shape
carat
color
clarity

fun ring question

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
If you had a small budget but wanted a fun ring made for yourself, who would you turn to? Who are the go-to vendors these days?

It seems JKT kinda disappeared (and wasn't really in the "fun budget" category anyway). Is Daniel M still a favorite?

I'm dreaming of something like a melee set band or maybe a band with 5-7 varying sized stones set in it. Or a moi-toi with a parti sapphire and a rb diamond or white sapphire, if I could find the right parti sapphire for a decent price.

I just need a pick-me-up, I think.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Depending on what you mean by "fun ring" and "limited budget," you might rather look around for something already made. I think of custom made as being more expensive.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Depending on what you mean by "fun ring" and "limited budget," you might rather look around for something already made. I think of custom made as being more expensive.

And if I was to look at pre-made, where would you suggest I look?

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Aurora Designer has fun multi stone bands. I’ve never purchased from them, but I heard about them here when someone posted a ring they purchased.

Inbloom

Shiny_Rock
If you had a small budget but wanted a fun ring made for yourself, who would you turn to? Who are the go-to vendors these days?

It seems JKT kinda disappeared (and wasn't really in the "fun budget" category anyway). Is Daniel M still a favorite?

I'm dreaming of something like a melee set band or maybe a band with 5-7 varying sized stones set in it. Or a moi-toi with a parti sapphire and a rb diamond or white sapphire, if I could find the right parti sapphire for a decent price.

I just need a pick-me-up, I think.

If you’re sourcing the stones yourself then I think Daniel M would be a good choice. He deals with sterling and gold/plat. I recently got a custom ring made by Karat Jewelry Group but it’s gold or platinum. But they are extremely well priced. Anything gold is expensive now these days though. So yeah what your budget is would really affect the # of choices you have for a custom piece.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really does depend on what you do mean by small budget?

Something not expensive, nor time sensitive, nor irreplaceable, nor sentimental - I might consider sending a stone to DanielM. Recent threads on him will clue as to why. Hit or miss who has problems tho?

Semi-custom from her stock or stock design from CecileRailey would be my other suggestion.
she usually has a wide array variety of stones to choose from / can get.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
are there not any up and coming jewlers in your town?
take a look off main street for artists studios

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Daniel M is great with pricing but has gone MIA on several people (including myself) so you should read up on that before you proceed. There are threads on it. I agree with what @seaurchin said though, that something ready made is usually always less expensive. I don't have a specific vendor recommendation but I'm always looking at eBay and similar sites for deals like that.

000Ed

Rough_Rock
my 2 most worn are a boyfriend ring from maya and my hematite set from a art fair DSCN6384.jpg

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DSCN6384.jpg

Nice! You can keep a shopping list on that one!

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
my 2 most worn are a boyfriend ring from maya and my hematite set from a art fair DSCN6384.jpg

Btw, love your nails! French mani meets goth. Very subtle.

000Ed

Rough_Rock
Btw, love your nails! French mani meets goth. Very subtle.

thank you so much!! Its my fav nail style if I have the time its my go to! off and on for the past few years I always go back to it my lines are getting better not perfect but oh well

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results