shape
carat
color
clarity

FREAK OUT

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
He bought a ring. He bought it, he bought it, he bought it. He did. Like, DEF did.

But I don''t know what it is. And I won''t find out. And he doesn''t even KNOW that I KNOW he bought one.

And this is almost WORSE than not knowing if there was an actual ring purchase, because I want to cry and hug him and kiss him- but alas, he hasn''t quite asked me to be partners for life. Not just yet, anyway. And I''m super nervous/elated/everything, and am afraid I''m giving away the fact that I''m on to him.

...But... here''s the FREAK OUT part. I''m panicked about the ring thing. My mom asked today, "Have you ever tried on the EXACT ring you wanted?" And I said, "Not the EXACT one...something similar..." and she said "Then how do you know that''s EXACTLY what you want?" ...and I guess, well, I don''t. Has anyone had these diamond doubts?

And he just invested a whole lotta $ in a piece of jewelry I''m going to wear for the rest of my life. Oh gosh. I hope I l-o-v-e it.

And unless I REALLY piss him off in the next couple of weeks, I''ll be engaged to be MARRIED to my best friend
6.gif
1.gif
3.gif

Moral of story: Being a snoop is like smoking crack- you can''t do it just once... So don''t do it AT ALL. (....but i''m still on cloud 9 :) )

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2008 11:07:41 PM
Author:PilsnPinkysMom
He bought a ring. He bought it, he bought it, he bought it. He did. Like, DEF did.

But I don''t know what it is. And I won''t find out. And he doesn''t even KNOW that I KNOW he bought one.

...But... here''s the FREAK OUT part. I''m panicked about the ring thing. My mom asked today, ''Have you ever tried on the EXACT ring you wanted?'' And I said, ''Not the EXACT one...something similar...'' and she said ''Then how do you know that''s EXACTLY what you want?'' ...and I guess, well, I don''t. Has anyone had these diamond doubts?

And he just invested a whole lotta $ in a piece of jewelry I''m going to wear for the rest of my life. Oh gosh. I hope I l-o-v-e it.
I''m so excited for you--you''re going to be ENGAGED soon! Hooray!
36.gif

To answer the bolded question from your post, I absolutely had major diamond doubts, especially because FI didn''t let me participate in choosing my ring. Check out this one right after he proposed (look particularly at my second post in the thread). Maybe you''ll find it relevant! All in all, things turned out wonderfully for me despite the doubts.

jennilynn

Rough_Rock
I was in your same predicament, PilsnPinkysmom, not even two months ago. My BF had bought a ring without my knowing. When his mother found it hiding in his truck one afternoon she immediately told me about it in detail. Though I had never seen it, her description had me instantly disliking it. Nothing about it fit my personality.

He always told me that he was totally in favor of women picking out their own engagement ring, especially since we are the ones who have to love it and wear it all our lives, so this sudden turn of events had left me panicked. I became so distraught over this ring that I had never seen. Was I supposed to pretend to like the ring? Would I be able to tell him that I wanted to replace it after he had pledged himself to me with it?

I love my BF completely, but it wasn''t fair that this otherwise unimportant ring was overshadowing my joy and excitement. I approached him about it. To my relief, he was happy that I came to him before he had proposed and the next week we went shopping for my dream ring! He bought a darling solitaire, but insisted that he keep it from me (read: hold it hostage) until the time is right. He still wants to surprise me with a traditional proposal. Waiting for "that special moment" has become even more special because we were able to design my ring together. So now I play the waiting game.
2.gif

If you''re really that super nervous about liking or disliking the ring, I would strongly suggest admitting it to him before he proposes. But if you feel that you can grow to love whatever he choses, then keep positive and enjoy this exciting time! Cherish your time with him and your short stay here at LIW! Good luck!
1.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
ahahahahahahahahahaha the crack comment

and congrats
2.gif

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
oh my god!! this is huge!! i can''t believe you''re keeping it to yourself, you''re a CHAMP!! i wouldn''t be able to hide it, it''s too big!!

well, you don''t have long now!! better get that manicure while there''s still time!!
28.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful news!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I''d strongly suggest that you keep it to yourself.

Why do you girls insist on snooping? Seriously. It''s such a violation of trust
33.gif

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
oh i am soooo excited for you. how can you contain yourself? you better hope that you dont let it slip!! would he be mad if he knew?

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
It's exciting... and now just a waiting game. I have no problems zipping my lips- I'm just going to enjoy the time before it happens, whenever that may be!

Thanks for the comforting ring stories: Both honesty and 'time' seem to work. Being that I don't know what the ring looks like, I won't know what to do until I see it... But I guess I'm no longer concerned. I think it was initial nerves and jitters- it's a major financial undertaking, and I'd feel awful if there was one little thing I disliked about it. But I trust FF to the utmost, and he knows me to a T, so I'm certain he has "done good." He wouldn't be mad if he knew I figured it all out-- I've guessed nearly every present/surprise he's given me over the years, and not intentionally. I'm pretty perceptive and always questioning: he's used to it. BUT- it may take the wind out of his sails, because I think he thinks he finally 'duped' me.

Purrfectpear: I guess it wasn't the nicest thing to do, figuring out he bought a ring, but I don't quite consider it a violation of trust... At no point did I rifle through FF's things or go behind his back. It's hard to 'hide' something in a 1 bedroom apartment, ie: water bottle from the jeweler, open billing statement, and receipt. It for-sure wasn't his intention for me to learn what was going on, he's denied everything, but he left hard evidence in the wide, wide open (read: kitchen counter, front seat of car). On the other hand, I could have turned a blind eye... But what's done is done, I guess? Perhaps "Snoop" wasn't the best verb to use in my prior post.

I FOR SURE haven't gone around looking for a ring, and to be honest, have NO clue if its even done/in the house/etc.

I also am clueless as to when a proposal may happen- its tough to say, not knowing if the ring is done & all. Perhaps over the holidays? That's all I can figure! Eeek! :)

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
You''re right, doesn''t sound like you snooped
21.gif

Does sound like he''s an absent minded nerd, but at least he''s a ring buyin'' nerd
9.gif

Have you guys ever looked at rings? Do you have any clue what shape he bought? I can see why you''re excited (no peeking though)
25.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2008 8:20:38 PM
Author: purrfectpear

33.gif
Who said anything about snooping? No-where did the OP talk about snooping?!

How do you know that the OP''s FF didnt'' leave a receipt out in the table or something equally obvious that is just impossible to miss! I don''t know how you decided she was snooping here?

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
congrats PPM! Dont stress too much about the ring, I''m sure you''ll l-o-v-e it
1.gif
Enjoy the couple weeks of engagement excitement before you become a fiance!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2008 5:32:06 PM
Author: honey22

Date: 10/16/2008 8:20:38 PM
Author: purrfectpear

33.gif
Who said anything about snooping? No-where did the OP talk about snooping?!

How do you know that the OP''s FF didnt'' leave a receipt out in the table or something equally obvious that is just impossible to miss! I don''t know how you decided she was snooping here?
OP''s original post said she snooped. She has since clarified that she used the wrong word.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results