• 1. French Cut Antique

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • 2. Square Cut New/reproduction

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want a Sapphire stacker to wear with my wedding bands and I have found two I like. Struggling to understand the benefit of which would be the best. $400 price gap. Both rings are Platinum both size 6.25. I know hard without pictures but from the information below.. Your gut.

1. Antique 1.50 cts French cut channel set medium blue Ceylon sapphires. Milgrain edges no engraving on the sides. No chips very good shape.

2. New approx 1.80 Square cut sapphires medium blue. Channel set with Milgrain edging and engraved sides.

Which would you choose?

Number one is more expensive.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do have a couple picture.. But traveling and can't post from my iPad... I will by tomorrow....

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Without pics, I picked French cut because it should sparkle a little bit more.

I'd choose, however, based on the color of the sapphires, and how well it matches the height of your other rings.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I agree with pregcurious, without pictures to see the exact band and color of the sapphires it is hard to pick. However, I am kind of having a love affair with French cuts, so I would definitely be leaning towards that choice. Plus, as pregcurious mentioned, the french cut sapphires will most likely sparkle more because they will not have such a large, flat table.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK.. let's see if this works.... it's the French cut... .. the other one I can't get to work. .. Will get DH's help. I'm iPad challenged!

_154.jpg

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
French cut! I vote #1. Of course my choice usually ends up being the more pricey one....

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Before I looked at the photo, I went with #1- sorry its the pricier one! - but I like the no engraving, esp if you will be wearing with another band -it could just eventually 'rub off' over time thru wearing it. I like the french cut idea - more facets to reflect light.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
The band is gorgeous, definitely choosing #1!!!!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!,, enerchi...I'm just trying o catch up with you! :bigsmile:

My gut said French cuts.... But I didn't feel like I knew enough. I bought the French cuts and have a return period.... So I will see it live soon.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yippee!! I'm glad you got that one (but we didn't see the other to compare...) but I think you'll love the french cut more - classier! (IMO)

When do you get your ring - and more importantly - when do we get the hand shots?!?!?!

( :lol: :lol: :lol: Catch up, eh? are we gonna play that game??? :wink2: I think I'd loose compared to some of the lovely ladies (and gents!) on PS - I just happened to have picked up a lot all at once! :naughty: )

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1341757826|3230478 said:
Yippee!! I'm glad you got that one (but we didn't see the other to compare...) but I think you'll love the french cut more - classier! (IMO)

When do you get your ring - and more importantly - when do we get the hand shots?!?!?!

( :lol: :lol: :lol: Catch up, eh? are we gonna play that game??? :wink2: I think I'd loose compared to some of the lovely ladies (and gents!) on PS - I just happened to have picked up a lot all at once! :naughty: )

Enerchi.. so we just got home from Boston this is where I got in trouble going through the Antique Jewelry stores... but bought the french cut off ebay after DH decided he liked the look and thought I should have one (his budget.. not mine.. :Up_to_something: ) so when trying to compare shop versus on line to ebay.. I couldn't beat the offer I made.. so it comes on Wednesday.. As for the other pictures... I didn't take my camera the first day we were shopping but the second day we did because we shopped after sightseeing. So, as soon as I can get the pictures downloaded I have a few of different bands I tried on (until my knuckles were swollen from putting on and taking off) and a beautiful Aqua DH loved but was WAY too much money. I don't know anything about them but there seems to be a HUGE difference in pricing. Heated, non-heated, saturation.. it's harder than diamonds I think! :errrr:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How this got started.... a trip to Boston part one of two..

img_1849.jpg

img_1850.jpg

img_1851.jpg

img_1854.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
part two...try and ignore the red knuckles from trying on band after band...after ring, after ring... oh the torture we will take to try on bling..

img_1856.jpg

img_1857.jpg

img_1855.jpg

img_1858.jpg

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Gorgeous rings and bands, I especially love the ruby and sapphire french cut bands. One day-if I am lucky-I will own a French cut ruby band like the one you tried on. :love:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
YUMMY! What a fun day! I love the square cut rubies as well!! and that Aquamarine --- yummy!! :lickout:

oh - and how was the baseball game/bribe? :naughty:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1341785982|3230711 said:
YUMMY! What a fun day! I love the square cut rubies as well!! and that Aquamarine --- yummy!! :lickout:

oh - and how was the baseball game/bribe? :naughty:

For a Baseball Lover's night.. it was exhilarating to be in Fenway Park... then when Navy Seal Team 6 "The Leap Frogs" parachuted in with the U.S. flag it raised the emotion a few levels... It was a great game.. about six pitchers for each side, sadly ;( those Yankees won...I think the score was 10 - 8 when it was over and there were a lot of players left on base.. so we saw a ton of hitting... we were pulling for the home team since we were being Bostonians for a few days... but I love Arod & Jeter... who wouldn't?

I love the rubies too.. it was not an easy choice!!!

angietime

Rough_Rock
I made this ring for my best friend's second stack ring. She bought one from downtown before, but I had to supply the sapphires and diamonds for us to have the ring made again in Palladium.

Here it is

weddingzband.jpg weddingbluesapph4.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
angietime|1341815428|3230900 said:
I made this ring for my best friend's second stack ring. She bought one from downtown before, but I had to supply the sapphires and diamonds for us to have the ring made again in Palladium.

Here it is

weddingzband.jpg weddingbluesapph4.jpg

LOVE THAT :love: ... it would be a very nice additioin to the solid with my current bands... But hey... what's one more thing on the Jewelry Bucket list!!!!

angietime

Rough_Rock
I want one for myself in rose gold with rubies and diamonds, but that has to be put on the back burner for now. Everybody gave such good feedback on her ring, my bestie was thrilled with how they made her grandmother's band look as a center stackable. Much more affordable look than starting from scratch with traditional erings and wedding bands.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot decide at all - at this point, with the stones being that small and the sapphires sort of leaning towards medium dark to dark, can you really tell the difference in cut at a glance?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:wavey: Mayk!!! any photos you can share with us yet? Did the ring arrive? It looks beautiful - as did ALL of the rings you tried on! It would be hard to decide between ruby or sapphire... ah, the dilemma's of the rich and famous! ;)) :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results