shape
carat
color
clarity

Fourth time lucky! 2.075 J VS2 CBI diamond in a custom platinum Durham Rose setting.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
So this has been a crazy journey for me.

Introducing my new ring:

P1050930.JPG P1050930 (2).JPG

:love::love::love:

P1050793.JPG
P1050802.JPG P1050803.JPG
IMG_20190722_110019 (2).jpg

:kiss2:

I figured I'd show some pictures first and then here is the long story for anyone who is interested in listening to my ramblings. It's a bit of a bumpy ride, but I promise there is a happy ending! :geek2:

Central stone:
2.075 carats
J VS2
8.19 x 8.21 x 5.06 mm
Table 55.2 %
Crown 34.4 degrees
Pavilion 40.7 degrees
LGFs 76%

This amazing diamond is set into a custom platinum setting. The pavé is 2mm ideal cut melee, H VS quality. I've looked at the melee under an idealscope and they all have arrows! :D My ring size is a UK J and a half, which is sometimes a teeny bit loose on me but snug over my knuckle, which is what I like in a ring.

The setting has been made by Durham Rose, a jeweller in London. I have done numerous other threads on this long journey for me. Can you believe that there have been THREE previous versions of this ring and this is the fourth version???!!! What follows is a very honest and open story of this journey, the ups and the downs. Faye is the absolutely wonderful and amazing lady at Durham Rose who has been on this journey with me. As I have said in my other threads, I could not be more impressed with her, her patience, her awesomeness. I love Faye. :kiss2::love::kiss2:

I picked up the first version at the very end of January. Whilst it was a beautiful ring, there were a number of issues with it. The main two issues were that one, I didn't feel it looked too much like the CADs I had approved, and that was understandably quite a big issue, and also disappointing. I had wanted really straight prongs and these prongs, whilst beautiful, were quite curved. And two, and more of an issue, the setting was really wonky and windswept. There were a few other tiny niggles that weren't really that significant but I noted them, too. I have to admit to having really high expectations, and I'm sure my time on Pricescope has only added to that. Slightly dangerous. :shifty:

P1050596.JPG

It was like that from the side view as shown above and also from the front view, too.

I was really confused, I couldn't really understand it. Why would a workbench have given out such a ring? Faye, however, was amazing. We met up, we discussed the issues, and Faye spontaneously said she felt the resolution to the issues was to remake the ring. It was absolutely the right thing to do, and I was so impressed. I gave the ring back (which was a bit painful) and waited with anticipation.

After just over six weeks (I think), ring version two arrived. Faye sent me a workshop video, which looked really awesome and epic, and we were both super excited (Faye has been so invested in this process, too, she has been so amazing). I travelled in to London to go and see it the first time, and Faye had seen it just before I did.

The ring was SO MUCH BETTER than the previous version, and the prongs were starting to look more like the CAD. But we were both in complete bafflement, because it was still wonky!!! :cry2: Also the pavé metalwork wasn't quite as crisp as it had been before.

P1050648.JPG P1050764.JPG

I did post a thread to introduce it, because it was stunning, but Faye and I already had a game plan. Faye had wanted to immediately try for version three without me needing to say anything, but I was concerned. It seemed very unusual for the same problem to happen twice, and so I wondered if the issue was a design problem rather than a workbench problem.

Faye went away to investigate it, and indeed it turned out that the most likely issue was a significant design problem. I'm going to plagiarise myself from my other thread:

Basically I didn't want an upper gallery (the band on many rings that runs close to the diamond girdle on a lot of settings, to sort of hold the prongs in place). I also didn't want a lower gallery (a doughnut, for example). I also wanted the part of the ring that was underneath the culet of the diamond to be the same height as the rest of the band (in my case, I wanted the band to be about 1.8mm tall so it was comfortable, and therefore the metal under the culet was also 1.8mm tall). I also wanted no element of the shank to be cathedral in nature.

I didn't ask for much, huh.

It appears that the reason in my many many hours of searching I had never encountered a ring that met those very specific criteria (perhaps somewhat obviously) was that it's actually really difficult to make a ring that meets that criteria but also doesn't suffer from structural issues. Faye and I have had some amazing conversations about this (as in genuinely amazing).

As a simplified explanation for why the ring had come out wonky on both occasions, prongs have pivot points. If you have a long unsupported prong, with not a lot of support at its base, and no upper gallery (basically what I wanted), the prong's pivot point is really low and the prong will pivot on that point when it's being manipulated. Pretty obvious in hindsight, really. So basically, both times the ring was made, the prongs came out somewhat wonky, and that led to the diamond sitting in the prongs at a tilt. The first time around it was really obvious, the ring essentially looked windswept from multiple angles. The second time around it was still obvious but definitely better. It certainly didn't appear to be a question of workmanship - it was more a structural and physics issue.

So Faye amazingly agreed to redesign the ring to remove this problem. As I really didn't want an upper gallery, we added more metal to the base of the prongs to make them more fully in cement, as it were. That made the pivot point higher up the length of the prong and made it much less likely to bend.

It theoretically meant some 'compromises'. One of the things I loved about the first couple of versions of the ring was that the diamond was 'floating' in the setting and the whole of its glory was on display (and boy was it glorious). To change it like this and also aim to get it looking even more like the CAD was going to mean burying the culet slightly into the setting, but I asked that it still be visible even if it was just to me. It did make me a little bit nervous, because the floating diamond effect of the previous versions was pretty epic. But I could feel in my bones it was the right decision.

The best thing about waiting for version three was that I was able to keep version two ring until the very last minute, and then give it back at the stage where the diamonds needed setting. This meant that even though it was wonky, I really got to enjoy it for the time that I had it. It was an honour.

I never saw version three apart from by video. :lol: Faye was not happy with it, and basically contacted me to say that version four had already been cast! Having said that, I could immediately tell that the new design was PERFECT. I was soooo relieved and excited!!!

Finally, finally, after some weeks without my ring, my ring was delivered to me by post. I was really gutted I didn't have time in my schedule to go into London to pick it up on a day that Faye would have been there, but I was due some annual leave with a holiday to Menorca (so awesome) and I really wanted the ring before then. I knew that I was definitely going to need some processing time with my ring, I'm just that sort of person. To have missed the opportunity to have it on my holiday would have been sad.

I'll be honest, I made some mistakes with the way I first looked at the ring, which was pretty stupid. I opened it straight after coming back from a number of very difficult shifts at work, in probably the worst lighting of my house with directional light as well from some glass door windows. In fact, the whole month before had all been pretty tough and challenging. I was in dire need of a holiday. My first impression, especially as I took some pictures of the ring as I was opening it, was that the ring was still wonky. I was pretty gutted. The ring is a cast ring polished down, and I also thought, when I looked at the pictures, that the polishing on the prongs could be better. It was something I initially really struggled with.

However - happy ending - after 24-48 hours, I was able to be way more objective and I realised that my very first impression was really because of the lighting in that particular part of the house, and then pretty magnified pictures highlighting that even further. The diamond was actually set perfectly, and wasn't wonky at all! It was just the way the light was hitting the prongs, and it created quite a strong optical illusion.

I also realised that yes, okay, the metalwork on the prongs perhaps wasn't quite as polished as I have seen on some of the hand-forged rings on here, but all the prongs were polished in the same way (symmetry is important to me). In the majority of lighting the metalwork is really smooth and shiny. To me it just looks hand-finished, and I have decided that this is very charming rather than a negative thing. I don't think it is worth the risk to try and make the prongs any smoother than they already are (and I think it would be difficult as well as actually, they're already very smooth despite my first impression). In some of the magnified photos I can see it a little, but in real life it's nearly never noticable and so minor.

Going through the process of initially finding fault with the ring then allowed me to really start to thoroughly enjoy all the things that I LOVE about the ring! And I love this ring. It is absolutely amazing, I am so lucky and honoured to have it.

I love the design, I love how straight the prongs are, I love how solid and chunky it is. I love that it looks like the CAD. I love that with the current setting it's actually more difficult for me to see the tint of the J diamond from the side. With the floating versions it was quite easy for me to see the tint from the side, and perhaps that bothered me a tiny bit. With this setting it's really difficult to see the tint from the side and that's really helped. I also love that I can see the culet if I look at just the right angle. I had worried I was making a compromise, but I wasn't making a compromise at all. I love the pavé - it is absolute perfection, so much better than version 2! I love the paw print engraving that I have in memory of my Westie, Eric. :kiss2: At work I wear my ring on a necklace and I can see the paw print when I look down. It is very special.

IMG_20190722_110047 (2).jpg

And finally I love the central diamond. The CBI is just... out of this world. Need I say more? None of the photos I have taken can possibly do it justice.

Thank you so much to Durham Rose for sticking with me through this process. Even more so thanks to Faye. This would never have happened without her. I can't imagine any other jewellery company going through such an extended process for their customer. I was especially impressed because there was clearly quite a lot of learning during this process for them, as well, and they handled it all with such grace. The service I received was priceless and I would have no hesitation in using them again. They have my business for life.

In that regard - the next plan is the matching band and a spacer. :lol:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad it’s all worked out for you, it’s absolutely beautiful.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another CBI stunner!! Congrats!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! So happy for you. Your ring is beautiful and everything that you wanted it to be. Wear in health.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Congratulations!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! :))

And kudos to @Durham Rose for making things right, even though I'm sure there were costs involved and all the additional stress for both you and them must have been hard!

Any vendor can get good reviews when things go right, but only the best vendors can get good reviews when things go a bit wrong :)

At some point I will have to pay them a visit!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! It was really worth bring patient for, as they nailed it!

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
How wonderful to hear of a vendor that perseveres until everything is made right! Perfect ring and diamond. Thanks for sharing your journey.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Very beautiful piece.

Thank you! Yes it is!

So glad it’s all worked out for you, it’s absolutely beautiful.

I'm really glad too. This project has been more than a year in the making and it's so gratifying to have made it. I held off posting here, because I wanted to be really settled into my feelings about everything before posting. I started the journey on this forum, and it feels a bit like I'm finishing this part of the journey on this forum, too, with this post. That's very satisfying.

Another CBI stunner!! Congrats!

Yes! And to think I went into this journey looking for an F coloured diamond... and came away with a J that I'm just as delighted with.

Congratulations!! So happy for you. Your ring is beautiful and everything that you wanted it to be. Wear in health.

Thank you so much!

Beautiful! Congratulations!

Thank you!

Congratulations! :))

And kudos to @Durham Rose for making things right, even though I'm sure there were costs involved and all the additional stress for both you and them must have been hard!

Any vendor can get good reviews when things go right, but only the best vendors can get good reviews when things go a bit wrong :)

At some point I will have to pay them a visit!

You are completely right. I thought a lot about the additional costs that must have been involved in this process for them - the time, the cost of remaking the ring, new CADs, etc etc. The diamond was expensive but the setting I don't think was as expensive as it could have been... and yet still they provided that service. I am definitely getting the band from them (in fact it's already made, as Faye was so keen to get the same setter to make the band as the ring so that they perfectly matched... I mean... wow... with no obligation for me to buy it ever if I didn't want). As you might be able to guess I am now saving for the band!!! And then I need a spacer, so I'll get that from them too. I think if they hadn't handled it well I would have definitely looked elsewhere, so they clearly have great long-term business management.

Please pay them a visit. It is delightful and very different to visiting a jewellery shop.

Beautiful! It was really worth bring patient for, as they nailed it!

It was sooooo worth it. I am so relieved. I am soooo pleased with how patient they were with me as well. Faye has the patience of a saint, seriously, especially when I shared my wobbles about this version of the ring, and still she had patience with me!!! But her being that way allowed me to process everything, move past the things that actually turned out to not even be issues, and realise that this ring is just wonderful. I couldn't have done this without her, and I love this ring more because of her. :kiss2:

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
How wonderful to hear of a vendor that perseveres until everything is made right! Perfect ring and diamond. Thanks for sharing your journey.

Exactly! Durham Rose persevered until everything was perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better experience from a jeweller. They are epic.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So this has been a crazy journey for me.

Introducing my new ring:

P1050930.JPG P1050930 (2).JPG

:love::love::love:

P1050793.JPG
P1050802.JPG P1050803.JPG
IMG_20190722_110019 (2).jpg

:kiss2:

I figured I'd show some pictures first and then here is the long story for anyone who is interested in listening to my ramblings. It's a bit of a bumpy ride, but I promise there is a happy ending! :geek2:

Central stone:
2.075 carats
J VS2
8.19 x 8.21 x 5.06 mm
Table 55.2 %
Crown 34.4 degrees
Pavilion 40.7 degrees
LGFs 76%

This amazing diamond is set into a custom platinum setting. The pavé is 2mm ideal cut melee, H VS quality. I've looked at the melee under an idealscope and they all have arrows! :D My ring size is a UK J and a half, which is sometimes a teeny bit loose on me but snug over my knuckle, which is what I like in a ring.

The setting has been made by Durham Rose, a jeweller in London. I have done numerous other threads on this long journey for me. Can you believe that there have been THREE previous versions of this ring and this is the fourth version???!!! What follows is a very honest and open story of this journey, the ups and the downs. Faye is the absolutely wonderful and amazing lady at Durham Rose who has been on this journey with me. As I have said in my other threads, I could not be more impressed with her, her patience, her awesomeness. I love Faye. :kiss2::love::kiss2:

I picked up the first version at the very end of January. Whilst it was a beautiful ring, there were a number of issues with it. The main two issues were that one, I didn't feel it looked too much like the CADs I had approved, and that was understandably quite a big issue, and also disappointing. I had wanted really straight prongs and these prongs, whilst beautiful, were quite curved. And two, and more of an issue, the setting was really wonky and windswept. There were a few other tiny niggles that weren't really that significant but I noted them, too. I have to admit to having really high expectations, and I'm sure my time on Pricescope has only added to that. Slightly dangerous. :shifty:

P1050596.JPG

It was like that from the side view as shown above and also from the front view, too.

I was really confused, I couldn't really understand it. Why would a workbench have given out such a ring? Faye, however, was amazing. We met up, we discussed the issues, and Faye spontaneously said she felt the resolution to the issues was to remake the ring. It was absolutely the right thing to do, and I was so impressed. I gave the ring back (which was a bit painful) and waited with anticipation.

After just over six weeks (I think), ring version two arrived. Faye sent me a workshop video, which looked really awesome and epic, and we were both super excited (Faye has been so invested in this process, too, she has been so amazing). I travelled in to London to go and see it the first time, and Faye had seen it just before I did.

The ring was SO MUCH BETTER than the previous version, and the prongs were starting to look more like the CAD. But we were both in complete bafflement, because it was still wonky!!! :cry2: Also the pavé metalwork wasn't quite as crisp as it had been before.

P1050648.JPG P1050764.JPG

I did post a thread to introduce it, because it was stunning, but Faye and I already had a game plan. Faye had wanted to immediately try for version three without me needing to say anything, but I was concerned. It seemed very unusual for the same problem to happen twice, and so I wondered if the issue was a design problem rather than a workbench problem.

Faye went away to investigate it, and indeed it turned out that the most likely issue was a significant design problem. I'm going to plagiarise myself from my other thread:

Basically I didn't want an upper gallery (the band on many rings that runs close to the diamond girdle on a lot of settings, to sort of hold the prongs in place). I also didn't want a lower gallery (a doughnut, for example). I also wanted the part of the ring that was underneath the culet of the diamond to be the same height as the rest of the band (in my case, I wanted the band to be about 1.8mm tall so it was comfortable, and therefore the metal under the culet was also 1.8mm tall). I also wanted no element of the shank to be cathedral in nature.

I didn't ask for much, huh.

It appears that the reason in my many many hours of searching I had never encountered a ring that met those very specific criteria (perhaps somewhat obviously) was that it's actually really difficult to make a ring that meets that criteria but also doesn't suffer from structural issues. Faye and I have had some amazing conversations about this (as in genuinely amazing).

As a simplified explanation for why the ring had come out wonky on both occasions, prongs have pivot points. If you have a long unsupported prong, with not a lot of support at its base, and no upper gallery (basically what I wanted), the prong's pivot point is really low and the prong will pivot on that point when it's being manipulated. Pretty obvious in hindsight, really. So basically, both times the ring was made, the prongs came out somewhat wonky, and that led to the diamond sitting in the prongs at a tilt. The first time around it was really obvious, the ring essentially looked windswept from multiple angles. The second time around it was still obvious but definitely better. It certainly didn't appear to be a question of workmanship - it was more a structural and physics issue.

So Faye amazingly agreed to redesign the ring to remove this problem. As I really didn't want an upper gallery, we added more metal to the base of the prongs to make them more fully in cement, as it were. That made the pivot point higher up the length of the prong and made it much less likely to bend.

It theoretically meant some 'compromises'. One of the things I loved about the first couple of versions of the ring was that the diamond was 'floating' in the setting and the whole of its glory was on display (and boy was it glorious). To change it like this and also aim to get it looking even more like the CAD was going to mean burying the culet slightly into the setting, but I asked that it still be visible even if it was just to me. It did make me a little bit nervous, because the floating diamond effect of the previous versions was pretty epic. But I could feel in my bones it was the right decision.

The best thing about waiting for version three was that I was able to keep version two ring until the very last minute, and then give it back at the stage where the diamonds needed setting. This meant that even though it was wonky, I really got to enjoy it for the time that I had it. It was an honour.

I never saw version three apart from by video. :lol: Faye was not happy with it, and basically contacted me to say that version four had already been cast! Having said that, I could immediately tell that the new design was PERFECT. I was soooo relieved and excited!!!

Finally, finally, after some weeks without my ring, my ring was delivered to me by post. I was really gutted I didn't have time in my schedule to go into London to pick it up on a day that Faye would have been there, but I was due some annual leave with a holiday to Menorca (so awesome) and I really wanted the ring before then. I knew that I was definitely going to need some processing time with my ring, I'm just that sort of person. To have missed the opportunity to have it on my holiday would have been sad.

I'll be honest, I made some mistakes with the way I first looked at the ring, which was pretty stupid. I opened it straight after coming back from a number of very difficult shifts at work, in probably the worst lighting of my house with directional light as well from some glass door windows. In fact, the whole month before had all been pretty tough and challenging. I was in dire need of a holiday. My first impression, especially as I took some pictures of the ring as I was opening it, was that the ring was still wonky. I was pretty gutted. The ring is a cast ring polished down, and I also thought, when I looked at the pictures, that the polishing on the prongs could be better. It was something I initially really struggled with.

However - happy ending - after 24-48 hours, I was able to be way more objective and I realised that my very first impression was really because of the lighting in that particular part of the house, and then pretty magnified pictures highlighting that even further. The diamond was actually set perfectly, and wasn't wonky at all! It was just the way the light was hitting the prongs, and it created quite a strong optical illusion.

I also realised that yes, okay, the metalwork on the prongs perhaps wasn't quite as polished as I have seen on some of the hand-forged rings on here, but all the prongs were polished in the same way (symmetry is important to me). In the majority of lighting the metalwork is really smooth and shiny. To me it just looks hand-finished, and I have decided that this is very charming rather than a negative thing. I don't think it is worth the risk to try and make the prongs any smoother than they already are (and I think it would be difficult as well as actually, they're already very smooth despite my first impression). In some of the magnified photos I can see it a little, but in real life it's nearly never noticable and so minor.

Going through the process of initially finding fault with the ring then allowed me to really start to thoroughly enjoy all the things that I LOVE about the ring! And I love this ring. It is absolutely amazing, I am so lucky and honoured to have it.

I love the design, I love how straight the prongs are, I love how solid and chunky it is. I love that it looks like the CAD. I love that with the current setting it's actually more difficult for me to see the tint of the J diamond from the side. With the floating versions it was quite easy for me to see the tint from the side, and perhaps that bothered me a tiny bit. With this setting it's really difficult to see the tint from the side and that's really helped. I also love that I can see the culet if I look at just the right angle. I had worried I was making a compromise, but I wasn't making a compromise at all. I love the pavé - it is absolute perfection, so much better than version 2! I love the paw print engraving that I have in memory of my Westie, Eric. :kiss2: At work I wear my ring on a necklace and I can see the paw print when I look down. It is very special.

IMG_20190722_110047 (2).jpg

And finally I love the central diamond. The CBI is just... out of this world. Need I say more? None of the photos I have taken can possibly do it justice.

Thank you so much to Durham Rose for sticking with me through this process. Even more so thanks to Faye. This would never have happened without her. I can't imagine any other jewellery company going through such an extended process for their customer. I was especially impressed because there was clearly quite a lot of learning during this process for them, as well, and they handled it all with such grace. The service I received was priceless and I would have no hesitation in using them again. They have my business for life.

In that regard - the next plan is the matching band and a spacer. :lol:

Absolutely stunning!! It’s spectacular!! Congratulations!!! Thank you for sharing your journey!!
Many blessings! Enjoy it in good health!!! I can’t wait to see the matching band!!! :kiss2:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! gorgeous and bright! Congrats on a stunning ring!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the reason I tell people from Australia and the UK to get rings made in the US, so you don't have to go through all of that, anyway congrats on a beautiful stone and your new ring.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful. Congratulations.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your beautiful new ring!:love::appl:

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning!! It’s spectacular!! Congratulations!!! Thank you for sharing your journey!!
Many blessings! Enjoy it in good health!!! I can’t wait to see the matching band!!! :kiss2:

Thanks! Yeah the matching band looks pretty awesome. I'm going to need to try it on first and such. And then definitely need some sort of spacer, which I'm currently not sure how to do. But we will see.

Wow! gorgeous and bright! Congrats on a stunning ring!

It's so bright and gorgeous! I know people bemoan British weather, but on a cloudy day this thing is just like a white white white bright glowing stone, it's like it has its own internal light production. Crazy.

This is the reason I tell people from Australia and the UK to get rings made in the US, so you don't have to go through all of that, anyway congrats on a beautiful stone and your new ring.

I thought very long and hard about going to the US, specifically to HPD and their workbench. Is it that they would have got the ring spot-on first time around? Maybe. However, as I said, there were many things I was pushing for initially that I think were just structurally a problem rather than a workbench problem. Although this journey has been painful at times, I have no regrets going with Durham Rose - the ring may not have been right initially, but they got there and they learnt a lot. We need some good places in the UK to use! :geek2:

I think there were many other things that additionally stopped me - pretty sure the things I wanted from a ring would have been significantly more expensive from HPD, and that's not even including tax/import tax etc. Additionally, I can feel somewhat at peace now that if I need something to be done to my ring, getting Durham Rose to work on it is easy and straightforward. If I had needed to get a ring from America serviced, or needed to send it back for any fine-tuning... what then? That was quite offputting. Definitely not insurmountable! But offputting. However, I would still be encouraging of other people going through the awesome workbenches that are reputable in America, etc.

It’s beautiful. Congratulations.

Thanks!

Congrats on your beautiful new ring!:love::appl:

Aww thank you very much.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, Beautiful ring!... :love::clap:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Was a long journey but had a happy ending for sure!

Congrats on your beautiful ring!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! It's really pretty! That was quite the journey. Glad you finally got what you wanted.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's a knockout! I love the classic setting and big and beautiful stone!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring! :love:
:love::love: So glad you finally have it back on your finger, you must be thrilled! Enjoy it!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Was a long journey but had a happy ending for sure!

Congrats on your beautiful ring!!

It was a super long journey but worth it! I think I appreciate it all the more.

Congratulations! It's really pretty! That was quite the journey. Glad you finally got what you wanted.

Thank you! Yes, it was, and I'm super glad I finally got all the things I wanted... even though I think starting out I maybe had no idea what I wanted!!! :lol:

She's a knockout! I love the classic setting and big and beautiful stone!

A knockout! I like that. To take it more literally, perhaps my very own knuckle-duster!!! Not that I encourage that sort of thing. I love how chunky but also classic this setting is. It makes it unusual but not too unusual. I'm grateful as well that I did end up choosing the 2 carat stone, and it definitely stands its own in a rather chunky setting. Adding metal at the base definitely made the setting more chunky, but I love that. I did initially battle with going larger but lower in colour because I'm very colour sensitive. There was no need to worry though, cut cut cut all the way, amazing how much that improved my colour tolerance!!!

What a gorgeous ring! :love:
:love::love: So glad you finally have it back on your finger, you must be thrilled! Enjoy it!

I am super thrilled! It's been worth the wait and Faye and Durham Rose have definitely bent over backwards for me during this long process, I am so grateful to her and to them.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring.:love: So glad you got the ring of your dreams and it was worth all the energy and time and hard work you put into it. Enjoy in health and blingy happiness.:appl:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone. Love the setting. I really like the head/prongs. Classic!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A knockout! I like that. To take it more literally, perhaps my very own knuckle-duster!!! Not that I encourage that sort of thing. I love how chunky but also classic this setting is. It makes it unusual but not too unusual. I'm grateful as well that I did end up choosing the 2 carat stone, and it definitely stands its own in a rather chunky setting. Adding metal at the base definitely made the setting more chunky, but I love that. I did initially battle with going larger but lower in colour because I'm very colour sensitive. There was no need to worry though, cut cut cut all the way, amazing how much that improved my colour tolerance!!!

"Knuckle-duster" -- yes, more apropos! :P2 I'm with you on the chunkier look. I was admiring my sister-in-law's setting last night, and her setting is quite similar to yours: strong prongs but not clunky. It's a proud, vintage look that's so timeless and elegant! :kiss2:

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring.:love: So glad you got the ring of your dreams and it was worth all the energy and time and hard work you put into it. Enjoy in health and blingy happiness.:appl:

Thank you! It was worth it yes. This ring is making such a difference to my mental well-being haha, it's so blingy and sparkly it is bringing me such joy!

Gorgeous stone. Love the setting. I really like the head/prongs. Classic!

Thank you! I spent a loooong time trying to figure out how to do the head for this ring. I kept saying to Faye... Straighter! Edgier! And we got there! :D

"Knuckle-duster" -- yes, more apropos! :P2 I'm with you on the chunkier look. I was admiring my sister-in-law's setting last night, and her setting is quite similar to yours: strong prongs but not clunky. It's a proud, vintage look that's so timeless and elegant! :kiss2:

Aww thank you, what a lovely thing to say. I have seen the occasional ring with proud straight prongs and hearts always come out of my eyes, so I knew I wanted this ring to be top heavy. I'm glad I've pulled it off so that's it's solid but not clunky! Thanks so much! :kiss2:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So perfect!!!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!!! Enjoy that blingy beauty- looks like a fireball!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results