shape
carat
color
clarity

found a pic of bagillion next to baguette

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icelovr

Shiny_Rock
I think this pic. helps to see the difference in the cuts...they make them tapered too...I think they are so much more lively than baguettes...

ad9100.jpg

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Hi icelvr...

If they are the stones inlaid in the first two rows of the illustration, they rather remind me of tiny radiants, rather than bagettes.

JMO.

win

icelovr

Shiny_Rock
Hi Win -
I agree - I am looking for something to put in a 3 stone - at the end of the setting. One jeweler suggester baguettes - but I fear they will be too dead. I started searching and found these - how do you think they would look in a setting like this...with a 2ct center?...baguettes or bagillions? - or neither is ok too

glastonbury setting2.jpg

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
My ering setting has rounds next to the center and baguettes next to those. I like the look a lot. The baguettes are definitely not sparkly, but they have a good cut with a lot of light return, so they never look dead, very bright. I do keep the ring clean, though. The jeweler warned me that baguettes will look really bad when dirty. I think they add just the right amount of 'finish' to my ring, so that it doesn't look like a typical 3-stone ring (I had that look and it just didn't suit me).
10.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Icelovr,

As Win remarked, I think the bagillion does look like small radiant cuts. Very pretty, but I don't know if the tapered version would look as nice as the rectangle. Like Caratgirl, I also have baguettes (tapered) and if they are kept really clean, then they have a lot of fire to them and are quite beautiful the way they reflect light like a prism.

I love the second setting you posted. Could you tell me who is the maker? It is very pretty!

Thanks and good luck!

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
I like the "bagillions" or small radiants better than the baguettes. The setting you posted is very lovely, and I think it would look great with the radiants. I've seen a lot of settings like that *with* baguettes so the radiants would be a great alternative for a less common look.
If you are unsure, getting the radiants much just be a safer route to go, as just about everyone loves that kind of sparkle. Just my thoughts, hope this helps. Enjoy deciding!
1.gif

icelovr

Shiny_Rock
I'm not really sure who makes it - I found it at solomonbrothers.com SKU #84005...I like that it's different, but not trendy - not a basket setting, but not goofy frilly either...decisions...decisions...baguettes..bagillions..baguettes... bagillions...maybe i will ask the jeweler to get both in and compare them - is that to obnoxious?

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 3/7/2004 11:48:51 AM icelovr wrote:

either...decisions...decisions...baguettes..bagillions..baguettes... bagillions...maybe i will ask the jeweler to get both in and compare them - is that to obnoxious?----------------

Icelovr,

I don't think that is too obnoxious at all! I would want to see for myself and compare also!
2.gif

Griffin

Shiny_Rock
Anything that takes the place of a baguette has my vote! Nasty, dead looking things they are.

In my opinion as a designer, the best location for a baguette is on another firms ring....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results