shape
carat
color
clarity

From B2C to IDJ - my new ering in less than 7 days!! 2.36 K MRB XXX [IDJ Takes the Gold!!]

can24

Rough_Rock
My FH and I got engaged in Anguilla 2 months ago, where he proposed with a simple diamond-sapphire band as a 'placeholder' ring. He knew that I wanted to be a part of the process, and he wanted to be officially engaged before starting the stone/ring process. I've been reading PS for about a year now and have learned a TON! Thank you to diamondseeker, lljsmom, and some trade folks for giving me feedback on stones in the past couple of weeks!

When the FH and I both had to go to NY for work during the same week, we knew we would give Yekutiel a visit at IDJ. I started talking with Denise at IDJ about 6 weeks out, and she warned me that because of how quickly inventory changes hands, we shouldn't really be looking until 2 weeks before our appointment. Nevertheless, I of course made a color coded google sheet with my top 10 stones from all over the worlds. Because IDJ can't source diamonds from India with a return policy, I found a stone that I *thought* was the one. It was a MRB 2.42 I XXX, HCA 1.0, SI1 (eye clean). The trick here was that the stone had medium fluoro, which is something I wanted in a deeper color stone (I really am not color sensitive). We ordered through B2C, received the stone, and were...lukewarm on the stone. It just had something that didn't look right. So, FH and I are in NY with our B2C stone, and we go to IDJ to meet Yekutiel.

I was upfront with Yekutiel that I had already purchased a stone, but that we were well within the 30 day return window, so essentially, if he had a 'better' stone, we would buy through him. We were pleasantly surprised when he said 'ok, let's see it.' After a minute of loupe/H&A viewing, he said 'ok, I'll prove to you that the one I have here is better.' He had pulled 3 stones for us to look at. My biggest concern was that the 3 stones he pulled were all K color. I am not color sensitive, but I know that K gets a bad rap. Yekutiel confirmed that all the stones had laser inscriptions on their girdle (so as not to 'lose' my stone), and then took all four of them and mixed them up and said, ok! choose! Ha!

A full hour later, we had reduced our choices down to 2 - the B2C stone with the medium blue fluoro and a 2.36 K. Both have HCAs of 1.0, the K stone had faint fluoro. After another 15 minutes and staring at all of them, I asked if we could see them both outside - I just wasn't getting the full 'pop' of which one to choose. As soon as we got outside Yekutiel showed us both stones in the holders and immediately my FH and I noticed how much life the 2.36K had compared to the 2.42 I. The blue fluoro made the 2.42 I look milky and didn't have that 'HD vision' aspect to the stone. We were both excited to have chosen a stone that was not only an amazing performer, but also about $3k cheaper!! (I mean, $ is $ right?) We were also lucky that B2C let us return their stone to their NY office that same day. We did not have any issues working with them whatsoever, so I would just say, you have to know what you want/looking at with a vendor like B2C.

With the stone chosen, we were ready to pick a setting. Trick was - our trip to NY was within two weeks to a black tie wedding that FH and I both really wanted to show off my new bling. We asked Yekutiel if he could do the impossible and make a CUSTOM low profile four prong setting in that amount of time and he said YES, and at a fantastic price.

As we placed the order on 6/2, we were expecting to receive the ring this coming Wednesday (6/14), which would have been amazing turn around time anyway, but on 6/8 I got a fedex shipment notification. We received the completed ring at 9am yesterday!! That's less than a 7 day turn around time!!! Yekutiel is a miracle worker!!

So, for those of you on the fence about working with IDJ, I give my full fledged two thumbs up to them!

Ok, now for the specs:
2.36 carat MRB
K color
8.53x8.55mm
Graded by GIA - XXX
Faint fluoro
VS2
HCA 1.0
Table: 58%
Depth: 61.3%
Crown Angle: 34
Pav angle: 40.8
Lower half: 80%

For reference, my ring size is 7.25, but the ring a 7.5.

And now for some photos!

Last edited:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That is a beautiful diamond & the cut / sparkle looks amazing!

Congratulations on your engagement & well done to IDJ for their amazingly quick & fab work!

can24

Rough_Rock
And for those of you scared of a K, I'm going to show you this photo. Our living room area where I took this photo is all beige (thanks landlord). I'm talking like yellowy beige and a brown wooden ceiling. So the amount of yellow you see here is from the surrounding area and not as much from the stone itself. IMG_8115.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its beautiful can24! I'm so glad you were able to do some comparison and it worked out! I'm always amazed that Ks can looks so white...but when
its well cut and doing what its suppose to do you get white! Congrats!

can24

Rough_Rock
Thanks Alex T!

Q

Queenie60

wow! Your ring is stunning - what a beautiful stone. Yes, Yekutiel has a great eye for beautiful stones. He's my go to! Enjoy your beautiful ring and congratulations.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fun story! Congratulations! your stone looks amazing and just perfect on your finger. Well done Yekutiel!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great ring (love the low profile!!) and great story. Congrats.

cheers--Sharon

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!
Wow! IDJ really came through for you!
Enjoy your gorgeous stone and beautiful setting. Your engagement ring looks fantastic on you! Congratulations!

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! It looks beautiful on your hand.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Classic elegance! What a fun shopping trip that must have been! Congrats!

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring!! Congrats. Looks fantastic on you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!:love: IDJ did a great job with the stone and setting! Congrats!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What an amazing ring!! I love it!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty - enjoy your lovely new ring!

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring and what a wonderful job Yekutiel and Idj did. And yes Yejutiel got great eyes.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!
What a beautiful diamond and timeless setting! It looks amazing on you! Absolutely wonderful! :love:
Thanks for sharing your story.
That's a K? Wow! Its gorgeous.

secretagentlaura

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Lucky you! It's a gorgeous ring and it look perfect on you!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!! It's just beautiful on you!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yekutiel (and IDJ) is wonderful, and your ring is BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations on your engagement :)

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement!!! Your bling is absolutely gorgeous!!! :love::love: Yekutiel is really so easy to work with and always strives to make his customers 10000% happy!!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! Anguilla sounds like an amazing place to get engaged! This ring is all that and a bag of chips - just stunning!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, A beautiful classic!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stunning ring!!! That is such a great K color too. I can hardly even see any tint from the side.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a great story in an exciting time of life for you both, congrats--its gorgeous!!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
What a great story, and congratulations on your engagement! I'm so glad you had such a great experience. And the ring, oh my god, it's gorgeous!

MrsJoe

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful ring, and it looks great on the hand too. Congrats on the engagement!

can24

Rough_Rock
Thanks all! From the top and say - 45 degree angle viewing of the top and sides I can't see any color from the K. The light that comes from the stone is this beautiful white mixed with some pastels, which make me think the stone has more 'personality,' but that's probably just confirmation bias. :)

P

PierreBear

Congrats! Always nice to hear a positive shopping experience that went smoothly. Must have been so exciting for it to happen so quickly. I hope you wore it proudly to the event and blinded everyone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results