shape
carat
color
clarity

found a stone - please advise

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

avs

Rough_Rock
Hi,
Found one in my price range :

1.44 C, H/SI-1

depth 60.8
table 56
crown angle 34.6
pavillion angle 40.7

quoted for $7,635

The only ''thing'' that bothers me a little is clarity - SI-1? Question: would I be able to see inclusions with naked eye? What do you think about the price?

Thank you.

justme

Shiny_Rock
You maybe able to see the inclusions depending ...

Check out this link for clarity grading info

http://www.goodoldgold.com/si1-si2-.htm

Hope it helps

Justme

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You might be able to see the inclusion. If its graded as an Si-1 should be, you should not be able to see it with the naked eye. My SI-1 is completely eye clean. I've gone into some jewelery stores recently & of course the salespeople always ask to see it.
2.gif
Well, a couple of them asked me what the clarity is as it was so "clear" that they couldnt tell. I told them an SI-1, in which they said it was a nice one. Then they took the loop (they always bring out a loop haha) & saw the inclusion. So, its there, it can be seen with a loop, but to the naked eye, no way. Unless you have eyes like a hawk, maybe. Just be sure that the inclusions are white, not black so that should give you an edge in regards to the inclusions. For us the SI-1 worked out well. Why pay for something you cant see? We got a larger stone, & thats something I can see.
appl.gif

Judy
:)

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 2/21/2003 11:48:23 AM avs wrote:
Hi,
Found one in my price range :

1.44 C, H/SI-1

depth 60.8
table 56
crown angle 34.6
pavillion angle 40.7

quoted for $7,635

The only 'thing' that bothers me a little is clarity - SI-1? Question: would I be able to see inclusions with naked eye? What do you think about the price?

Thank you.

----------------
Hi, AVS:

You have learned well! Ha....I just love a success story!

About the SI-1......as long as it's eye-clean to the naked eye, don't sweat it. You can have it sent to an appraiser for evaluation right from the vendor if that would give you peace of mind. You'll likely need the appraisal anyway for insurance, and the only additional cost is shipping. I guarantee that cost is a drop in the bucket compared to what you almost donated to BB&B.

Good luck finding the right stone for you!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Who graded this diamond? AGS or GIA? The diamond, being over a carat, could have slightly visible inclusions... Why don't you ask the seller if he/she can see the inclusions? Also, the plot of the stone could help us... If the grade-setter inclusion (the first listed in the key to symbols) is a cloud, probably you won't be able to see it. The location of the inclusions is very important too. Can you post a copy of the cert???

Giangi
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results