shape
carat
color
clarity

found old wedding band!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone-my mom had a bag of old gold things she was going to sell and I found an old wedding band in it. It is stamped 18k and has engraving (orange blossom?) and very fine milgrain. The gold color is a creamy color...perhaps unplated or worn out white gold? it has an engraving, CCR to ME 3-10-23 (or at least I think that's what it says...will look at it with a loupe later!)

anyway it fits me perfectly so I will keep it! will post pics later...was excited to find it!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's a neat story! Maybe you'll learn who the 2 people were and the ring will have even more meaning for you. Wear it in good health and happiness!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
thanks Enerchi! I don't think it is anyone in my family...I think my mom just found it somewhere?? she said she had had it for a long time.

anyway, here are pics!

you can see the engraving is pretty worn...but the milgrain looks excellent
weddingband1.jpg

the year...does it look like 23??
wbanddate.jpg

ETA more pics...
with my ring
wband2.jpg

wband3.jpg

wband4.jpg

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I love the band! :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
thanks armywife! i love it too, can't believe it is my size :) it appears to be very well made...I wonder how these old bands were made? the milgrain is very very fine.

now I just need an old e-ring to go with it :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sig, that's really beautiful!! Wow, what a find!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That's very nice & looks great with your e-ring! Cool find.

Re: finding the original owners -- hard when you have only initials but would be fun to know. I have several estate pieces & love wearing something someone else loved. Kind of like being its steward. In that vein, I have an elegant small sterling bowl that was my grandmother's; she probably picked it up at an antique or estate shop in NYC where they lived. It is engraved with a boy's name which I've forgotten, and "from his godmother, Helen Fidelia Draper, Seneca Falls NY" and a date in the teens or 20s. I looked them up on the internet & her husband owned a factory of some sort & she did much charity work. The baby eventually went to Yale & became a doctor. It is really cool to know & I think of good old Helen every time I polish her pretty bowl. Maybe the recipient's family sold it when he died, who knows. After me, I hope someone else will take care of it.

--- Laurie

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love the band with your ring. its a very nice look!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love it!

cheers--Sharon

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that is really pretty!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie - thank you! I think I will keep it as an 'alternate' wedding band (hey, this is PS...right??) maybe sometime in the future I will find another vintage band to stack with it.

canuk-gal, diamondrnglover, junebug - thank you!

JewelFreak-that is so cool that you were able to research the original owners of the bowl! I do not think this is from anyone in my family...I think maybe my mom found it when running one day or something? she said she has had it for maybe 25+ years so really not sure. I was very surprised to find it!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty band! Inherited and gifted jewelry is so neat because it opens us up to items we would not have purchased ourselves.

ramankumar

Rough_Rock
Very Nice picture........i love this band very much

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Wasn't "Orange Blossom" a brand name?

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Danny, yes.Orange blossom was a brand name for a larger company but i cant remember which one.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yes Danny you are correct...after I posted that I realized it was a name of a brand not a style of engraving!

jamesdiamonds

Rough_Rock
I love diamond band. I want to buy some special wedding band for my wedding. And I found from liori diamonds. It has very nice collection of diamond wedding bands.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
great band!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results