shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

empliau

Shiny_Rock
my absolute favorite. I was standing waiting to cross the street and a man next to me said you smell GREAT! This is the reaction CF gets. (I thanked him , then punched him):bigsmile:

Avon Lilac bath oil, 1972. I felt so sophisticated - middle school.

I still adore lilac (we used to have a bush - luckily the neighbor has several, as our landscaper accidentally tore ours out) and would love to have a good scent of lilac, hyacinth, or wisteria. Malle's En Passant is supposed to be a lovely lilac, but I find it wishy-washy.

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband's too! I've used various fragrances in our nearly forty years together, but Carnal Flower is the only one he notices. And he always notices it!

Of course I love it too, but I have many favorites: vintage Diorissimo, vintage Chanel No. 19, Vero Profumo Mito - he's blind to them. But CF he can smell, and loves. So I guess I'll always own a bottle.

I have never smelled that.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still adore lilac (we used to have a bush - luckily the neighbor has several, as our landscaper accidentally tore ours out) and would love to have a good scent of lilac, hyacinth, or wisteria. Malle's En Passant is supposed to be a lovely lilac, but I find it wishy-washy.

I adore lilac, too. (We have one very old white lilac bush that is huge and several new ones I planted about five years ago. The scent of the old one is powerful in the spring when the blossoms come out.) I even bought a partially used bottle of Jo Malone's White Lilac and Rhubarb on eBay because I loved that scent so much and it was discontinued.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I pulled out my bottle of Aramis Calligraphy Rose. It was 48 degrees @7am and I just needed that push to get me going out the door to walk the dog.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore lilac, too. (We have one very old white lilac bush that is huge and several new ones I planted about five years ago. The scent of the old one is powerful in the spring when the blossoms come out.) I even bought a partially used bottle of Jo Malone's White Lilac and Rhubarb on eBay because I loved that scent so much and it was discontinued.

I would love to plant a white lilac bush. I am allergic to the purple lilacs that were in our yard when I was a child. I wonder if white lilac would have the same effect? Probably, sigh.

I bought 2 100ml bottles of Jo Malone White Lilac & Rhubarb when it came out in 2012, because I loved it and realized it was limited edition, like so many of their fragrances. But I don't seem to wear it very often. There are some perfumes I wear a lot and others that, although I love them, I don't feel motivated to put on very often. I'm not much of the way through the 1st bottle.

I should spray something on. Since having Covid this month I just went off wearing perfume. For a while I couldn't smell anything anyway. Today I can smell, but still not 100%.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought 2 100ml bottles of Jo Malone White Lilac & Rhubarb when it came out in 2012, because I loved it and realized it was limited edition, like so many of their fragrances. But I don't seem to wear it very often. There are some perfumes I wear a lot and others that, although I love them, I don't feel motivated to put on very often. I'm not much of the way through the 1st bottle.

I just read the tip about buying two bottles of a perfume one really likes when one realizes she likes it. I had never heard that before. I am afraid that I will still not have enough Dame Mandarin, Neroli, and Cedar to last me much longer. Obviously I had two bottles, but I had given one to my daughter. I am lucky she was willing to trade it back to me!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday I opened two new bottles of cologne/eau de parfum I splurged on in a night of Internet spending. I had ordered both Orange Blossom cologne by Jo Malone and Fleur d'Oranger 27 by Le Labo. I had to try both on although I was about to take a shower. Each was wonderful.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday I opened two new bottles of cologne/eau de parfum I splurged on in a night of Internet spending. I had ordered both Orange Blossom cologne by Jo Malone and Fleur d'Oranger 27 by Le Labo. I had to try both on although I was about to take a shower. Each was wonderful.

I am on my last drops of Rose 31--I need to Internet spend! Thanks for the reminder! (perhaps I'll get a sample of the Fleur d'Oranger 27....)

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just read the tip about buying two bottles of a perfume one really likes when one realizes she likes it. I had never heard that before. I am afraid that I will still not have enough Dame Mandarin, Neroli, and Cedar to last me much longer. Obviously I had two bottles, but I had given one to my daughter. I am lucky she was willing to trade it back to me!

I followed the tip too well, and now have too many backup bottles of various fragrances. I'd happily sell some of them, but can't be bothered with setting up a selling account on eBay, and my favorite fragrance forums no longer allow the listing of bottles for sale.
While it will be nice to have some of my favorite perfumes for years to come, some others will definitely outlive me at this rate. :roll:

BTW I love orange blossom fragrances, too! :) Such a sunny, happy smell!
I'm spraying on some L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger 2007.

Last edited:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@pearlsngems I also lost my senses of smell and taste when I had covid 2 years ago. Some of my favorite perfumes (Tom Ford Black Orchid, Jo Malone nectar?and honey, and a couple Escada) smelled “off” when that happened. Today I am just now seeming to regain more of my senses and I have no idea how or why. I hope the trend continues! Here’s hoping you regain your smell sense 100% as soon as possible. Look into one of the scent kits on amazon.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think my sense of smell is already back 100%! :)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
y'all keep talking about Lilac which makes me miss the 2 bushes I had in my yard in New England. No lilac down here, the ground doesn't get cold enough. There's a ylang-ylang tree in the neighborhood and when its fully blooming you smell it everywhere.

In honor of that I'm wearing Guerlain Embruns d'Ylang which I've now heard is discontinued. I have so much that I will be fine.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I followed the tip too well, and now have too many backup bottles of various fragrances. I'd happily sell some of them, but can't be bothered with setting up a selling account on eBay, and my favorite fragrance forums no longer allow the listing of bottles for sale.
While it will be nice to have some of my favorite perfumes for years to come, some others will definitely outlive me at this rate. :roll:

BTW I love orange blossom fragrances, too! :) Such a sunny, happy smell!
I'm spraying on some L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger 2007.

I don't remember ever seeing a fragrance forum where members could list bottles for sale. On the other hand, I don't follow any forum carefully. I don't follow any fragrance site carefully. I just get the urge for fragrance and start looking and find sites and then find I am already a member so I can't join, but I don't know what my password is and so forth. It sounds wonderful to have a site where one could list and buy bottles of fragrance with other members.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't remember ever seeing a fragrance forum where members could list bottles for sale. On the other hand, I don't follow any forum carefully. I don't follow any fragrance site carefully. I just get the urge for fragrance and start looking and find sites and then find I am already a member so I can't join, but I don't know what my password is and so forth. It sounds wonderful to have a site where one could list and buy bottles of fragrance with other members.

Basenotes used to, but that function was recently shut down, as well as swaps. The owner of the forum was concerned about the risk of members being defrauded. But it had run well for years with an excellent feedback system.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
You could always just sell them on ebay.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
EBay no longer allows the sale of used bottles, which some of mine are. But in any case, I don't want to become an eBay seller at this point in my life.

Today I am wearing a dry oil by Pre de Provence scented with linden.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
EBay no longer allows the sale of used bottles, which some of mine are. But in any case, I don't want to become an eBay seller at this point in my life.

Today I am wearing a dry oil by Pre de Provence scented with linden.

I love many dry oils.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a blank slate today. We have some pretty massive low pressure system off the coast thats causing me headaches. Its been such a weird winter.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
A Lancome Tresor flanker for me today, La Nuit. I have a lot of sample size to small bottles of perfume. Most of them, like this one, are pretty nice but nothing I'd likely replace when it's gone.

I am trying to use/wear what I have, for ex. perfumes and jewelry, to break the habit of buying stuff, then forgetting all about it.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Coco Extreme Comptoir Sud Pacifique for me today. A fancy name for a flat vanilla coconut pudding scent. Imo it's better than the banana one though. :lol-2:

ETA: Just noticed that the travel size bottle I have is eau de toilette. It seems more like a "body spray" than a perfume so I guess I shouldn't judge it too harshly.

Last edited:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My sense of smell has returned a bit more over the past few months. I’m 3 years and 3 months post-Covid and it has been crazy to deal with losing so much of two senses (smell and taste) and slooooowly regaining it.

I treated myself to a “discovery set” of Byredo scents and fell in love with Bal d’Afrique. I think it might become my new favorite so I bought a 1.7 oz. Loving it so far!

empliau

Shiny_Rock
My sense of smell has returned a bit more over the past few months. I’m 3 years and 3 months post-Covid and it has been crazy to deal with losing so much of two senses (smell and taste) and slooooowly regaining it.

I treated myself to a “discovery set” of Byredo scents and fell in love with Bal d’Afrique. I think it might become my new favorite so I bought a 1.7 oz. Loving it so far!

Woohoo and congratters! I love my scents and would so hate to lose the ability to enjoy them. Good on you to try a discovery set - I am always afraid of hating them all (not Byredo, just discovery sets in general.)

Wow, 3 years to get back to baseline. So glad you're better.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woohoo and congratters! I love my scents and would so hate to lose the ability to enjoy them. Good on you to try a discovery set - I am always afraid of hating them all (not Byredo, just discovery sets in general.)

Wow, 3 years to get back to baseline. So glad you're better.

Thank you!

Don’t tell anyone, but I did sell the set on Poshmark for $40. (I don’t remember if you’re technically allowed to sell perfume on that site or not, but I got away with it.) I originally paid $60, and that $60 was credited to the purchase of my 1.7 oz.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results