shape
carat
color
clarity

Fun for the geeks!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, Porridge!

Does 41 have something to do with the "hippopotamus/antihippopotamus/annihilation" that's in the source code of the second haiku level (23)? It's not very helpful, but it could be the answer to "down the line is/the location where it lurks." But I tried putting in various words that have something to do with antimatter, and nothing worked.

ETA: Never mind, got it with a hint from another forum, and it's nothing at all to do with what I thought.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
omg why am I stuck on EVERY LEVEL now...

the one with more snow...last time it was backwards...tried decoding the morse code...tried making it backwards...tried a bunch of vigenere ciphers (why? not sure...) using snow, white, sledding, etc as key words...gaaaah

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
slg47|1297489521|2849817 said:
omg why am I stuck on EVERY LEVEL now...

the one with more snow...last time it was backwards...tried decoding the morse code...tried making it backwards...tried a bunch of vigenere ciphers (why? not sure...) using snow, white, sledding, etc as key words...gaaaah

Pick a decoder and type the Morse Code in backwards.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Made it to the finish line! Still missing 27b and 29b, and I got 42 by a total guess, but I still made it!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
jstarfireb|1297487937|2849810 said:
Congrats, Porridge!

Does 41 have something to do with the "hippopotamus/antihippopotamus/annihilation" that's in the source code of the second haiku level (23)? It's not very helpful, but it could be the answer to "down the line is/the location where it lurks." But I tried putting in various words that have something to do with antimatter, and nothing worked.

ETA: Never mind, got it with a hint from another forum, and it's nothing at all to do with what I thought.
That really threw me too, I still have no idea why it's there.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
jstarfireb|1297498734|2849855 said:
Made it to the finish line! Still missing 27b and 29b, and I got 42 by a total guess, but I still made it!
YAAAAYYYYY CONGRATS jstarfireb! That orange sure is satisfying isn't it :bigsmile:

I am missing those two too. I will try them during the week. If anyone gets them meantime please post hints!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Porridge! Out of curiosity, how did you get 42? I got frustrated and just started putting in numbers starting at 1...

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
jstarfireb|1297536194|2850074 said:
Thanks, Porridge! Out of curiosity, how did you get 42? I got frustrated and just started putting in numbers starting at 1...
Hahahaha me too! I tried converting pretty much every word on screen into numbers using every method I could think of. Then I thought the word to be sutracted was "something" because of the way it was written...can't remember now but it was like "don't forget to take something, too". No luck. So then I did the exact same thing you did and voilá :lol: Took me feckin ages!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Awesome! I had the same thought process as you (which didn't pan out). I was pretty shocked that it actually worked.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results