shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I of course love Calligraphy Rose. Today however I'm wearing Calligraphy Saffron. Quite herbal though beautifully so. A def must try!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Amouage Fate. Yummers.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is Haught Parfums Man! Darrin! All of their perfumes are extraits. Even so, sillage wise its a bit loud the first hour. But it does calm down! A beautiful but dark mandarin orange scent there's some musk and you do get some soil (they used a soil tincture).

They weren't kidding when they say you get the entire tree. You get everything... soil, leafs, branches, etc here. This is a hot weather buster for sure.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Woke up feeling not to great. I usually like to wear lighter and more delicate fragrances when I feel like crap. Jo Malone London, Wild Bluebell usually does the trick. So that is what I am wearing today.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hopefully you'll feel better soon! Today I'm wearing Chanel Beige. Its fast becoming a goto frag. I really like that its present but not really in your face.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I delved into the Prada exclusif line with No5. Narciso. and No 7 Violette Someone once said No5 is summer in a bottle and they were right. Its a beautiful perfume. The addition of 7 makes it truly amazing, make that a summer FIELD. They're the 2 not so well known of the exclusif line but they work so well together! :love: Maybe Prada should consider doing these as infusions.....

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Rosabotanica from Balenciaga. Wet soil in a botanical greenhouse. It's very sharp and flowery and green, with a pinch of pepper, and only sweetens in the last stages. I don't love it, but I do enjoy it in springtime on occasion.

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Arcadian|1487455283|4130587 said:
Today was the ultimate testing day at the gardens mall.

I started off @ Chanel

I did indeed pick up a bottle of Chanel Beige. I got samples of beige over the years and its been on my want list for a while. I always feel that beige is a very light fragrance in comparison to many in my wardrobe, and, now that I live in an area where having something light from about march to October is almost necessary, it was time. This is also my SOTD.

While at the boutique I got samples of Gardenia and Misia. I tried out Bois des Isles...again...lol but liked Beige way more. I also smelled 22 again. Its ok, it just smells like No5 to me, which reminds me of my Grandmother, which gives me the sads (its been nearly 20 years and I still miss her)

Next was Saks. They don't have a Dyptique counter *sad face* but they have a Kilians counter. Not that I needed anything. :lol: So I got some samples of Moonlight Heaven, VVaM, Love (which isn't a love...lol) and Straight to Heaven (already have but hey whatever). I likely will get moonlight heaven if it tests out ok because its really very pretty. Kilian Love is like a sugar bath for me. I wish I liked it more because there's some pretty interesting things going on in there.

I skipped Bond No 9 because for the most part, they are scrubbers on me. Whatever it is they use in their base, always smells like comet cleaner when I put it on, so I just avoid the entire line anymore. I have bought for the Mr. though :lol: they smell great on him.

The MFK counter is right next to it (same person) and resmelled Petit Matin and Grand Soir. Def. need to really retest it. GS is what I got the sample of as PM smelled too familiar (which usually means I may have something like it already). I also re-smelled APOM, which for the life of me, I hate it on my skin. Why do I love this in the bottle so much???

in Bloomies I got a sample of Cartier La Panthere. I couldn't let them spray anymore because my nose was pretty much gone at this point....lol but I will try the sample a bit later this next week.

Not sure if you guys would like to do a sample pass but I certainly would! I get so many that its a shame that they end up going bad or I pitch them because they don't get worn. Only problem is, I wouldn't know where to start. Maybe put something up on LT? thoughts anyone?

Lucky! Beige and Gardenia are on my wish list. I've been stuck on Eau Premiere and Egoiste for far too long.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alybetter|1488633530|4136375 said:
Rosabotanica from Balenciaga. Wet soil in a botanical greenhouse. It's very sharp and flowery and green, with a pinch of pepper, and only sweetens in the last stages. I don't love it, but I do enjoy it in springtime on occasion.

I used to have florabotanica before our relationship ended because of a rash :( loved that one. I don't dare try rosa considering they're of the same house but it sounds very nice.

IMO the exclusive chanels really aren't that much more expensive than their department store counterparts. (why they're more expensive on ebay is always very strange!) I like the EDP's more than the EDT's. Glad they made that move, and they do last lots longer.

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Arcadian|1488638537|4136386 said:
Alybetter|1488633530|4136375 said:

I used to have florabotanica before our relationship ended because of a rash :( loved that one. I don't dare try rosa considering they're of the same house but it sounds very nice.

IMO the exclusive chanels really aren't that much more expensive than their department store counterparts. (why they're more expensive on ebay is always very strange!) I like the EDP's more than the EDT's. Glad they made that move, and they do last lots longer.

I have no problem dropping $ on fragrance :drool: I've priced Beige in the past and found it reasonable. (I almost always prefer EDPs as well)
Alas, my husband was patient with me while I curated my small wardrobe, but his patience sort of wore out, and since I'm not working right now, my wish list is swelling.

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Today it's Aromatics Elixr. I think 2010 bottle...

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is infusion d'iris. have I ever said how much I love this perfume? Loved it so much I sprung for the biggest bottle I could find at the time (200ML!!!) Would have gone for the 400ml, but thats just being greedy ;-)

There is a new version just called Iris (prada did a relaunch of the infusions line) which is different. Does not have the lovely incense dry-down of the original. this version is very similar to Exclusif no1 except not as airy.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Serge Lutens Fleurs d'Oranger.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Parfums DelRae Mythique. I love orris and this is pretty much all you're getting here.

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Arcadian|1488902039|4137598 said:

Sampled that and love it!! Love a lot of Lutens. Again, lucky gal! :)

Cafe Rose for me today. I a bit on a TF binge lately. Wet, camphory, incense rose that's almost annoying in its presence. It's one of those that I really hate at times, and love at others.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alybetter|1489155528|4138822 said:
Arcadian|1488902039|4137598 said:

Sampled that and love it!! Love a lot of Lutens. Again, lucky gal! :)

Cafe Rose for me today. I a bit on a TF binge lately. Wet, camphory, incense rose that's almost annoying in its presence. It's one of those that I really hate at times, and love at others.

I love lots of SL but some of them are just not wearable for me.

TF is a house I have nothing of (tried but they don't work very well) I don't remember CR very well.

Today I did some layering of Max Mara and Bottega Venetta. Its a battle of the flagships!

This really strangely works VERY WELL. Max Mara is a perfume that I sometimes get nose blind to after a while. Layering with BV I get a sweet leather with a touch of ginger and patch. :appl: this is a winning combo for me.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls! I'm running behind on this thread but always enjoy coming back and reading what everyone is loving at the moment and what perfumes make your heart go pitter patter.

Wearing Molinard today. An oldie but a goodie and I am running dangerously low on it and I don't think they make it anymore so sad about that. Molinard Vanille. Delicious and inexpensive and nowhere to be found.

vanillebymolinard.jpeg

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I still have a stash of samples to try, but haven't felt adventurous lately. Craving sweet comfort scents. Today I used up nearly the last of my Black II (AJ Arabia/Widian) sample. Sticky sweet and uncomplicated.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Missy, I found that Molinard likes to change their bottles every few years. This is still available but its no longer cheap. The family has been working to revive the line for a long time, and with new perfumers charging over 100 bucks for a bottle of stink, they're kinda going that route.

I agree with you, its a beauty. I wish I had kept my bottle (one of my nieces took a real shine to it)

elizabethess, uncomplicated sometimes is just what we need. I certainly have my favorite scents for when "I just wanna smell good"...lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Arcadian. Oh well. There are lots of gorgeous fragrances out there so moving on. It's funny. I only wear the Molinard Vanille when I am home and not going out. I think because it was inexpensive I treat it as an at home scent vs my expensive perfumes that I wear out. Silly right? But in any case I will be out of the Molinard Vanille very soon so I guess it was good I didn't wear it out. :cheeky:

You're a good aunt giving it to your niece and hope she is enjoying it!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, the girls know they get pretty much everything....lol I send a box to my moms every few years and let them go to town. It helps to clear out space for most stuff I don't need :bigsmile:

One of my nieces is coming down a couple of weeks in the summer while she's out of school. We'll see if she can handle it..lol But will be fun. Very proud of my girls.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Amouage Sunshine. Oh how I love thee! She's a beautiful fruity/floral with a tobacco flower kick. I was at the grocery store this morning and the lady checking me out was like "you smell SOOOOO GOOOOD"...lol Great way to start Monday :)

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Arcadian|1489425767|4139726 said:
Today I'm wearing Amouage Sunshine. Oh how I love thee! She's a beautiful fruity/floral with a tobacco flower kick. I was at the grocery store this morning and the lady checking me out was like "you smell SOOOOO GOOOOD"...lol Great way to start Monday :)
I need to get my paws on sunshine!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
today is Le Labo rose 3... love the cumin and gaiac in this

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am in Virginia for my usual reason ( a doctor's appointment). (I live in Connecticut.) After I saw my doctor I decided to go luxury shopping at Tyson's Corner. I don't have as many high end stores in one place close to me at home as as I have here at Tyson's Galleria. So I went to Neiman Marcus and after a quick look at the jewelry counters, went to fragrances, where I spent at least an hour, probably more. I saw a display that had a sample of dipyque fragrances. I used to wear Phylosophos all the time, and once got a sample of eau duelle. I decided to spray some on an immediately fell in love and decided to buy a bottle. I don't know why the sample I once didn't got didn't affect me that strongly.

I then went to the men's counter where I sprayed cards for ages. I tried tobacco since you had mentioned it in this thread. I also tried leather. And vetiver since I knew one could substitute lemon for vetiver in recipes. Eventually I settled on a fragrance for my husband. IHermès Eau De Pamplemousse Rose Eau De Cologne love him in Geoofrey Beene's "Bowling Green" and nothing else has ever come close to it, but he loves to experiment. I decided on Hermès Eau De Pamplemousse Rose Eau De Cologne and then asked for samples. The woman who had helped me gave me one that I asked for that was already made (a Tom Ford tobacco scent) and also filled two tiny flagons with other scents I liked. One was an Hermès rhubarb scent that really smelled like rhubarb! I really had a lot of fun.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1489794454|4141422 said:
I am in Virginia for my usual reason ( a doctor's appointment). (I live in Connecticut.) After I saw my doctor I decided to go luxury shopping at Tyson's Corner. I don't have as many high end stores in one place close to me at home as as I have here at Tyson's Galleria. So I went to Neiman Marcus and after a quick look at the jewelry counters, went to fragrances, where I spent at least an hour, probably more. I saw a display that had a sample of dipyque fragrances. I used to wear Phylosophos all the time, and once got a sample of eau duelle. I decided to spray some on an immediately fell in love and decided to buy a bottle. I don't know why the sample I once didn't got didn't affect me that strongly.

I then went to the men's counter where I sprayed cards for ages. I tried tobacco since you had mentioned it in this thread. I also tried leather. And vetiver since I knew one could substitute lemon for vetiver in recipes. Eventually I settled on a fragrance for my husband. IHermès Eau De Pamplemousse Rose Eau De Cologne love him in Geoofrey Beene's "Bowling Green" and nothing else has ever come close to it, but he loves to experiment. I decided on Hermès Eau De Pamplemousse Rose Eau De Cologne and then asked for samples. The woman who had helped me gave me one that I asked for that was already made (a Tom Ford tobacco scent) and also filled two tiny flagons with other scents I liked. One was an Hermès rhubarb scent that really smelled like rhubarb! I really had a lot of fun.

Deb:

Good to have some down time and "refresh"? While I loved so many of diptyques' offerings, once on my skin, none of the scents lasted. Hope you have better success. But their candles, different story! :love:

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Houbigant Iris des Champs in pure parfum. swoonworthy. I love iris. I got a deluxe sample of this one ...sure does make me want a full bottle!!

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Histoires de Perfumes Tubereuse 3 (Animale) - Pretty hard hitting, initially, but as it wears on I keep getting wafts of something delicious. On the fence about this one :think:

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good to have some down time and "refresh"? While I loved so many of diptyques' offerings, once on my skin, none of the scents lasted. Hope you have better success. But their candles, different story! :love:

Thank you for the good wishes on the "down time", Sharon. I must be lucky if diptyque scents are tricky on the skin. Both Philosykos and Eau Duelle smell wonderful on me as well as off me!

Deb :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results