shape
carat
color
clarity

Frustrated & in need of a Tiffany Replica erring –

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Taz

Rough_Rock

I have purchased a FVS1 1.28 diamond thanks to everyone’s AWESOME input and advice here. Everyone was great and helped me a lot. Now I need the erring setting. The store I purchased the diamond from does not have a close setting to a Tiffany & CO. Round Brilliant, six prongs, with Channel – Set Band Engagement Ring, which is the one I want to put the diamond in. The Tiffany stamp is not important. I have attached a picture of the ring.

Can anyone recommend a place that does good custom work on erings? I live in Colorado, but not apposed to going elsewhere if they do good work. The problem here is that the person that does the custom work for the store said the 6 prong setting would be close but not the same. He said the bottom V on the prong would not be as scooped in appearance as the Tiffany setting. I thought prongs were easy to do Or does Tiffany rings have a special 6 prong proprietary setting they use?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

channel_z2.jpg

Taz

Rough_Rock

Also I did check and there are no copywrites on the ering being such a simple style. The Tiffany logo is definitely copywrited though.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2007 2:56:20 PM
Author:Taz

He said the bottom V on the prong would not be as scooped in appearance as the Tiffany setting.

Sorry, but you will not get an exact copy of the Tiffany. Many vendors do a similar ring but there will be slight differences.

Taz

Rough_Rock
Thanks - could you recommend some vendors?

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
I'd go with Mark Morrell if you have the money for it

http://www.mwmjewelry.com/January-05/
Scroll almost all the way down, there is one that looks similar to the pic you posted and his work is JUST gorgeous . . . we would have gone that route if not for our budget.

ETA: third from the bottom is the ring I am talking about

bfready

Rough_Rock
I second the Mark Morrell idea. I don''t have my ring yet... Mark got the stone last week and I''m expecting it the second week of April. I don''t know how much customizing it would cost, but the Sunburst would be a great way to get a Tiffany-style look.

I can''t say enough about how great my experience has been with Mark. The ring isn''t complete, but every time I''ve talked to Mark about a question or concern, he seems to genuinely care about my specific ring, even if it isn''t some expensive custom job.

Taz

Rough_Rock
Thanks yes, that is close. I sent him an email

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results