shape
carat
color
clarity

Fun topic- About the ex...

amc80

Ideal_Rock
My bf and I were watching the dating game last week and one of the questions was "what is one quality your ex had that you wish your husband had?".

Not to me completely lame, but I honestly couldn't think of anything. My bf is both better looking, smarter, nicer, and treats me better than my ex. Nonetheless, it was an interesting question, so I thought I'd post it here.

Also interesting was the question that followed that one- "what is the best 10 inches of your husband?". Ha!

Annnnnd GO!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly, none of the guys I'd (briefly) dated before fi could even hold a candle to him. One was a real douche bag, and one was a whiny baby. Hence, the brief relationships. I feel so blessed to have met fi when I did, at 18, so we can have even more time together :)

The best 10 inches of him?? ummmm... lol.... I will say the top 10 inches of him, for his wonderful kisses, his intelligence, kindness, generosity, and love.

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
Originally I would have said: I wish he was as tall as my ex. But now I don't care : ) I love all 63 inches of him to pieces.

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
There is nothing my SO doesn’t have at all. Seriously, if I were asked to put together a man who is exactly what I want, personality and looks wise and everything, he is exactly what I would want. I am one freaking lucky girl!

The best 10 inches of my SO’s body? His… Shoulders and the top of his back. Then calves. Then butt. Lol. I love him.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I have a feeling that we're all gong to have the same answer.. :cheeky:

reader

Brilliant_Rock
I know one thing my current boyfriend wishes that he had of my ex-husband. His artistic talent. IMHO, the drawings were nice, but I'm much happier with a guy that holds down a job!
Best ten inches? His hands. I love his long hands and the best back massages ever.

heyme

Rough_Rock
lol honestly? I wish my boyfriend was as outgoing as my ex. My boyfriend is SO shy and self conscious, it bugs me sometimes. Nothing I can do will get him out of his shell. With my ex, he had no problem walking into a room and talking to people. I miss that. That's all I miss about my ex, though. The trade off is worth it.

Seattle SC

Shiny_Rock
I had an ex that was a clean freak.

God I miss that....

Best 10 inches? Well close enough.. haha :D

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
IndyLady said:
I have a feeling that we're all gong to have the same answer.. :cheeky:
Definitely not for me. :lol:

The qualities in exes that I wish my FI had all generally relate to words. I have an ex who is a fantastic storyteller, and FI can't tell a story to save his life. Another knew just how to give a perfect compliment, and FI really could use a Cyrano. What it boils down to is that FI just is not a verbose communicator and probably never will be (although he's improved over the past few years!).

He definitely isn't perfect (oh boy, neither am I) and I sometimes wish I could change him around the edges. But he's honest and loving and overall wonderful and we're great together, which is why I'm marrying him. :))

SweetPea-<3

Rough_Rock
Not much to say about the most recent ex. My BF is so much better for me...in so many ways. The only thing my dear, sweet BF lacks is a singing voice. He's practically tone deaf.

Best 10 inches? The shelf. (My nickname for his butt) :Up_to_something:

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
I have one!

My ex (actually all of my exes) were very considerate when we were walking somewhere together. Just little things that were second nature to them, like matching my pace, making sure there was enough room for two people to pass wherever we were, not letting obstacles (telephone poles, etc.) come between is. And usually holding hands. None of these things are important at all, but I was spoiled! My current boyfriend's brain just isn't programmed that way, and when we walk together, it's every man (or woman) for himself (or herself)! I often find myself crowded over to the edge of the sidewalk or having to walk in front of or behind him so we can both fit. We hold hands while walking sometimes, but not if it's hot out or otherwise unconvenient to do so. If a telephone pole or sign should come between us, he just lets go and it comes right between us. He doesn't do it intentionally, it's just not a part of his culture to even think about these things (my exes were all from a different country, where I lived for several years). I can't really compare my boyfriend to my exes, as they aren't from the same culture, and it isn't fair. And it's really such a nitpick. In every other conceivable way, my boyfriend is so much better than anyone I've ever dated before, and we're a great fit. We're just not much good at taking walks together!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

The multiple 10 inches that make up his 6' 4' inch height is great, but the BEST, is his.....wallet! :tongue: :cheeky:

cheers--Sharon

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
My FF is 6'4" too. I love the height :D

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I love a tall man too, S is 6'5, and so was the crybaby ex.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Mine is 6'7" and the ex was 6'1'. Another point for my bf.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
My one ex was 6'4", the other was 5'10" and my FI is 6'. MUCH prefer the 6'. I'm about 5'3", and like Goldilocks, 6' is just right!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
My ex was 6 feet 3 inches, my current five foot 7. I''ll take the current. Tall enough to still feel safe when held, short enough to kiss while standing on tip toes.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
My FI is 5' 7 too!

But I'm only 5 feet tall so it works for me :sun:

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
My ex was very charming and romantic...if there were one quality I would give my FI that would be it. Fi is very logical, straight forward, romance just isn't on his radar and even when he tries well....it's sweet that he tries but it just never quite hits romantic status.

That being said I'll take fi's non romantic self over ex's romancing every woman he came into contact with.

A

Anonymous

I've honestly tried hard to come up with something, but there just isn't anything better about my ex. I had a not so nice description of the ex typed out, but in the interest of not seeming too mean I deleted it. :devil:

Best 10 inches of my FI? His face. I love his smile, his voice, his eyes and the way he will just randomly look at me throughout the day with the sweetest expression. Good stuff! :twirl:

Rezi

Rough_Rock
I don't miss a thing. It took me years to realize that my ex was not the right person for me, but after the experience I definitely knew what I wanted. And my current boyfriend is all that. In my age you don't have many trial&error rounds left (I am hitting 30y soon), better make it work from the first retry :naughty:

... now that I wrote it, sounds very anti-romantic. Well, that's life for me.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
blacksand|1289506644|2762111 said:
I have one!

My ex (actually all of my exes) were very considerate when we were walking somewhere together. Just little things that were second nature to them, like matching my pace, making sure there was enough room for two people to pass wherever we were, not letting obstacles (telephone poles, etc.) come between is. And usually holding hands. None of these things are important at all, but I was spoiled! My current boyfriend's brain just isn't programmed that way, and when we walk together, it's every man (or woman) for himself (or herself)! I often find myself crowded over to the edge of the sidewalk or having to walk in front of or behind him so we can both fit. We hold hands while walking sometimes, but not if it's hot out or otherwise unconvenient to do so. If a telephone pole or sign should come between us, he just lets go and it comes right between us. He doesn't do it intentionally, it's just not a part of his culture to even think about these things (my exes were all from a different country, where I lived for several years). I can't really compare my boyfriend to my exes, as they aren't from the same culture, and it isn't fair. And it's really such a nitpick. In every other conceivable way, my boyfriend is so much better than anyone I've ever dated before, and we're a great fit. We're just not much good at taking walks together!

LOL this is so my FI.. he has big long legs and takes massive strides, and I have to quickly waddle after him :lol:

mousey

Shiny_Rock
stepcutgirl|1289701051|2765199 said:
My ex was very charming and romantic...if there were one quality I would give my FI that would be it. Fi is very logical, straight forward, romance just isn't on his radar and even when he tries well....it's sweet that he tries but it just never quite hits romantic status.

That being said I'll take fi's non romantic self over ex's romancing every woman he came into contact with.

I could have written this post! The ex was very charming, polite, charismatic- everyone LOVED him, until he came on to some of my friends while I was nt there, and it emerged that he was a cheating piece of poo. The FI is socially awkward, and while he is amazingly romantic in small ways he is completely incapable of the grand gestures. But I would take FI any day.... I love the fact that I KNOW that he would be scandalized if another woman made a pass at him. Is it odd that the sexiest thing about my FI is that I know I can trust him 100%, and I know that he will never hurt me?

agapitor

Shiny_Rock
the only thing I really miss about the ex(es) is having a dance partner.. for fast songs. I can always count on DH for the slow dances - which I love but he's outta there as soon as the fast ones come. I come from a culture who LOVES to dance and DH refuses to dance in public. But he's more than happy to dance with me in the privacy of our own home.. which somewhat makes up for it. I particularly love it when our two little boys join us and we look like a bunch of idiots flailing about.

AdanaEsq

Shiny_Rock
I can't think of anything either. I got rid of my exes for a reason and that usually means their bad qualities far outweighed the good. I guess I could say health since BF has health issues but they're chronic and he can't change that.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
mousey|1289817791|2766416 said:
stepcutgirl|1289701051|2765199 said:

I could have written this post! The ex was very charming, polite, charismatic- everyone LOVED him, until he came on to some of my friends while I was nt there, and it emerged that he was a cheating piece of poo. The FI is socially awkward, and while he is amazingly romantic in small ways he is completely incapable of the grand gestures. But I would take FI any day.... I love the fact that I KNOW that he would be scandalized if another woman made a pass at him. Is it odd that the sexiest thing about my FI is that I know I can trust him 100%, and I know that he will never hurt me?

Um...excuse me but when dod you get engaged?!?!? Where are the pics, the thread?! I've only been waitign FOREVER for you to get engaged! :lol:

mousey

Shiny_Rock
I know, right. It happened a while ago, but my camera has been injured. I have been meaning to borrow his and shoot some pics. It was a perfect example of him not getting the grand gesture thing down. We went for a really nice meal while on holiday, and then a lovely stroll. And he mentioned something about I hope the rest of our lives together will be as happy. I said, ya me too. He told me a couple of hours later that that was him trying to ask me to marry him. It was cute, he was so awkward and nervous!
Whens the big day?

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to thread jack but Whooo Hooo for Mousey! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

I'm so happy for you! I was just thinking a few weeks ago how he was really making you wait for it!

I'm getting married this New Years Eve. Have you set a date?

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Thats a lovely date! So you start the new year married!!!! Nope, we are both procrastinators and I want to finish this stopid PhD before starting planning.
Thanks so much for the congrats! Are nt you nice to think of me!
Have you found a dress yet?

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I think you're smart to make sure you concentrate on your PhD. Hop on over to the BWW section. I just posted today under "cute or not" about a bouquet I'm considering and I put a pic of my dress up there.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results