shape
carat
color
clarity

Fun at the gem fair today

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So let me share a story on cuprians. I bought a non papered one from a trusted dealer. At the time, under 500 dollars so went for it. I sent it off to get a lab report and lo and behold, according to the report not cuprian. Yes I was able to get my money back because it wasn't as described.

So, be careful, sometimes those purple tourmalines do not add up to cuprian tourmaline via the lab report (though they can certainly be very pretty!)

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Thanks @Arcadian. If it was $500 I wouldn’t have thought twice about getting it or worrying about a lab. Thanks for sharing your experience. It makes me feel better about walking away. :))

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness I am so thrilled there is another PSer in Atlanta. I couldn’t imagine being the only one but I’ve been on this board for far too long and you’re the first one who’s popped up in front of me!

The show was at the Cobb civic center. It’s put on by the Atlanta gem and mineral society and happens twice a year just before Thanksgiving and then again before Mother’s Day. It’s about half jewelry and half rocks and minerals including fossils and meteorites etc. there are really only two jewelry vendors I go there to see and both great! My kids love going because of the classes and the hands-on activities and dinosaur Bones lol. What part of Atlanta are you in? I am in Brookhaven.

It looks really fun. It looks like it might be worth traveling from another state to attend.

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
It looks really fun. It looks like it might be worth traveling from another state to attend.

It’s definitely a good time but I don’t know that I’d classify it as traveling-from-another-state worthy... But if it was in conjunction with a PS meet-up then heck yeah! Are you anywhere close by @Stone Hunter ?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s definitely a good time but I don’t know that I’d classify it as traveling-from-another-state worthy... But if it was in conjunction with a PS meet-up then heck yeah! Are you anywhere close by @Stone Hunter ?

Not really. But the local gem show I went to last year was really small. I didn’t find anything to buy. sad :((

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Not really. But the local gem show I went to last year was really small. I didn’t find anything to buy. sad :((

Oh how disappointing! This show isn’t huge by any means but there are a handful of really good vendors that make it worthwhile. So if you’re down for a trip to hotlanta in May, come on! :D

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We left Cobb County five years ago, but if you do all get together, lunch or dinner at the nearby Canoe Restaurant should be a consideration. It overlooks the Chattahoochee river, and is one of our favorite restaurants of all time. https://www.canoeatl.com/

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
I love Canoe! Great idea @prs! Are you still in the area?

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry no, we moved to California, but still have fond memories of Cobb and Canoe!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results