shape
carat
color
clarity

Frustrated trying to buy a wedding band

whitneyc

Rough_Rock
Hello Pricescopers!!

I am a little frustrated with trying to purchase my wedding band. When buying my Engagement ring I felt like everyone was bending over backwards to make me happy and to make my purchase smooth and easy. NOW, I am trying to "source" a band that I would like/can afford and I feel like its pulling teeth trying to get the SAME vendor who sold me my engagement ring to even return my emails!! I am sort of fed up! Are wedding bands just not as important to these businesses because they aren't as expensive? I really want to give them my business again because they were so wonderful with my Engagement ring but REALLY. I hate having to email people REMINDING them that I am waiting for a reply so I can spend MONEY with them!!!!

Sorry. I needed a vent.

Any suggestions?? I am really just looking for a 3/4 eternity band, about 3mm to 3.5 mm in width with round diamonds and not the "boxy" look. My Engagement ring is a 1.5 carat round stone in a 6 prong solitaire. Thanks everyone!

1284766332666.jpg

6hqq87.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
what is your budget?

whitneyc

Rough_Rock
I would like to stay under $1500

slg47

Ideal_Rock
well, I am really sorry that it has been hard for you to find a wedding band! the vendors should definitely work with you on this...should be same level of service no matter what the project or budget.

your ering is beautiful by the way :)

have you tried calling the vendor? sometimes calling works better than e-mail.

whitneyc

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I was going to call, but I have been so frustrated that I almost just feel like finding a new vendor! I don't think I am asking too much, Even if it is 1/2 eternity, and it is only 14k white gold, too. I just had such a good experience with them the first time around, this second time I definitely feel much less IMPORTANT! ;(

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
I feel for you. I just went through THE SAME EXACT THING. I bought my ering in March and then immediately starting emailing the same vendor about a wedding band and spacer. The sales associate just stopped responding to my emails. I found it odd but I decided not to beg for service and moved on to another PS vendor. I know the WB is not as expensive as the ering but its still a few thousand---I dont get it!?! Maybe it was an honest mistake--who knows, but there are WAY TOO many GREAT vendors around here to limit myself and chase someone else down for my business.

Good luck in your search. Your ring is BEAUTIFUL--congrats!

slg47

Ideal_Rock

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ering is very pretty. I would give them a call if they have what you want; if not find another vendor who will get back to you. I find it very frustrating to exchange emails because I want a quicker response than I get that way. Maybe they figure if I am sending an email I am not in the big of a hurry. Good luck finding what you want.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you looked into ID Jewelry? They are very reasonable and many people on the forum swear by them.

whitneyc

Rough_Rock
Thank you guys!! I always prefer email because then I have a paper(electronic) trail of what was said and I can always go back and refer to it. I am known to forget some details if I am on the phone ;))

I was looking around on whiteflash after you sent that link and I found this
http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-bands/seven-stone-shared-prong-diamond-wedding-band-566.htm

not quite 1/2 or 3/4 eternity, or 3mm, but I love it! And it is under $1500! I am going to keep looking, thank you for your kind replies!

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
So I just looked to see who made your ering and ironically they are the one's I am going with after getting ignored by the vendor that made MY ering...go figure!

Have you been trying recently? Keep in mind they were closed for a week or more around Easter. Since they have come back I know they have been busier but they are still responding--just not as fast as normally. I used them for earrings(huggies) 2 months ago and have my wband order in now--they are a little busier (I think). Try calling.

If you have already given up on them here is a link for a 3/4 eternity band from Whiteflash that is in your price range. http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-bands/diamonds-for-an-eternity-3-4-diamond-wedding-band-850.htm
It is only 2.3mm at the top but its made with their ACA melee that is TO DIE FOR!! I almost bought this one myself (and still might eventually) but instead I ordered a full eternity through IDJ.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amys Bling|1305405727|2921912 said:
Have you looked into ID Jewelry? They are very reasonable and many people on the forum swear by them.

Yep. Also, Brian Gavin, Whiteflash, James Allen, Pearlman's, and Eternity Diamonds.

whitneyc

Rough_Rock
lbbaber|1305405802|2921915 said:
So I just looked to see who made your ering and ironically they are the one's I am going with after getting ignored by the vendor that made MY ering...go figure!

Have you been trying recently? Keep in mind they were closed for a week or more around Easter. Since they have come back I know they have been busier but they are still responding--just not as fast as normally. I used them for earrings 2 months ago and have my wband order in now--they are a little busier (I think). Try calling.

If you have already given up on them here is a link for a 3/4 eternity band from Whiteflash that is in your price range. http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-bands/diamonds-for-an-eternity-3-4-diamond-wedding-band-850.htm
It is only 2.3mm at the top but its made with their ACA melee that is TO DIE FOR!! I almost bought this one myself (and still might eventually) but instead I ordered a full eternity through IDJ.

They were PHENOMENAL with my ering! I can't say enough kind words about them for that! Its just now, I don't know if its because a wb is less $ than an ering or what, but I just feel COMPLETELY ignored! And yes, I emailed them before the holiday, I was told they would be out of the office until Passover and would email me back then. I waited about a week and a half after Passover with no reply and decided to email them again. She contacted me back with some options, and I told her it wasn't exactly what I wanted, and that was on Wednesday. I WANT to spend my money with someone who WANTS it, you know?

BUT I love that ring!!! Thank you for posting it! When the FI wakes up from his nap I MUST show it to him!!

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
whitneyc|1305406125|2921920 said:

Have you been trying recently? Keep in mind they were closed for a week or more around Easter. Since they have come back I know they have been busier but they are still responding--just not as fast as normally. I used them for earrings 2 months ago and have my wband order in now--they are a little busier (I think). Try calling.

They were PHENOMENAL with my ering! I can't say enough kind words about them for that! Its just now, I don't know if its because a wb is less $ than an ering or what, but I just feel COMPLETELY ignored! And yes, I emailed them before the holiday, I was told they would be out of the office until Passover and would email me back then. I waited about a week and a half after Passover with no reply and decided to email them again. She contacted me back with some options, and I told her it wasn't exactly what I wanted, and that was on Wednesday. I WANT to spend my money with someone who WANTS it, you know?

BUT I love that ring!!! Thank you for posting it! When the FI wakes up from his nap I MUST show it to him!!

How ironic bc I gave up on WF and switched to IDJ after WF stopped answering my emails (they did my ering in March and I felt exactly like you do now!!). I started emailing Luann right before the holiday and I did not hear back from her until about a week after they re-opened. I thought it was odd bc she usually answers my emails right away (I bought huggies through her the month before) but she explained they were back and trying to catch up. If you call she usually answers, but, like you, I prefer email too.Try not to take it personally (although I understand how you you feel) bc I can say that its not just you right now---they are very busy right now!

I did finally order a full eternity (w/10 pointers)through IDJ although I LOVE the one in the link from WF. I think I will end up ordering both :naughty: . I am glad you like it! Please, please, please post pics if you do decide to get it. I can say from experience, the ACA melee is AMAZING!

whitneyc

Rough_Rock
lbbaber|1305407098|2921929 said:
whitneyc|1305406125|2921920 said:

How ironic bc I gave up on WF and switched to IDJ after WF stopped answering my emails (they did my ering in March and I felt exactly like you do now!!). I started emailing Luann right before the holiday and I did not hear back from her until about a week after they re-opened. I thought it was odd bc she usually answers my emails right away (I bought huggies through her the month before) but she explained they were back and trying to catch up. If you call she usually answers, but, like you, I prefer email too.Try not to take it personally (although I understand how you you feel) bc I can say that its not just you right now---they are very busy right now!

I did finally order a full eternity (w/10 pointers)through IDJ although I LOVE the one in the link from WF. I think I will end up ordering both :naughty: . I am glad you like it! Please, please, please post pics if you do decide to get it. I can say from experience, the ACA melee is AMAZING!

Have you received your eternity yet? I would love to see pictures of it! I think on Monday I am going to send another email, give it a couple days, and then move on.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
If your still on the fence and were that happy w/IDJ for your ering, I would try them again. I would be willing to bet that its not deliberate on their part.

Edited to add: No, I havent gotten the eternity yet. I lost my wallet last week and had to wait for my bank to reissue my debit card but I will be getting it today or tomorrow and then the order will be paid for and official.

There have been so many threads lately from PSers that have ordered eternity bands through IDJ so it really sealed the deal for me--thay came out beautiful. Plus with IDJ, you can trade in an eternity band and get full purchase price towards a bigger one (same thing with their diamond huggies). I am planning on growing my eternity ring made with 10 pointers (which is 2.1ctw--to compare it to the James Allen one you linked, its double the weight for a size 6.5, but only a few hundred more), I will trade it in eventually for one made w/25 pointers :naughty:

I do still very much love the WF one too (the 3/4 eternity with their ACA melee bc it matched my ering)---so I think I will have to have both! When the eternity "grows" I can use it as a RHR and the WF as a wedding band!

Have you seen any threads with IDJ eternity bands in SMTB?

whitneyc

Rough_Rock
lbbaber|1305407635|2921933 said:
If your still on the fence and were that happy w/IDJ for your ering, I would try them again. I would be willing to bet that its not deliberate on their part.

Edited to add: No, I havent gotten the eternity yet. I lost my wallet last week and had to wait for my bank to reissue my debit card but I will be getting it today or tomorrow and then the order will be paid for and official.

There have been so many threads lately from PSers that have ordered eternity bands through IDJ so it really sealed the deal for me--thay came out beautiful. Plus with IDJ, you can trade in an eternity band and get full purchase price towards a bigger one (same thing with their diamond huggies). I am planning on growing my eternity ring made with 10 pointers (which is 2.1ctw--to compare it to the James Allen one you linked, its double the weight for a size 6.5, but only a few hundred more), I will trade it in eventually for one made w/25 pointers :naughty:

I do still very much love the WF one too (the 3/4 eternity with their ACA melee bc it matched my ering)---so I think I will have to have both! When the eternity "grows" I can use it as a RHR and the WF as a wedding band!

Have you seen any threads with IDJ eternity bands in SMTB?

I have seen a couple, none recently, and I did not know that about their upgrade policy! That is fantastic!

bethprov

Shiny_Rock
Hey there,

I am currently working with Whiteflash on a custom set of channel set bands. It isn't in their stock but they have been absolutely wonderful to work with, working hard to find me exactly what I was looking for and its not a very expensive project. Even though the whole project is costing me very little , they still have given me excellent customer service. My emails have been answered same day almost always and they even have been working with me in the evenings because I work nights and am not available during the day. This is the first online purchase I have ever made and so far I could not be happier! Just wanted to let you know that I have had a great experience with a completely custom order with them so maybe they can help you find exactly what you are looking for, even if its not listed on their site. Good luck to you!

edit: your e-ring is lovely by the way! Looks beautiful on you!!!

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
The stone I am inspecting came from IDJ. Yekutiel has been great to work with, and has been determined to see to it that I get EXACTLY what I want. In fact, he always promptly responded to my emails and phone calls, and told that he wanted me "to be more than 100% satisfied" with my purchase from him.

Kudos to him and his organization! :appl: :appl: :D

whitneyc

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys, maybe I am just being impatient. Appreciate all the support

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results