shape
carat
color
clarity

Fun new stuff at The Gem trader :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/3/2009 4:22:40 PM
Author: stepcutnut
OK, I am torn...do you all think that the cobalt will be too dark if it is darker than the photos on the site??? Am told that it photographs well and is a tad darker IRL.
Just because a spinel has cobalt, doesn''t mean it''s not dark or grey (it can still have significant iron content as well). That sapphire blows that spinel away to pieces. The color on the sapphire is pretty vivid and amazing. Even though it''s small, it''s still an eye popper.
23.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve seen dark unattractive cobalt spinels and dreamy vivid cobalt spinels. Just like any gemstone, the quality will vary from stone to stone. I think the picture shows a nice blue spinel but the description of it photographing well and looking darker that the picture would give me pause as well.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Ladies-I decided to pass on it, the hubby and I were worried that it would be too dark! I also passed on the bi-color sapphire-although interesting and unique, we were worried that the blue was too light and would not make a easily noticable color separation once set.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results