shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My current scent of the day is Eau de Wet Puppy... :lol: with a smear of coconut oil. Gigi needed a bath bad!! I didn't want to give her one until now, but yeah girl needed it. (she's not terribly smelly, in general greys don't have a doggy smell, but she is a very flaky girl and her dander is causing some issues for me)

The bath part was fine, but the dog rubbed all over me :shock: all over her bed, the floor, the wall, her sister(lol)

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My current scent of the day is Eau de Wet Puppy... :lol: with a smear of coconut oil. Gigi needed a bath bad!! I didn't want to give her one until now, but yeah girl needed it. (she's not terribly smelly, in general greys don't have a doggy smell, but she is a very flaky girl and her dander is causing some issues for me)

The bath part was fine, but the dog rubbed all over me :shock: all over her bed, the floor, the wall, her sister(lol)

Mmmhhh for the first I'm truly envious !!? Your perfume collection is absolutely breathtaking, but that's got to be the be all end all HG!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mmmhhh for the first I'm truly envious !!? Your perfume collection is absolutely breathtaking, but that's got to be the be all end all HG!!

:lol: its way better than eau de poop! The person that told me that "having 2 dogs isn't that much more work than one" flat out lied!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning! SOTD is Prada No 2. I recall when I first started looking for these mythical creatures, and how availability was the most interesting to say the least. Call one boutique, they had no clue wtf you were talking about, call another, they knew and could get them for you. it was sporadic! Over time I was able to get my hands on 3 (1, 2, and 4). I had 5 and did not really jibe with it. One which I can not get ANYwhere is No7, and I want that one so bad!!

No 2 eventually did become an infusion (as did No 1 and 4), which is where most will recognize this one. Anyway Oeillet , in the parfum format, the carnation floral aspect is stronger, its much more spicy, more fresh, more natural, I'm a huge fan of carnation so I love how spiced this one is compared to the infusion.

20210121_084005.jpg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I just ordered a bottle of Coco Chanel Mademoiselle online, if that counts. I haven't really liked the Chanel perfume testers at the stores that much so I guess it just sounded glam, which appealed to me because I've become a pandemic slob.

So, does anyone like it? :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just ordered a bottle of Coco Chanel Mademoiselle online, if that counts. I haven't really liked the Chanel perfume testers at the stores that much so I guess it just sounded glam, which appealed to me because I've become a pandemic slob.

I used to wear Coco when I was in college. That and masculine/men fragrances which were the rage back then for women to wear. I mixed it up. I don’t know if Coco would still appeal to me now though. Let us know what you think.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I don’t know if it’s just that my memory fails me or if the price went up drastically. My Vetiver Tonka by Hermes seems to be way more expensive that it was last year. Also more expensive than its fellow Hermessence fragrances. By an additional $200. Does anyone else share a similar experience? Is it the pandemic making the ingredients more expensive? Just in the vetiver tonka as compared to the rest of the Hermessence fragrances?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I don’t know if it’s just that my memory fails me or if the price went up drastically. My Vetiver Tonka by Hermes seems to be way more expensive that it was last year. Also more expensive than its fellow Hermessence fragrances. By an additional $200. Does anyone else share a similar experience? Is it the pandemic making the ingredients more expensive? Just in the vetiver tonka as compared to the rest of the Hermessence fragrances?

What!!???? Off to check

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What!!???? Off to check

Yesterday the price was $472 for Vetiver Tonka and the other Hermessence fragrances were $272. Same size. Now, I checked again, it looks like it’s back to $272 for all. Am I going crazy? Lol don’t answer that. :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy here it's 100ml. For 220€ , like before.

Relief. I’m ordering before it changes again. I swear yesterday it was much more. Weird. I checked various websites too. I have only a quarter of my bottle left. Must get now. ❤️ :bigsmile:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday the price was $472 for Vetiver Tonka and the other Hermessence fragrances were $272. Same size. Now, I checked again, it looks like it’s back to $272 for all. Am I going crazy? Lol don’t answer that. :lol:

Maybe they updated the site or they were out of stock for the 100ml

The 200 ml is 340€

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe go for the 200ml? Better price per ml, just sayin :D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe go for the 200ml? Better price per ml, just sayin :D

Haha I always do :)
I love big because then I can spray with abandon. I don’t just spray myself. I spray the room too. I adore this fragrance.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha I always do :)
I love big because then I can spray with abandon. I don’t just spray myself. I spray the room too. I adore this fragrance.

Yess!!! 100% with you on that

Bunnie

Rough_Rock

Me! *raises hand*

It’s been my go-to perfume since college, when Mr. Snail got me a small bottle as a Valentine’s Day gift. It’s fresh and girly without being cloying. I’m pretty young, still in my 20s, I’ll probably phase it out for more mature fragrances when I’m a little older...

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me! *raises hand*

It’s been my go-to perfume since college, when Mr. Snail got me a small bottle as a Valentine’s Day gift. It’s fresh and girly without being cloying. I’m pretty young, still in my 20s, I’ll probably phase it out for more mature fragrances when I’m a little older...

heh...I'm older and still wear it....lol picked up my bottle in 2009. stuff is so damn strong one squirt will do, can smell it through the next day and after a shower on skin. :lol: Love the smell tho...:love:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is a Caron Narcisse Noir from a bottle nearly as old as I am. Sold to me as a bottle from about the late 60's early 70's, this one has notes that my much current bottle does not, that musk component...wow... mind blowing. Its retained its amazing florals; Orange flower, and jasmine, with a creamy sandalwood, musk in the base.

Pretty sure around the time frame of this some were perfumers were experimenting with nitro musks and some were still using the real thing. (I have the much earlier parfum...tiny little bottle, musks are likely real in that)

For a perfume made in 1911, this one is really quite current smelling. Soft floral, but very persistent, I don't get as much rose in this version as I do the parfum. However, one has to wait for any Caron to do its magic though, it goes through several layers of dry downs, this no exception to that rule. Each hour of dry down reveals yet another captivating and beautiful layer, with narcissus always playing a main role. And, for an EDT this one is very long lived.

They don't make them like this anymore, such is the sad part of life!
Caron Narcisse Noir Splash Bottle

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is a Caron Narcisse Noir from a bottle nearly as old as I am. Sold to me as a bottle from about the late 60's early 70's, this one has notes that my much current bottle does not, that musk component...wow... mind blowing. Its retained its amazing florals; Orange flower, and jasmine, with a creamy sandalwood, musk in the base.

Pretty sure around the time frame of this some were perfumers were experimenting with nitro musks and some were still using the real thing. (I have the much earlier parfum...tiny little bottle, musks are likely real in that)

For a perfume made in 1911, this one is really quite current smelling. Soft floral, but very persistent, I don't get as much rose in this version as I do the parfum. However, one has to wait for any Caron to do its magic though, it goes through several layers of dry downs, this no exception to that rule. Each hour of dry down reveals yet another captivating and beautiful layer, with narcissus always playing a main role. And, for an EDT this one is very long lived.

They don't make them like this anymore, such is the sad part of life!
Caron Narcisse Noir Splash Bottle

What a gem! Thanks for sharing!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jolie Madame. I blew through a larger parfum like it was water. That was some years ago. Now, I watch it. the smaller parfum I believe dates to the 1960's. The larger EDT dates to 1978 or so the person I got it from says (it was a Christmas gift to her mother) anyway garage sale find at 5 dollars, so not complaining!

This would sit on the male side of the perfume aisle today. joliemadam1-26-2121.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is Lolita Lempicka Lolita. 2nd bottle of the large one, the small is parfum (it smells amazing)

Will miss these when they're gone!!! :(
20210127_110717[1].jpg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I am not super knowledgeable about perfume but I just got a Jo Malone sample pack of little spray vials because I've heard a lot about them lately: Nectarine Blossom and Honey, Wild Bluebell, Wood Sage and Sea Salt, English Pear and Freesia, Peony and Blush Suede.

I kinda like all of them but probably won't buy any more since it looks like they only come in cologne. To me, the scents are too light/don't last and the full size bottles seem too pricey for cologne anyway.

Last edited:

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
I am not super knowledgeable about perfume but I just got a Jo Malone sample pack of little spray vials because I've heard a lot about them lately: Nectarine Blossom and Honey, Wild Bluebell, Wood Sage and Sea Salt, English Pear and Freesia, Peony and Blush Suede.

I kinda like all of them but probably won't buy any more since it looks like they only come in cologne. To me, the scents are too light/don't last and the full size bottles seem too pricey for cologne anyway.

I love peony and blush suede, I like it enough to get a full bottle.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
My Coco Chanel Mademoiselle came in the mail today. I think it smells like the mall.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results