shape
carat
color
clarity

Found some bands...would like opinions please

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
Hi PSers!!! (I hope this is the right forum)

I have asked the question a couple times on what would look good with my e-ring. I have been looking online and have gone to the store to try different styles on. Unfortunately I don't have pictures of trying different ones on as I was on my lunch at the time.

I would like to get opinions on what would look best with my e-ring. I thank you in advance for you time. :)

Let me see if I can do another post with pictures of what options I found.

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
Here is the link for a band from WF...forgive me as I don't know how to post the picture only.

http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-bands/x-prong-channel-set-diamond-wedding-band-780.htm

Here is a link also from WF and the reason I like this one is because it looks like the matching 3 stone e-ring the setting seems to be similar prong wise not so much detail wise. I'll post my ring shortly.

http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-bands/coeur-de-clara-ashley-diamond-wedding-band-1292.htm

Here is another from James Allen, a channel set, non contoured.

http://www.jamesallen.com/wedding-and-anniversary/Ladies-Diamond-Rings/ring/item_493-8402.asp

http://www.jamesallen.com/wedding-and-anniversary/Ladies-Diamond-Rings/ring/item_493-8414.asp

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I honestly like plain metal bands best with a 3 stone ring. Yssie's set comes to mind. Your e-ring is beautiful!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a five stone shared prong with mine that I love. It doesn't compete with the three stone.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have a Tiffany's near you? I'd recommend going in there and trying on bands with your e-ring to see which you like best. They have a nice selection of styles so you can really get a good idea of what will work. I personally am not a fan of curved bands but that really is a personal preference. If budget allows I'd go for a maybe a shared prong band with 3 pointers and a tiny spacer and a plain metal band!! But if you are only getting one I really do love the look of a plain band next to a 3 stone..

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I like plain bands also with 3-stones, but I also like thin (2 mm) eternity bands that look like a band of diamonds, with little metal, and sit flush. The simpler the better, as to not detract from the 3-stone, which is a more complex look than a solitaire or single stone halo. Out of the 3 you posted, I like the 2nd one best because it has the least metal. I agree with the post that you should try a bunch on.

Here's a thread with 3-stones and eternity bands.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/three-stone-e-rings-with-eternity-wedding-bands.23249/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/three-stone-e-rings-with-eternity-wedding-bands.23249/[/URL]

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I like plain bands with 3-stone rings. However if you want some more 'bling' maybe a thin channel set or bead set band? or shared-prong band (but make sure you get a spacer)

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I also like a plain band with a 3-stone but I think a thin channel-set band would look nice. I'm not a fan of curved bands and the James Allen ones look like they have a "tall" profile. I would suggest Facets for a nice channel-set band, its where I got my 2.3 mm band from (which I still need to post) and the band is perfect. The quality of diamonds is good and the bands sit nice and low. Their prices aren't bad either.

http://thefacetscollection.com/Channel-set_Round_Diamonds_Page1.htm

ETA: I would definitely take the advice of mrssalvo and go try some different styles on with your ring before you make your final purchase.

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
Thank you ladies!!!!

Yes I do plan to try bands on before purchasing. I thought since I found some I would get a census of what might look better than others. I've never heard of spacers...is it just a really thin band or how can I find a spacer? Just ask or maybe I'll google it. Any ones that are better than others that you recommend?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
a spacer is just a really thin band that is worn to protect your rings from rubbing together. this is only an issue if the girdles of the diamond are exposed (shared prong settings are an example of this). you can find some on etsy for pretty cheap...if you do a search I think you will find links to where people have bought spacer bands

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
Thanks slg47!!! I have been on etsy many times since I am in the process of planning my wedding. I will for sure check it out on my lunch. :)

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I have a 3 stone RHR (it was my ering then we upgraded) and I wore both a plain wg band and a 5 stone with it, but my 3 stone had side ceylon saphires, so I'm not so sure I would have liked the 5 stone if the 3 stone had been all diamonds.

I think that when you try rings on in person you will just know which ring best suits you, your lifestyle and your ering. Really, I don't think the process is going to be as painful as you imagine! ;)) Good Luck, and can't wait for pics!!

luckky

Shiny_Rock
OMG...Daimond Only your ring is so pretty :love: especially the proportion of the stone look so perfect between the center stone and side stones! If you don't mind to share the spec please? Thank you in advance :)

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
Luckky...he only shared that the center is .75 and the sides are .25s. He picked out the setting himself and the stones. :). He won't show me anything else but the color and clarity which I think the center SI maybe I and color is G. I thunk same goes for sides. I wish I knew and had more for you but I don't. :(. Sorry. I still don't even know how much it cost but that is fine. He did an awesome job. ;-)

And yes I do think that when I go try wedding bands on I'll know. :). Today I have a much much better idea of what I want. Thanks to you ladies!!! I am highly considering a spacer then my wedding band.

I'm on the right track.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a pretty ring DiamondsOnly! The almost pipe-cut shank is not something we usually see :sun:

I think a channel-set coloured stone band would be a lovely complement to the squarish cross section of the band, if you think you'd like colour - something like this

capture.png
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360374845887&hlp=false

Or, if you want diamonds, something like these?

This one with a thinner band more in proportion to your Ering, I love the square profile and the super thin string of diamonds - would have them go all the way 'round though, and go for a polished finished rather than brushed

a1.png

Or perhaps the same idea as above, only have the diamond string offset to one side, so it's only one one side like this one -

A3.png

I like this one too -

A2.png

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
Yssie...where can I find more of the bands you posted?

Thank you for the compliment. :). He did such an awesome job!

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
I have a three stone ring as well, and the shank is similar to yours--kind of squareish, although my stones are Asschers. I've tried things on in jewelry stores, but the best thing with it is my plain 2mm band, or wearing it alone as my fingers are short. I have a round bezel band alternating sapphires and diamonds as a right hand ring that I sometimes wear with it.

I like Yessie's suggestion of either something with color (that's what I'd like to do too :)) or something with a thin row of diamonds.

Here are some pictures just for hoots and giggles.

From palm, sapphire/diamond eternity, plain band, three stone.
all3left.jpg

Three stone by itself.
asscheralone.jpg

Maybe you could get a plain band for now, and something blingy for an anniversary down the road.

I agree with everyone else who suggested trying on a bunch of bands to figure out what looks best. Have fun looking!

BoulderGal

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DiamondsOnly|1309577922|2960391 said:
Yssie...where can I find more of the bands you posted?

Thank you for the compliment. :). He did such an awesome job!

I actually just searched google images for men's bands (I didn't post the links because some of the vendors looked a little - sketchy). Men's bands are usually square and bold and I'm thinking something like that would look fabulous next to your very feminine but also square-shanked Ering :sun:

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
Christina...|1309567025|2960292 said:
I have a 3 stone RHR (it was my ering then we upgraded) and I wore both a plain wg band and a 5 stone with it, but my 3 stone had side ceylon saphires, so I'm not so sure I would have liked the 5 stone if the 3 stone had been all diamonds.

I think that when you try rings on in person you will just know which ring best suits you, your lifestyle and your ering. Really, I don't think the process is going to be as painful as you imagine! ;)) Good Luck, and can't wait for pics!!

I'm getting married next year June 2012 so I will be sure to post pictures once I get the band and professional pictures. I'm so excited to be getting married in beautiful LV!

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
Where can I find a canary channel set band? Not an eternity but half eternity? I love canaries!! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results