shape
carat
color
clarity

Found this website after buying my diamond - Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lysa

Rough_Rock
I would like opinions on this diamond. I think it looks really nice and I like the size! Any opinions would be appreciated.Lab: GIA
Shape: Round
Carat Weight: 1.78
Color: G
Clarity: SI2
Is this a fair price: $8200.00
Certificate #:
Measurements: 7.63-7.69x4.78mm
Depth: 62.4%
Table: 58%
Crown:
Pavillion:
Girdle:SlightlyThick to Thick, Faceted
Culet: None,
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good
Fluorescence: None
Lab Comments: clouds are not shown

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Correction.William Hoefer is in San Jose.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Lysa,It would be good to have the numbers of course but it looks like you have a good deal.To be safe you might want to verify the stone with an expert. There are two professionals close to you: William D. Hoefer, San Diego or Cos Altobelli, North Hollywood.As for trade in, ask your jeweler for his trade in politics. Since he’s got your business he should give you the best trade in conditions.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi,
To be sure about your stone we need a Sarin report of the crown and pavilion angles.
Hwever it is very likely your stone has a combination of steep crown and deep pavilion angles.
The effect would be to create a dark and slightly dull area just within the table region, is this so?
If you have the right of return then act quickly. If not then at least the stone can be recut slightly lighter without falling below any critical weights like 1.50ct. It would probably need to loose about 1.78 down to 1.70ct to rate a score of less than 2.0 on the HCA system on this site.
Garry Holloway

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Lisa,Based only on GIA repor data the price looks excelent! Similar diamonds in the Internet cost about $9,100!Where did you find such great deal? In the local B&M store?As for the cut quality: the total depth is a little deep but without crown and pavilion angles it's impossible to say for sure whether it's good or bad. Could you get a Sarin report for it?Anyway, if there is any other hidden problems, the price is just great!
smile.gif

Lysa

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all your replies. I do not have a Sarin report, but I will try to get one. I was told that the cut was very good, but without the numbers I guess it is hard to tell. The jeweler was a friend of a friend and it was a local store. I know by looking at the diamond that the table region does not have any areas that are dark and dull, so I feel pretty good about that.What if I ever wanted to trade in for a better diamond. Is this really easy to do without losing a lot of money. I think if I could do it again I would go higher than SI2 clarity, even though everyone who sees my diamond says it is lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results