shape
carat
color
clarity

Freshadama Pearls

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
Can anyone tell me where Freshadama pearls are from? I have my eye on a multicolored strand that makes my heart sing. Just curious to know more about them.

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
From doing a little more hunting around, I guess "Freshadama" is just the term they use to mean that they have selected the highest quality (earring and pendant grade) freshwater pearls for that particular jewelry piece. So the Freshadama line could come from any place where freshwater pearls are farmed. Haha... sorry for the useless questions. Pearl newbie mistake :oops:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Hi Mynattak! :wavey:

Sorry, we are very slow over here in Pearls, it's not a highly active board . . . There is a lot of info here, though, please read through some of the threads!

I'm glad you found your answer! I actually had no idea. . . :oops:

We would love to see pics when you decide! :appl:

EchoEcho

Rough_Rock
This is actually a point of contention among some people, as "Freshadama" is not an objective grade; it is a trademarked term used by Pearl Paradise. If it came from any other dealer than PP, I would find it highly suspect. But PP is trusted (for good reason) and has a good reputation. Generally speaking, though, anything graded higher than AAA (like AAA+ or AAAA) is considered suspect.

But overall, yes, it is used to indicate FW pearls with a luster closest to the mirror-like shine of akoya pearls. Hanadama being the term used to distinguish the highest grade of akoya, freshadama is a play on words to denote gem-quality FW pearls sold loose and undrilled.

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
Actually, I guess the ones I am looking at are not Freshadama after all? They are the multicolor exotic freshwater. I found the thread from when these came out last November and it was very helpful even though it is locked now.

Yeah, I thought I was just coming over here to lurk and learn a little about pearls, but then I saw Bean post this as a response on the holiday wish list:

http://www.pearlparadise.com/7075-mm-Multicolor-Exotic-Freshwater-Pearl-Necklace3068.aspx

now I'm a goner. Can't possibly buy them since I just splurged on a 14k yellow gold 5 stone Tsavorite ring. I showed my hubby the pearls and he said "Hun-nnny!" lol.. not in the good way. :halo:

Echo, that reminds me of RockHugger's post I read the other day about fraudulent diamond grading. Someone responded that they knew of a local retailer who made up their own grading system that sounded near-legit, using buzzwords like "Very Special" and "Super Ideal". wow.

The exotics are amazing.

I have a few more coming wednesday, but here is a shot of my PP exotics.

beanppexotics.jpg

Love these things. This is my 39" strand and sorry those were both iphone pix... I was too lazy to use a real camera

beanexotics.jpg

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
OMG Bean, what are you trying to do to me???? :lol:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
just about the time i think i'm not "into" something, one of you posts a picture of your purchase and i decide "oh, yeah, i could go for that". they are lovely.

MoZo

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
China. See: YouTube

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results