shape
carat
color
clarity

Fracture Filling Processes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In Gary Roskin's book it states the colours shown in fracture filling are caused by the juxtaposition of the two mineral types. I thought companies put these colours in to show it is fracture filled and have also read this. He does go on in his book that the colours displayed may be different than those shown in his photos so maybe he means this anyway.

Do any companies do fracture filling without adding a colour. Is the "flash effect" caused by the fracture itself and do any companies just fill the fracture and leave it to shine naturally? Or is the "flash effect" caused by the colours?

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone know about this?
wink2.gif

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Color is not normally added to the fracture filling of diamond. Back to the book I told you about in another thread THE MICROWORLD OF DIAMONDS by John I. Koivula on page 105 are several color photographs of a diamond each showing a different color of the same fracture under different lighting and slightly different angles.
Someone as interested in diamonds as you are should have this book.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Diamondbob. So what causes the colour flash seen in Gary Roskin's book is it due to the different minerals - diamond and fracture fill compound?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results