shape
carat
color
clarity

Found the setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pittsburgh66

Rough_Rock
I''ve decided to pair this Scott Kay setting with my 1.24-ct asscher that I asked about a few weeks back.

I''d like feedback, and thoughts on platinum vs. palladium. I can save $1000 on the e-ring setting alone by going palladium, which I know Scott Kay is really promoting. For me, that goes a long way.

scottkayfor1.24asscher.JPG

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
go for it!

it''s beautiful!

pittsburgh66

Rough_Rock
Forgot to mention that I''m getting split-prongs, which I think look great with Asschers.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went back to look at the stone & STILL LOVE IT!!! Gorgeous!

Couple questions about the setting ... are those princess cut stones? If so ... is there anyway to get that setting with channel set baguettes instead? Here''s why I wonder that: princess stones are VERY sparkly & have a differnt kinda "look" than asschers ... I wouldn''t want the SETTING to take away from the Asscher center! Keeping with clean, straight lines (like baguettes) might be safer.

As to the palladium vs. platinum. I''d MUCH prefer platinum. But ... man ... price out the matching wedding band now too. It might even go up MORE before the wedding. Yeesh!
Though - it''s something she''ll have forever ... platinum is much more time-tested than palladium (I think?).

You could always go back to the "temp" setting idea & choose the setting & band together later???

Anyway - congrats again on that sweet stone!!

pittsburgh66

Rough_Rock
Yes, those are channel-set princess sides.

That was setting was pretty much hand-selected by the FI-to-be (she liked two slight variations, one of which was wayyyyyy too expensive, but I found the setting with a combination of the features she liked, so it will still be somewhat of a surprise!). She suggested we go looking around at rings, and that''s the one she picked out. She decided that while she liked pave or round sidestones when we looked online, that in person she liked the look of the princess sides. Although I''m sure it still would''ve been well-received, thank goodness I didn''t go with the bead-set rounds like I was planning to do.

I''ll consider the input, and run it past the professionals involved.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 3:11:31 PM
Author: pittsburgh66
That was setting was pretty much hand-selected by the FI-to-be.

Just curious ... does she know the center stone will be an Asscher? And .. did she see that (or a similar setting) with an Asscher set into it?

Don''t wanna be a noodge .... maybe she saw that & loved it ... I don''t think I have seen an Asscher paired with princesses so it could be FAB! I just was thinking that liking two things seperately doesn''t always work out so well *together* ... but if she''s seen it, cool!

Can''t wait to see the final product. That stone would look great on a rubber band!!!
9.gif

pittsburgh66

Rough_Rock
Actually, she wants an Asscher, but has no idea that I already bought it. Somehow, I "guessed right", and the first time she saw an asscher (on blue nile), she LOVED it. I guess I know her taste pretty well, since that was what I was planning to buy for her.

She did see something similar set with an Asscher CZ in the store, so I think we''re in the clear. However, one of the runners-up was a Scott Kay with side bags, so if the channel-set bags are a possibility, I think they''d go over well with her.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely setting! I have a palladium/WG alloy ring and I am quite happy with it. It does not require rhodium plating and it has the silvery appearance of platinum. It''s a little lighter in weight than platinum, but that doesn''t bother me.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 3:35:56 PM
Author: pittsburgh66
She did see something similar set with an Asscher CZ in the store, so I think we''re in the clear.

Whew! I feel better then! HA ... have NO idea why I''m so "invested"
9.gif
I actually really like channel set princess stones & have a platinum cross pendant chock full of ''em. Love that gap-less "river o''bling" ...

PRETTY COOL that you guessed her as an Asscher-gal before she even saw them! That can only bode well for future wedded bliss
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Rob13

Rough_Rock
Awesome rings. My girlfriend wants Scott Kay too. She''s looking for pave, but the guy definitely does some great work in everything he does!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results