shape
carat
color
clarity

Found great stone at B&M, but same specs on websites online?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Beansy

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

I went to Jared (I know, I know...don''t say it) and found a really pretty square emerald. I have a copy of the GIA cert in front of me, and while doing a search to get an online price comparason, I found 2 other websites with the EXACT specs. (Whiteflash and Abazias)

Does this mean that all three places are referring to the same stone, or is it just a coincidence that EVERTHING matches?

I would like to know b/c if it''s the same stone, I want to buy online.

Thanks all.

diamondnovice

Shiny_Rock
Did Jared actually have the stone on hand or just the cert? The reason I ask is that multiple vendors have access to the same dealers. This may be the case as to why they have the same stones listed as the one at Jared. Also, the vendor who gets to the dealer first, gets the stone.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is correct
1.gif

It is common for stones to be out on memo sitting in a store and still owned by the cutter or dealer, and stll be listed on the dealers data base. Or the stone has been sold and the dealer wants people to think he has a much bigger inventory etc.

The B&M has the voucher
1.gif

Beansy

Shiny_Rock
Hmmmmmm, very interesting.

I guess I'll have to contact the online vendors to see if it may be the same stone.

So, there is some larger vendor/cutter that technically owns the stones, and lends them out to jewelers at a customer's request?

diamondnovice

Shiny_Rock
Basically, yes.

For instance, I bought 2 RBs from Dirt Cheap Diamonds to make into a pair of earrings. Dirt Cheap had to call the dealer (luckily both stones were from the same dealer) to make sure they both were available and arrange to have them shipped to my appraiser. The stones were not technically "bought" until my appraiser inspected and endorsed them and I wired money to Dirt Cheap.

Hope this helps.
wavey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results