shape
carat
color
clarity

Freshadama vs other options?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I''m probably going to start upgrading my current pearl set for something nicer... one piece at a time starting with studs. At Pearl Paradise, is there a noticeable difference in the AAA freshwaters, AAA akoyas, and the Freshadamas? I think I''m leaning towards the Freshadamas but don''t want to pay the extra if they look similar to the AAA freshwaters. Any opinions are appreciated!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At this point I only have the earrings, but at those prices, my opinion is to go for the best..the Freshadamas!

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
I have a strand of the Pearl Paradise AAA freshwaters and they are beautiful but from what I have heard about the Freshadamas, i would like to upgrade. They are supposed to be gorgeous with a luster that is fantastic!

I will be going Freshadama w/ my next purchase.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been looking at those too. Maybe we can get some scoop on the difference soon.

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
I know we can''t post links to other sites but another forum that I read frequently is devoted exclusively to pearls. If you go to pearl-guide (www dot com) there are many articles and discussions of the Freshadama vs AAA pearls. While the posters love both options from Pearl Paradise and have a place for both types in their wardrobes, the Freshadama seem to hold the most allure for what folks want to own.

To make an analogy that may or may not fit, Pearl Paradise seems to be the Whiteflash of the pearl world and Freshadama seem to be the ACA comparison to that. This is just my opinion from an uneducated perspective.... hahaha

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have some Freshadamas and I was nervous that I should just spend my money on Mikimotos but I took my Freshadamas to a high end jewelry store and compared them to Mikimotos. The look the same if not better in my opinion.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have some Gemfresh (20" 8mm''s) from The Pearl Outlet, and Freshadamas as a pair of ear charms (8-9mm) and pendant (10mm). Both the strand and (when I bought them) the Freshadama loose pearls, have an ivory overtone. I can tell no appreciable difference in the quality of the two lines. I''m kinda making the rounds, and will probably try another vendor''s top line pearls here soon. I suspect most people would be hard-pressed to distinguish a difference in the top vendors'' lines.... I pretty much go where the sales are on.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Skippy, that's what people say. It's also interesting that the seeding is biodegradable, from what I've read, so that what you end up with is solid and natural. And they practically give them away. What's not to like? I'm buying some for presents next Christmas.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I have seen them in person. I think the big difference is going to be in the shape. There are a few other places that sell similar quality. Pearls of joy has the presidential grade, and the pearl outlet has it''s own special freshwaters.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Knowing nothing about pearls, do Akoyas have orient the way Freshadamas do? The price of the Freshadamas is very appealing to someone who should not be buying anymore jewelry at this time
38.gif
2.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
The natural untreated akoyas can have that rainbow look to them. Pearl outlet is selling them ( you might have to ask them ) and they look amazing in the photos. I have baroque akoyas and they have it too. But most of them are bleached and pinked. With akoyas you get super shiny pearls that can be almost metallic. I think it's more of a freshwater thing in general.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/18/2009 9:09:52 AM
Author: risingsun
Knowing nothing about pearls, do Akoyas have orient the way Freshadamas do? The price of the Freshadamas is very appealing to someone who should not be buying anymore jewelry at this time
38.gif
2.gif
Great akoyas may have more luster than the best freshwaters, but I personally do not want a bead with a little coating on it. I''d rather have a solid nacre fw pearl because that is actually closer to the composition of a natural pearl, in my opinion.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
It looks like the freshadamas are pretty popular! I''ll probably be ordering some soon... just need to decide on a color now
1.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Thanks innerkitten and diamondseeker. It seems that Freshadamas are a very good alternative to akoyas.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
PP has a good return policy too which is always nice. Make sure you specify what type of overtones you want. Someone got a beautiful strand a while ago with super strong rose overtones. They were so pretty.

What size are yo getting?

Oh no, this new forum is making me want more pearls.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results