shape
carat
color
clarity

Full of Surprises Setting - anyone have it??

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, just wondering if there is anyone out there with this? Bronze had it but a temporary setting only so there are minimal pictures to find. I am getting a new 1ct cushion (finally!!!!) and now deliberating setting. I want really simple, but not too plain. thanks anyone.

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
don''t worry about this request please, it turns out DH thinks it''s "too blingy" for his liking ;-)

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Actually I have been trying to find pictures of it as well. So, if anyone has any I would greatly appreciate it!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I had them set my 1.3 ct cushion in it and wasn't happy with it so they were very nice and let me return it. Here are the pics they sent.

ETA: I didn't see it in person, I just meant that I wasn't happy with how the outline showed face on. I'm sure it's a very beautiful setting and it just didn't work with my stone.

shimmerfullofsurprises122109a.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2010 3:39:04 PM
Author: shimmer
I had them set my 1.3 ct cushion in it and wasn''t happy with it so they were very nice and let me return it. Here are the pics they sent.

ETA: I didn''t see it in person, I just meant that I wasn''t happy with how the outline showed face on. I''m sure it''s a very beautiful setting and it just didn''t work with my stone.
I like this setting but agree it did not work with your stone Shimmer.

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/26/2010 4:40:20 PM
Author: dreamer_d

I had them set my 1.3 ct cushion in it and wasn't happy with it so they were very nice and let me return it. Here are the pics they sent.

ETA: I didn't see it in person, I just meant that I wasn't happy with how the outline showed face on. I'm sure it's a very beautiful setting and it just didn't work with my stone.

Looking at it, the outline seems to be a bit round (showing more on the sides of the cushion than the top?) and better for a rounder stone (or at least a 1:1 ratio cushion)? How it appears may vary from cushion to cushion.

It is a very pretty setting though! I have often looked at it and wondered what it would look like! I don't think it is too much bling at all - it's a rather understated bling
26.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2010 4:48:11 PM
Author: RaiKai

I had them set my 1.3 ct cushion in it and wasn''t happy with it so they were very nice and let me return it. Here are the pics they sent.

ETA: I didn''t see it in person, I just meant that I wasn''t happy with how the outline showed face on. I''m sure it''s a very beautiful setting and it just didn''t work with my stone.

Looking at it, I think it would look better with a round stone. The outline seems to be a bit round (showing more on the sides of the cushion than the top?) so may better match a round than a cushion and not show the same face on?

It is a very pretty setting though! I have often looked at it and wondered what it would look like!
I think it was made for an oval. It is a stock mounting from unique settings, so they can only order it in certain shapes I suspect.

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/26/2010 4:49:28 PM
Date: 5/26/2010 4:48:11 PM

Author: RaiKai

Looking at it, I think it would look better with a round stone. The outline seems to be a bit round (showing more on the sides of the cushion than the top?) so may better match a round than a cushion and not show the same face on?

It is a very pretty setting though! I have often looked at it and wondered what it would look like!

I think it was made for an oval. It is a stock mounting from unique settings, so they can only order it in certain shapes I suspect.

Ah...okay, I can see the oval now! That makes sense (I was not sure what ratio Shimmer's cushion was so was just guessing!). I suppose an oval was closest to the cushion in this case. Thanks
28.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
it is a very pretty setting but I agree - it wasn''t a good fit for your stone Shimmer

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I agree, I''m sure it was made for a different shape and had it come out like I expected I would have loved it! I found this in my files, with a round stone. Hope this helps!

fullofsurprises909b.jpg

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2010 12:00:30 PM
I agree, I'm sure it was made for a different shape and had it come out like I expected I would have loved it! I found this in my files, with a round stone. Hope this helps!

Ooh, I like it much better when the stone fits the setting (or the other way around?).

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted to see a profile shot. This is a 1.82ct stone.

FOS Profile.jpg

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I also wanted to see options of wedding bands

Bead set band 504

Full of Surprises with bead set band 504 front.jpg

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Again from side

Full of Surprises with bead set band 504 side.jpg

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
With halo band

Full of Surprises with halo band front.jpg

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
With the honey band

Full of Surprises with honey band front.jpg

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Honey band again.

I hope these pics help someone! :)

Full of Surprises with honey band side.jpg

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah so I totally didn''t know that you have to remove the logo from pics. . . . I can''t seem to remove the picture from the post to replace it though! SORRY! Will do it if someone tells me how.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for those pictures! It definitely helps.

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
thanks Shimmer, that pic you posted is super helpful as my stone is a cushion also. I didn''t realise it really suits a round, or square shape better (in the case of a princess). interesting. I love that Honeyband though, great look! Thanks Hoofbeats95.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
oh, I love it with the Honey band!!!

It is a pretty setting, but I agree it did not work with Shimmer''s stone.

With a round stone,
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
The setting is very pretty and has a very nice profile but it is not for a cushion I think, your DH has a good eye! Good luck with your search!

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
hoofbeats, you just helped me tremendously. I've been scouring google for images of this setting for a princess cut and finally stumbled upon this thread. These pics are great. Thank you, thank you!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results