shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its my birthday month and our anniversary is tomorrow. I didn't ask for anything (well I asked for inner peace ) Because inner peace is hard to come by these days, my husband bought me a giant bottle of Chanel Sycamore.

20201205_122157.jpg

So, I'll have to exchange it for something else because... I already have a bottle:lol:. He called himself looking really well through the closet but no, not good enough! am trying to decide what to get. I like the sound of the new one but not knowing what it smells like, I'll have to wait on that. I just drained Bois des iles so may go for a big bottle of that. Or heck maybe Misia.... pulling my thoughts together on that one.

The good is that the boutique is not allowing too many people at a time in and, they make you have a mask on and the guard at the door squirts your hands. Its better than nothing.

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Its my birthday month and our anniversary is tomorrow. I didn't ask for anything (well I asked for inner peace ) Because inner peace is hard to come by these days, my husband bought me a giant bottle of Chanel Sycamore.

20201205_122157.jpg

So, I'll have to exchange it for something else because... I already have a bottle:lol:. He called himself looking really well through the closet but no, not good enough! am trying to decide what to get. I like the sound of the new one but not knowing what it smells like, I'll have to wait on that. I just drained Bois des iles so may go for a big bottle of that. Or heck maybe Misia.... pulling my thoughts together on that one.

The good is that the boutique is not allowing too many people at a time in and, they make you have a mask on and the guard at the door squirts your hands. Its better than nothing.

I have a giant bottle of Chanel Misia. I love it so. That may be today's scent!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a giant bottle of Chanel Misia. I love it so. That may be today's scent!

I did exchange for Le Lion instead. Almost went with Misia but I do have many reminiscent of it with the violet /lichi notes. I'm so disgustingly hard to purchase for...lol.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @Arcadian , and when you've got a spare minute, what are your thoughts on Le Lion? I'm going into town to pick you my birthday present (no cheating, I cannot open the box!!) and I'll be passing by rue Cambon.

Trying to evaluate if it's worth the risk of a stop in COVID times :think:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @Arcadian , and when you've got a spare minute, what are your thoughts on Le Lion? I'm going into town to pick you my birthday present (no cheating, I cannot open the box!!) and I'll be passing by rue Cambon.

Trying to evaluate if it's worth the risk of a stop in COVID times :think:

If you have Shalimar it will not be worth it Its gorgeous, I won't lie but its also the dry down of Shalimar.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
@Arcadian you can enable me all you want. Black Orchid EDP on perfume emporium is the same price as fragrancenet, so all good there. I'm going to hold off buying a full size until after Christmas...I've dropped a few hints here and there, haha. Glad to have another site recommendation, thank you!

...in fact I ordered two 100ml bottles BO edp....and week after 100ml BO parfum. I’m totally hooked...

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you have Shalimar it will not be worth it Its gorgeous, I won't lie but its also the dry down of Shalimar.

Thank you Arcadian! I'll see if I can sneak in. My mom's signature fragrance was Shalimar perfume for a long time. Numerous people bought it because it smelled so good. They were all disappointed because it didn't smell as good on them.

Nowadays she likes to switch it up more, but something in the vein of Shalimar makes for a good Christmas present for her...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wearing Andrea Maack Smart. It's a warm, comforting and delicious but subtle perfume. It's clean and fresh too. It's the perfect combo. An oldie but a goody.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Arcadian! I'll see if I can sneak in. My mom's signature fragrance was Shalimar perfume for a long time. Numerous people bought it because it smelled so good. They were all disappointed because it didn't smell as good on them.

Nowadays she likes to switch it up more, but something in the vein of Shalimar makes for a good Christmas present for her...

Boutiques here are not crowded and the guard is at the door so anyone coming in has to wear a mask and here, employees were also wearing them. It should hopefully be OK.

The only thing I've noticed is that unlike shalimar (depending on vintage can last for days) it lasts about 6 hours on skin. Lasts lots longer on clothing of course!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Basier de Russie. Lets just say its cool down here...lol (its 70F so thats cool!) but its also very rainy. I do really love this scent!!

I'm expecting one more perfume for the year and that will be it. :shock: :lol: will post it when it gets here (it was very unexpected!! and a gift to me from one of my very good friend!)

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boutiques here are not crowded and the guard is at the door so anyone coming in has to wear a mask and here, employees were also wearing them. It should hopefully be OK.

The only thing I've noticed is that unlike shalimar (depending on vintage can last for days) it lasts about 6 hours on skin. Lasts lots longer on clothing of course!

Unfortunately I didn't have enough time in the city centre..... Parking is a nightmare every time...

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately I didn't have enough time in the city centre..... Parking is a nightmare every time...

can you order online maybe? Here they have shipping for it on Dec 10.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
My Tom Ford saga continues. I found Orchid Soleil, which I have been after. Propably I’ll find it under our Christmas tree:loopy:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@aecadian I wouldn't buy unsniffed attention that proice point..I think I might rather buy her the new shalimar flanker - Philtre d'Amour.

Sotd : Hermessence Myrrhe Églantine

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
portrayal1.jpg

this morning I put on Amouage Portrayal (got it over the weekend, its such a cool bottle!!)

This is a really beautiful jasmine bomb in the nicest of ways (not overbearing, pinch of vanilla and tobacco) and totally at odds with my work uniform (t-shirt, yoga pants, flip flops) so yeah I'm a wee bit under dressed;-) Adding socks might help. :lol:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also for those who might be looking perfume emporium is having 25% off sale. (coupon CYBER25) They have a few tester bottles of Molinard Vanille Marine....so tempted, I love that scent and my bottle is nearly gone.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing SJP Covet.
Unlike a lot of celeb scents, this is...different! Florals, yes, chocolate yes, but not floofy or brainless, not going to give you diabetes either!

If stuck behind a niche brand it would sell for a ton of money. Highly niche with the contradictions of smells, Citrus, bitter dark chocolate, greens (I expect this to be the LotV), the wood notes the lavender, and the fluffy cashmere woods. I only get amber anything WAY into the drydown, and its got such a great drydown path lasting the entire day.

Def. not everybody's scent!

My bottle was cheap, purchased for about 14 bucks at TJMaxx. And there's 2 versions, the Coty version, and the re-released SJP version (under her own brand and this is the one you'll see out there in stores)

The Coty version is has deeper chocolate notes, and more lavender. Under SJP, I pick up much more of the cashmere woods right off the bat (I don't mind it frankly) and less lavender.

I will admit I love the bottle. I wish the top was actually glass or crystal though.

BTW does anyone care if I post a pic of my SOTD if its a full bottle? I won't post samples that might be too much....lol

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing SJP Covet.
Unlike a lot of celeb scents, this is...different! Florals, yes, chocolate yes, but not floofy or brainless, not going to give you diabetes either!

If stuck behind a niche brand it would sell for a ton of money. Highly niche with the contradictions of smells, Citrus, bitter dark chocolate, greens (I expect this to be the LotV), the wood notes the lavender, and the fluffy cashmere woods. I only get amber anything WAY into the drydown, and its got such a great drydown path lasting the entire day.

Def. not everybody's scent!

My bottle was cheap, purchased for about 14 bucks at TJMaxx. And there's 2 versions, the Coty version, and the re-released SJP version (under her own brand and this is the one you'll see out there in stores)

The Coty version is has deeper chocolate notes, and more lavender. Under SJP, I pick up much more of the cashmere woods right off the bat (I don't mind it frankly) and less lavender.

I will admit I love the bottle. I wish the top was actually glass or crystal though.

BTW does anyone care if I post a pic of my SOTD if its a full bottle? I won't post samples that might be too much....lol
I love Love LOVE bottle pics !

And I'm 100% with you re everything you said about covet...

Have a great day in Covet...

I am mourning my broken bottle if Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile edp...

It was in a bag and DH dropped it
Bag smells heavenly...

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Love LOVE bottle pics !

And I'm 100% with you re everything you said about covet...

Have a great day in Covet...

I am mourning my broken bottle if Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile edp...

It was in a bag and DH dropped it
Bag smells heavenly...

Oh my, that poor bag!

I am scentless this morning. A very good friend texted me last night which said "expect something in the mail" lol Maybe this is a clue I should just NEVER buy anything else and let them gift it to me...

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
Today: Noir Exquis by L’Artisan Parfumeur. One of my go to scents for cold weather.

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
Today: Serge Lutens Chergui then later in the afternoon Annick Goutal’s Vanille Exquis. The Vanille Exquis was arrived today and was bought unsniffed—and fortunately I love it!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fragrance of the day
Guerlain Neroli Outrenoir

I forget how good this one smells this time of year. My goodness its ridiculously juicy with ALLL THE JASMINE!! I never get florals in summer from this fragrance.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Tom Ford. Oud Wood.

In my lounge wear, making Christmas dinner, drinking champagne. Maybe not exactly what TF had in mind with this scent.......LOL

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FOTD is Histoires de Parfums Tuberueuse 2 (virginale) I need to wear this more. I get more Tiare than I do cherry, but I do get cherry up front. Cherry can be so artificial so thankfully its tolerable here.

20201230_122831[1].jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Illuminum London tribal black tea.
Was *thisclose* to purchasing Neroli Outrenoir yesterday - again. As usual re-wore the tribal black tea and decided I definitely don't need both.

Angelique Noire is still in the cards, though

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results