shape
carat
color
clarity

Found the setting!! Please help on options/price!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ff

Shiny_Rock
Hey Everyone! Finally, after looking at what must be a million rings
23.gif
, I found one that I know she''ll absolutely love!
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

It''s a Leo Ingwer and its suggested retail price is around $2500 with .54 TW semi-mount. I have all the stones already though (the setting is the last piece!!!) so what price should I expect from my jeweller for it without any stones. I''m not sure what the material is but I know that I want it in either 14k Paladium White Gold or possibly Platinum. She has metal allergies so I don''t want to take any chances.

Since the name brand is not important to me or my soon-to-be (hopefully!!!) fiancee, would it make more sense to have my jeweller make the same design from scratch? If so, what price should I expect as reasonable for that?

I appreciate any and all suggestions and comments!
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

Thanks!

Fred

IMG_7360croppedsmall.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi ff,

I would suggest calling or emailing a couple of jewelers to see what type of price they give you. IF the pricing is fairly consistant you can try to negotiate with your local jeweler if their pricing is a lot higher. i''d try Goodoldgold and/or Winfields (2 pricescope vendors) and see what type of price they give you. I''d try to purchase the setting already made, it will probably add to the cost to have to go custom plus, I personally would prefer purchasing a ready made setting if there is one than taking the hit or miss chance with custom.

ff

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Mrssalvo. I fired an email to 3 of the larger ones we always see mentioned and recommended on PS so I''ll see what they have to say.
21.gif

I agree I''d prefer to get the setting from Leo Ingwer but I know that sometimes, pricing on brand names can be double (or much much more) than what it would take to have it done custom from a respected place such as PS vendors who do not charge for their "brand name".
21.gif

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
ff...you mentioned that you already have all three stones. The thing with stock settings is that they are great IF the stones you have are close in size to what the stock settings are made for. This page on Nice Ice''s site provides a good explanation.

Hopefully your stones will fit well so you can avoid going custom.

ff

Shiny_Rock
Thanks cpster!

The center stone is definitely a done choice but for the side ones (sapphires) I actually have a few being held for me in the different sizes so will definitely find a pair that works with this particular ring.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results