shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
L'Ombre Dans L'Eau this evening, but I came terribly close a few minutes ago to wearing eau de skunk.

I had to go outside to get something, and was about to open the screen door without first turning on the outside light (the motion sensor would make it turn on anyway once I started down the steps) but *something* made me stop to turn the light on from indoors.

I'm very glad I had that impulse to turn on the light! There was a skunk immediately outside the door. I would have whacked it with the screen door.
And a second skunk a few feet away. :-o

This would have been a very different kind of evening....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
L'Ombre Dans L'Eau this evening, but I came terribly close a few minutes ago to wearing eau de skunk.

I had to go outside to get something, and was about to open the screen door without first turning on the outside light (the motion sensor would make it turn on anyway once I started down the steps) but *something* made me stop to turn the light on from indoors.

I'm very glad I had that impulse to turn on the light! There was a skunk immediately outside the door. I would have whacked it with the screen door.
And a second skunk a few feet away. :-o

This would have been a very different kind of evening....

LOLS. Skunk-smell-o-rama!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@pearlsngems :shock: :lol: oh my, I'm thankful you also turned on the light...lol that could have been really bad I just had flashback smells reading your post.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I might have had to sleep in the shed!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is Molinard Vanille Marine. they should have never ever discontinued this one!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is Molinard Vanille Marine. they should have never ever discontinued this one!

OMG!!!! I was just about to come here and share what I was wearing the past few days. Which is that!!!! Molinard Vanille!!! Oh wait lol. The one I am wearing is just Molinard Vanille. Not Marine. But this one is discontinued too. :(

It smells so lovely. Innocent and pure yet warm and embracing. IDK it's really a delicious comforting easy scent. No edge. Sometimes I like edge but this one is perfect as is.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just took a photo of my Molinard Vanille. It's early here. Sun has not yet risen.

molinardvanille.jpeg

I'm savoring my last bottle. It really is an amazing fragrance and I am sad they have discontinued it.

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
Acqua di Parma Ginepro di Sardegna. Something about it is almost aroma therapy-like to me and I find it very soothing.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pulled out the bottle of Perry Ellis Black Vanilla Absolute. OMG. seriously so good! I was ever so glad I picked up a bottle when it was cheap!!

Really does smell very close to Guerlains Double Vanilla, though PE does use a very noticeably lesser quality vanilla base still, for what you get its really good. Sometimes you just want that cheap thrill..which is fine on a day like today.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But sticking with my 3 Chanel’s...Allure, Gabrielle, and Coco. They never let me down, whatever my mood.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
But sticking with my 3 Chanel’s...Allure, Gabrielle, and Coco. They never let me down, whatever my mood.

So glad to see you back here @ZestfullyBling! Hope all is well with you and your loved ones.

I used to adore Coco Chanel and wore it often. That was decades ago but I remember the perfume fondly. You cannot go wrong with Chanel.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad to see you back here @ZestfullyBling! Hope all is well with you and your loved ones.

I used to adore Coco Chanel and wore it often. That was decades ago but I remember the perfume fondly. You cannot go wrong with Chanel.

I have so many Skin allergies I have to stick with the classics...a tad boring but get compliments on my scents all the time

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20200915_100215.jpg

To invite some of y'all into the crazy; The Amouage Family in no particular order. :lol: I'm wearing none of these today!!

What I AM wearing is a decant of Portrayal Woman, which has a huge possibility of making its way into my closet.... Not sure why I'm being such a sucker for vanilla but I do love the treatment in this one.

I'm currently waiting on decant of Overture Woman though reviews have it on par with Kilians Apple Brandy. I'm not the biggest apple fan in perfumes so we'll see how it plays out!

I'm also super eager to try out the renaissance collection! (maybe I won't like any...I don't need to spend the money...lol)

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20200915_100215.jpg

To invite some of y'all into the crazy; The Amouage Family in no particular order. :lol: I'm wearing none of these today!!

What I AM wearing is a decant of Portrayal Woman, which has a huge possibility of making its way into my closet.... Not sure why I'm being such a sucker for vanilla but I do love the treatment in this one.

I'm currently waiting on decant of Overture Woman though reviews have it on par with Kilians Apple Brandy. I'm not the biggest apple fan in perfumes so we'll see how it plays out!

I'm also super eager to try out the renaissance collection! (maybe I won't like any...I don't need to spend the money...lol)

:kiss2:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is Dame Perfumery Black Flower Mexican Vanilla.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I'm cheating. I love rose fragrances so I couldn't resist this! It is a wonderful product! Smells heavenly!

cheers--Sharon

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gris Dior. Perfect für this time of the Year.

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I am a perfume junkie =)2 I have to be in the mood to wear each fragrance & some days I don't wear any.Today I'm wearing the fabulous Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay.It is the most warm & sensual scent & I always get compliments from guys as well as girls every time I wear it.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After having been spoled with warm weather as late as Saturday, it's finally a more seasonable temperature.

Perfect weather for Jour de Fête... and a fleece sweater.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So... I'm not wearing a lick of perfume today because I wore my conditioner overnight which is perfectly fragrant enough today.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So... I'm not wearing a lick of perfume today because I wore my conditioner overnight which is perfectly fragrant enough today.

Which brand, if care to share?

I'm back to Vanilla flash by Tauerville.
So comforting. Exactly what I need right now

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aqua di Gioia. Light, fresh, great for warm weather but I wear it when I only want a little bit of fragrance. I need to replenish my usuals because they’re getting low and starting to turn. Hate that! I have a sample of Tom Ford something coming, can’t remember the name right now but I’m hoping I hate it because they are waaaay above my budget. :shock:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which brand, if care to share?

I'm back to Vanilla flash by Tauerville.
So comforting. Exactly what I need right now

Avanti Silicone Mix. I went back to using Dominican products after many years (why I strayed was stupid!!) I have a very tight curl pattern which keeps my hair so dry. But also in the lovely FL humidity it gets giant, which is a very odd combination....lol. It also helps my hair to hold onto that much needed moisture.

Also because its so heavy, really works best for those who either have a damaged hair for coloring or straightening, or, naturally curly 3c or better hair. Not the stuff of choice for someone with fine hair thats a looser curl pattern.

Its also pretty heavily perfumed (I love the smell though! its very rosy!) it won't be everyone's cuppa tea but after an over night condition like that, my hair is butter. The smell will stick around for a good 3 days.

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
20200915_100215.jpg

Drooling over your Amouage collection. (Makes me feel better about my obsession)

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Avanti Silicone Mix. I went back to using Dominican products after many years (why I strayed was stupid!!) I have a very tight curl pattern which keeps my hair so dry. But also in the lovely FL humidity it gets giant, which is a very odd combination....lol. It also helps my hair to hold onto that much needed moisture.

Also because its so heavy, really works best for those who either have a damaged hair for coloring or straightening, or, naturally curly 3c or better hair. Not the stuff of choice for someone with fine hair thats a looser curl pattern.

Its also pretty heavily perfumed (I love the smell though! its very rosy!) it won't be everyone's cuppa tea but after an over night condition like that, my hair is butter. The smell will stick around for a good 3 days.

Haha, my hair ist plentiful, but fine and stick straight and due to allergies I haven't coloured it ever.. So this sounds like the antithesis of what I need! Maybe I'd be better off with a rosy hair mist :lol:

Still bathing in Vanilla flash

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Put on some Chanel #5 lotion and both my DH and DS said "Wow" that smells nice! LOL

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got my bottle of AH (Anthony Hopkins) Last yesterday. I'm giving a full wear today (Oh man its beautiful but pretty spicy!!) I get a lot of jasmine before I get anything else, and it does stay that way for a while.

The spice apparently is ginger and pepper which are pretty intense. Might keep it from being a summer wearing perfume based on those.

in all really like it and its very well made (no idea who the perfumer is!) But its pretty darn floral and that jasmine is definitely a love for me.

The dry down is a spiced neroli which is not bad! I wish it wasn't as soapy but its only by a hair.

I do also love the mission of the perfume (No Kid Hungry!)
Unfortunately this line is only available in the states.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Mugler Alien Oud Majestueux. Great Alien flanker:lickout:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results