shape
carat
color
clarity

Found the Diamonds, Where can I find the Setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ordieth

Rough_Rock
OK. I think I have figured out the 3 diamonds that I want to create my future wife''s engagement ring! Here they are.

Center:
0.82 ct G SI1 Round Ideal Cut
.82.JPG

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-136235.htm

Side 1:
0.333 ct G SI1 A Cut Above H&A
.333.JPG

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-114978.htm

Side 2:
0.338 ct G VS2 A Cut Above H&A

.338.JPG

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-1921.htm

And now, after all that searching, I have to find the "perfect" ring!
9.gif

I am looking for a "Three stone Trellis / Lucida" ring in platinum. I really enjoy a lot of the Leo Ingwer collection, but the website does not show me the side view of any rings, so I am unsure which ones are the style I am looking for.

I am looking for a ring similar to these two:
FFside.jpg
740_7_image.jpg

The first ring is a Leo Ingwer that was used in the creation of FF''s Ring, which can be seen here:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-done-thank-you-all-so-much.53198/

It is such a gorgeous ring!
30.gif

If anyone has any suggestions or rings of similar style that they would reccomend, I would love to see them!
30.gif

Thank you all so much!
35.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry, can''t help you on the setting, but I''m sure someone who can will be along. I just wanted to say I LOVE the one on the right.
30.gif

DBM

Shiny_Rock
I looked at an Ingwer catalog for you.

You either want 23TWP132 or 23TWP134

the 132 is a basket setting i believe and will sit lower than the 134.

the 134 is not exactly like your pic because there is no "cathedral" at all.. i'll see if i can get you pics

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why not have WF custom design a setting for you? They will do a nice job and are reasonably priced.

DBM

Shiny_Rock
just btw, do you really feel the need to have as sidestones G colors and VS2 on one of them. It''s not necessary to go to that degree to have the stones match and yoiu''re paying alot extra for it.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Vatche also makes a very nice trellis set 3 stone setting.

Ordieth

Rough_Rock
WOW. So many responses!
9.gif

Eleen, that''s the ring I wanted, but the jeweler wont sell it without his stones in it.
8.gif

DBM, Thank you so much! Those are the style I am looking for. However, I am unsure what you mean by "Cathedral" (sorry for my inexperience
33.gif
). I do like the idea of a setting that sits lower, like 132, less likely to catch on things.
9.gif
(My girlfriend tends to be a little careless
20.gif
). Thank you for the picture of 132, do you think the prongs would be too high? (or is that just how it looks be for the diamonds are set?
33.gif
). As for the VS2, I am sure that I can find a lesser diamond for less, but I was going for something that looked good, had the same shape, and kept the H&A properties of the other side stone. (but I haven''t bought them yet, so there is still some time to keep searching
31.gif
)

Kcoursolle, I have not really inquired to WF about custom designs because I was under the impression that those would cost a lot of money
22.gif
, and that if I could find the setting I wanted that was already molded, it would be cheaper and easier to get. However, that does not mean that the custom design is out of the question, just that I am more inclined to use it as a last resort.
21.gif

Gailrmv, I went to there site just now, you are right! I really like the 3 stone platinum #319. now I just have to figure out how the diamonds I chose would look in a setting like this, and if I can get the setting alone without the stones.... etc.
9.gif
. Thank you for the new options! I hope I get a lot more in this post!
9.gif

904-b.gif

Thank you all again!
35.gif

DBM

Shiny_Rock
DBM, Thank you so much! Those are the style I am looking for. However, I am unsure what you mean by ''Cathedral'' (sorry for my inexperience
33.gif
). I do like the idea of a setting that sits lower, like 132, less likely to catch on things.
9.gif
(My girlfriend tends to be a little careless
20.gif
). Thank you for the picture of 132, do you think the prongs would be too high? (or is that just how it looks be for the diamonds are set?
33.gif
). As for the VS2, I am sure that I can find a lesser diamond for less, but I was going for something that looked good, had the same shape, and kept the H&A properties of the other side stone. (but I haven''t bought them yet, so there is still some time to keep searching
31.gif
)
Cathedral is the little air space that''s in between the shank and the outermost prong...

the prongs are only high in the pic because it''s not set. the setter can make it high or low as you choose.

IMO whomever you''ll buy from should be given the job of providing the sidestones for two reasons
1. It''ll be cheaper :)
2. just because they''re all G colors and H&A doesn''t necessarily mean they match nicely together. it''s best to see them alongside each other loose to see how good of a match they''ll be. i don''t think they won''t match just that you don''t need to get certified stones and H&A in order to have them yes match....

why pay for a custom make when you already have the mold you like for less???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results