shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Amouage Jubilation Woman. this is the old version, which is extremely strong. Tried this in extrait but found it too somber. this one is better as an EDP IMO.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Arcadian|1486763149|4127241 said:
Today I'm wearing Amouage Jubilation Woman. this is the old version, which is extremely strong. Tried this in extrait but found it too somber. this one is better as an EDP IMO.

I keep meaning to purchase that one, its gorgeous

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Today is something warm and sweet- Commodity Gold.
Very easy to wear, and i love the vanilla notes in this!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Wearing a new Citrus scent today - Panah London Italian Citrus

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
D'Orsay Tilleul

Linden linden and more linden. Yum :love: I never get much hay, and when I do its usually hours into drydown.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Arcadian|1487005821|4128113 said:
D'Orsay Tilleul

Linden linden and more linden. Yum :love: I never get much hay, and when I do its usually hours into drydown.

<3

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Piotr Czarnecki She Shihan EDP... I don't like the opening, something harsh about it reminds me of my mom's perfume (ye olde Windsong :lol: though I can't find any similar notes) but after that it's all lovely tobacco and a little incense and vanilla :love:

This is a flanker to the original Shihan (Sensei) which I'd also like to sample, but I went with this first because of the listed plum :)

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
ckrickett|1486842235|4127527 said:

I might have to try this! I love vanilla =)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
elizabethess|1487086372|4128576 said:
Piotr Czarnecki She Shihan EDP... I don't like the opening, something harsh about it reminds me of my mom's perfume (ye olde Windsong :lol: though I can't find any similar notes) but after that it's all lovely tobacco and a little incense and vanilla :love:

This is a flanker to the original Shihan (Sensei) which I'd also like to sample, but I went with this first because of the listed plum :)

Sounds interesting!! but hmm.. Windsong? I pretty much remember the commercials and thats about it. :lol:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is Mona d'Orio Tubereuse. Not your mom's tuberose! This one is green, milky, spicy. No indole, no gasoline (Caron Tubereuse has a gas note as does Serge Lutens Tuberose Criminelle). Total opposite of say, Fracas, softer and milkier than Carnal Flower (which can be a big green screecher at times). Soft in sillage but not weak; sprayed on at 6am and can still smell it when I move around. A thinking person's tuberose.

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1487093679|4128644 said:

Sounds interesting!! but hmm.. Windsong? I pretty much remember the commercials and thats about it. :lol:

If you asked me to describe Windsong (Wind Song?) I couldn't do it, for the life of me, except to say it smells like "mom's perfume." :lol: It was an inexpensive scent she wore as a young woman and is the ONLY scent she's worn for at least 60 years. We kids/husband bought so much of it for her as gifts growing up she hasn't had to buy any since the 80s or 90s, I think! I'm at a loss for why I was reminded of it!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
momhappy|1487088298|4128594 said:
ckrickett|1486842235|4127527 said:

I might have to try this! I love vanilla =)

Its a warm vanilla that is really easy to wear!! I love it!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I'm wearing my husbands favorite scent - Bvlgari Rose Essentielle

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
elizabethess|1487099349|4128693 said:

If you asked me to describe Windsong (Wind Song?) I couldn't do it, for the life of me, except to say it smells like "mom's perfume." :lol: It was an inexpensive scent she wore as a young woman and is the ONLY scent she's worn for at least 60 years. We kids/husband bought so much of it for her as gifts growing up she hasn't had to buy any since the 80s or 90s, I think! I'm at a loss for why I was reminded of it!

All of the Prince Macciabelli (sp?) had a very strong note that was very off-putting to me. Kind of musky/powdery, but strong and (to me) unpleasant.. I suspect it was in the carrier they used. But it was sold at the local drugstore, so the PM perfumes were among the first I was exposed to and tried on regularly. Maybe that's why I don't wear fragrance much these days. :wink2:

Seriously though it's largely because we were discouraged from wearing fragrances at work or in choir - and I'm more than willing to observe those requests since I have adverse reactions to some fragrances myself. But now that I'm retired, I am starting to look for and experiment with some light scents that I can wear in other circumstances. So I'm reading posts on this thread with interest!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Changed it up for the evening Omnia Profumo Ambra why I forget I have these itty bitty bottles is beyond me. This amber is more sweet and juicy than I normally wear, but its def. beautiful. FOr those who really like vanilla (lots of it here)

I have Madera as well. its gourmand, like very gourmand. I have to be in the mood to wear it. I might wear it tomorrow ;-)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
elizabethess|1487099349|4128693 said:

My mom was an Avon Lady for a minute. So I think I'm pretty sure most scents of a certain age smelled pretty similar. I wonder if its anything like TImeless. NOt sure why I think so but Timeless indeed smells like my mom :lol: Probably why I could never wear it.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Incense from MCM today. I am really enjoying the new fragrances from them!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today was the ultimate testing day at the gardens mall.

I started off @ Chanel

I did indeed pick up a bottle of Chanel Beige. I got samples of beige over the years and its been on my want list for a while. I always feel that beige is a very light fragrance in comparison to many in my wardrobe, and, now that I live in an area where having something light from about march to October is almost necessary, it was time. This is also my SOTD.

While at the boutique I got samples of Gardenia and Misia. I tried out Bois des Isles...again...lol but liked Beige way more. I also smelled 22 again. Its ok, it just smells like No5 to me, which reminds me of my Grandmother, which gives me the sads (its been nearly 20 years and I still miss her)

Next was Saks. They don't have a Dyptique counter *sad face* but they have a Kilians counter. Not that I needed anything. :lol: So I got some samples of Moonlight Heaven, VVaM, Love (which isn't a love...lol) and Straight to Heaven (already have but hey whatever). I likely will get moonlight heaven if it tests out ok because its really very pretty. Kilian Love is like a sugar bath for me. I wish I liked it more because there's some pretty interesting things going on in there.

I skipped Bond No 9 because for the most part, they are scrubbers on me. Whatever it is they use in their base, always smells like comet cleaner when I put it on, so I just avoid the entire line anymore. I have bought for the Mr. though :lol: they smell great on him.

The MFK counter is right next to it (same person) and resmelled Petit Matin and Grand Soir. Def. need to really retest it. GS is what I got the sample of as PM smelled too familiar (which usually means I may have something like it already). I also re-smelled APOM, which for the life of me, I hate it on my skin. Why do I love this in the bottle so much???

in Bloomies I got a sample of Cartier La Panthere. I couldn't let them spray anymore because my nose was pretty much gone at this point....lol but I will try the sample a bit later this next week.

Not sure if you guys would like to do a sample pass but I certainly would! I get so many that its a shame that they end up going bad or I pitch them because they don't get worn. Only problem is, I wouldn't know where to start. Maybe put something up on LT? thoughts anyone?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing By Kilian Voulez-Vous Coucher Avec Moi (VVCAM) whoooo boy! This reminds me of a stronger Good Girl Gone Bad. Quite strong, the florals are densely packed here. ylang-ylang, tuberose, gardenia, and rose are pretty much forefront. Even with the addition of ylang-ylang, its not a sweet floral.

Here's also something really nice.....the darn sandalwood. OMG soooo much creamy sandalwood here. The vanilla and sandalwood play so well together. Its almost like...butter. :love: Not sure what type but its one of the first woody thing I could smell.

As it dries down more of the woods come through for me, but the floral aspects are never all that far away.

not a mutlisprayer. One spray is more than enough for the climate here. While I can get away with wearing this to work because I'm at home, wearing to an office is a straight "no".

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Kilian Moonlight in Heaven

Very pretty with a tropical edge. Though there's a part to me that smells like ...hand soap :shock: That permeates through the entire composition and it will not go away. Its not even good expensive smelling hand soap. Just... hand soap.

Longevity is good, sillage is moderate/minimal but for me not full bottle worthy at the price.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Today it is Hermes Jour d'Hermes absolu. This smells like fresh clean sexy skin to me. I can't get enough of this,

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Arcadian|1487525980|4130730 said:
Today I'm wearing By Kilian Voulez-Vous Coucher Avec Moi (VVCAM) whoooo boy! This reminds me of a stronger Good Girl Gone Bad. Quite strong, the florals are densely packed here. ylang-ylang, tuberose, gardenia, and rose are pretty much forefront. Even with the addition of ylang-ylang, its not a sweet floral.

Here's also something really nice.....the darn sandalwood. OMG soooo much creamy sandalwood here. The vanilla and sandalwood play so well together. Its almost like...butter. :love: Not sure what type but its one of the first woody thing I could smell.

As it dries down more of the woods come through for me, but the floral aspects are never all that far away.

not a mutlisprayer. One spray is more than enough for the climate here. While I can get away with wearing this to work because I'm at home, wearing to an office is a straight "no".

I have wanted to test this one out. I love by kilian fragrances, but its hard for me to sample them

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls!

Arcadian, that is a lovely idea but I wouldn't participate but it can really work well to do a fragrance sample pass. I have done it in the past and it was fun. Lovely idea.

The Bond fragrances are scrubbers for me too lol.

Ckrickett, love Hermes Jour d'Hermes absolu. Fresh and pretty.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I'll work on doing something like a sample pass. So many of mine just get thrown away, and really it would be nice to pass them on to someone who wants to give them a sniff. I saw on Diamondbistro a very little used Fragrance area, so I'd probably put something there when I get a few breathing moments.

Today I'm wearing Cartier La Panthere. Plenty of white musk which isn't exactly my favorite part, but has good gardenia. The notes say there's rhubarb which won't be much as its not tart enough for me. The notes also say strawberry, but I'm not really picking up on that. I do get a sweet fruity vibe though.

Longevity is OK as is the sillage. For those who are floral phobic, probably not for you? Gardenia lovers will enjoy it though! (there's a Legre version of this and its a much lighter fume!)

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Tom Ford Santal Blush.
Takes me away to some beautiful, sweaty, stinky market selling rose petals and curry. For not using the real deal, (Mysore), they've done a great job just the same. It's like when you past someone in a crowd of people and are buffeted by their secret, human scent which isn't all the way pleasant but compelling just the same.
It's been rainy and generally shit here where I live, and SB sort of help me imagine I am somewhere sunny and warm. But dirty.

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I haven't tested anything in a while! Getting back on the horse with Keiko Micheri Ume. Plummy but maybe a little less juicy/loud than my usual? A little smoky tea and wood around the edges of the fruit, some happy flowers. Now it's settled into something really familiar, but I'm not sure what. Thierry Mugler Angel, maybe? I thought I had a small bottle of that tucked somewhere, but I couldn't find it to compare. Sillage is low, but longevity so far has been fantastic.

Arcadian, although I'm not entirely sure how to formally arrange anything, I'm happy to pass along any samples that I don't like! I used to belong to a different brand-specific fragrance swaps board, but they were Very Official(TM) with tons of rules and a mechanism to arrange it and feedback ratings, etc. Hmm. Will think on it.

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Alybetter|1487782037|4132172 said:
It's like when you past someone in a crowd of people and are buffeted by their secret, human scent which isn't all the way pleasant but compelling just the same.

Yep, I can picture that. Very evocative :D

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Alybetter, that sounds exceptionally compelling! I don't remember ever trying that particular TF. (you know as I get older its amazing how much I forget :shock: ) Saks has it here so I'll give it a sniff soon!

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Arcadian|1487786609|4132215 said:
@Alybetter, that sounds exceptionally compelling! I don't remember ever trying that particular TF. (you know as I get older its amazing how much I forget :shock: ) Saks has it here so I'll give it a sniff soon!

I do hope you like it :) The first few minutes after initial spritz it is quite strong. It's very carnal. I've owned, some in just sample decants, or tried all of the PBs, and this and Tobacco Vanille are my personal favorites.

I'm excited to comb this thread and get some new ideas.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Aramis Calligraphy Rose today!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results