shape
carat
color
clarity

freshadama pearl necklace

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

broundiamond09

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I ordered a freshadama 7.5-8mm pearl necklace. I am wondering which length is most appropriate for most versatile use - the 16" or the 18".

Thanks for your opinions!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you think about a "happy medium" and having it at 17"? I had PP make my pearl necklace into 17" and that was perfect for me. They also gave me the extra pearls..............

broundiamond09

Rough_Rock
I would like something that isn''t too much of a choker length, but not past my collar bone either. I currently wear a chain with a pendant that is 16" in length but I wonder if the size of the pearls will make a 16" strand look shorter than my chain?

Thanks for the response!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I second the 17" recommendation. Pearls end up feeling shorter than pendants on thin chains because they fall in a rounded curve rather than a V.

broundiamond09

Rough_Rock
I wish there was some place where I could try on different strands! Does the size of a person''s frame/height/weight make a difference in determining how length of the strand will fall? If anyone can direct me to pictures or more info, that would be greatly appreciated!

Also, this is my first strand. There is still time to change the size of the pearls as well. What is a good size for someone in her early 30s?

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
You should call PP and discuss all this with Jeremy. He''ll be able to help you.

broundiamond09

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the recommendation! I spoke to Scott and he said to get 16" when I said I wanted to wear it on my wedding day and when I told him I''m 5''5" with a small/med frame. He didnt tell me I could get 17" though...

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Hey broun,

Here''s a quick pic of me comparing my pearls and my mom''s (so please excuse the t-shirt). I''m 5''6" with a small frame. Neither of these strands are freshadamas, in fact I have no idea what my mom''s are. If I had to guess, I would say the top one is my 16" and the pearls couldn''t be more than 6 mm. The bottom one is my mom''s and it''s more of a 17" and around 7 mm pearls.

7.5-8 mm pearls sounds like a great first strand for your wedding day. I think 17" is a great versatile length and I wouldn''t worry about it feeling too long. Scott might not have mentioned 17" b/c it''s not one of their automatic lengths, but I think it''d be very easy for them to accommodate that.

Can you go to a store and try on different sizes and lengths before you order to see what you like?

meandmoms.jpg

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Wow sorry, that''s scary big. I''ll try to resize that.

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Here you go.

l_5bff449a869144528c4423ba5a832b98.jpg

broundiamond09

Rough_Rock
Wow those are gorgeous pearls! Thank you so much for posting this. I think I like the 16" length but I wonder if the bigger pearls would make that necklace look shorter. Thankfully, PP has a good return policy. I''ll be sure to post pictures when I receive it! Thanks again to everyone who responded. I''d love to see more 16" v. 17" v. 18" lengths if they''re available!

Christiana

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/21/2009 2:17:05 PM
Author: broundiamond09
Wow those are gorgeous pearls! Thank you so much for posting this. I think I like the 16'' length but I wonder if the bigger pearls would make that necklace look shorter. Thankfully, PP has a good return policy. I''ll be sure to post pictures when I receive it! Thanks again to everyone who responded. I''d love to see more 16'' v. 17'' v. 18'' lengths if they''re available!

I like the 16'''' length, too. I think you should go for it. Besides 7.5-8mm pearls aren''t and don''t look big either
2.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
You can request for the 17 inch. I too would recommend 17 inches as I feel that 17 inches in pearls wear like 16 inches in a regular chain necklace.

I'm the same height as you and all my pearl necklaces range from 17 to 19 inches. You can see them in my various threads posted all over the place.
9.gif

ETA: My PP metallic necklace is 17 inches.

broundiamond09

Rough_Rock
Hi Dia,

Loooove all your pearls. They have already shipped the 16" so I''ll let everyone know how it lies when I get it for Christmas! Thank you all for the suggestion for 17". I have a feeling I''ll be returning the 16" and ordering a 17". What size earrings would you recommend to compliment the 7.5-8mm strand? I have "big ears" so I''m thinking of going up in size on the earrings.

Thanks!!!
36.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 1:15:22 PM
Author: broundiamond09
Hi Dia,

Loooove all your pearls. They have already shipped the 16'' so I''ll let everyone know how it lies when I get it for Christmas! Thank you all for the suggestion for 17''. I have a feeling I''ll be returning the 16'' and ordering a 17''. What size earrings would you recommend to compliment the 7.5-8mm strand? I have ''big ears'' so I''m thinking of going up in size on the earrings.

Thanks!!!
36.gif

Hi broundiamond, my PP metallic earrings are 9-9.5mm and they are a great size for me since I have big lobes too. Big lobes are expensive to adorn.
3.gif

My SS/tahitian pearls tend to be around 11.5 or 12 mm.

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
I just got my sister the 18 inch freshadama necklace for Christmas in the 7.5-8 mm size. For me I thought it looked great on her, not to small or too big. She''s a little younger than you, but I''m your age and it looked great on me too, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results