shape
carat
color
clarity

Found a lump...

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hoping that the results are benign and your mind is put to ease. Sending lots of dust for good results!!
What a loss of faith I would have at the hospital in the future. That just seems like too much of a coincidence what your dh over heard and your theft. :angryfire: Makes me furious if someone is taking advantage of people at their most vulnerable time.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
While nothing of mine went missing, I did have to hand over my driver's license and insurance card and got them back only after having my tests done. Now I'm worried -- could my identity have been stolen too, in addition to my credit card info being used. How do I even check for that other than monitoring my credit score?

I'm happy that the testing is over for you and wishing you the best of news. Did you put a credit freeze on with the three credit companies so that no one can get a new credit card in your name? I think that is free, but there are also upgrades. And call all your credit card companies and they should be able to cancel your cards and send new ones, as well as put a fraud alert on your accounts. They will call or text you if there is unusual activity.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@RunningwithScissors thank you for taking the time to update us. Glad to hear you got all your testing and imaging done. That can be quite nerve racking.

Sorry to hear someone tried to rip you off. I think you’ve got some good advice already. I’d cancel cards and have new ones issued. Also setup alerts when purchases over $X are made. Put freeze alerts on your credit profiles. Also I would talk with the hospital and make them aware of the issue and also about what your husband overheard. If they have untrustworthy people they need to know, take accountability and measures to find & fire those employee(s).

You staying strong mentally? I saw this and got a laugh. Remember, it’s all about perspective. Even the worst days have silver linings. :cool2:

E2C8C762-8B8D-4FE4-82EC-3537578C1208.jpeg

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
@RunningwithScissors, hoping nothing serious comes back from your results, and it is something that can easily be dealt with. The identity theft is a pain! Thank goodness your credit card company is discarding all charges! Continuous prayers for good outcome! In the meantime…don’t worry, be happy

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
<3 Hello dear RunningwithScissors!
I rarely look at this particular forum but I happened to look today and I'm so so sorry you are going through this. Waiting is the hardest part but try and keep positive as most times nothing is wrong. I know it's easy to say and much harder to do.
We are all thinking of you with love and be well wishes in our hearts.<3

Bravissimo

Shiny_Rock
My mom who lived in GA had the same thing happen after being in the hospital but with checks from Truist bank. Be sure to double check your bank statements on line and be sure no monkey business with your bank accounts. Some banks won’t stop charges if it’s been 60 days or more since the fraud happened!!!

Also I recall you saying you had acne. Hers hoping this is just a big cyst. Also I am pretty sure no news is good news on the radiology front.

Fingers crossed and prayers!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
@RunningwithScissors thank you for taking the time to update us. Glad to hear you got all your testing and imaging done. That can be quite nerve racking.

Sorry to hear someone tried to rip you off. I think you’ve got some good advice already. I’d cancel cards and have new ones issued. Also setup alerts when purchases over $X are made. Put freeze alerts on your credit profiles. Also I would talk with the hospital and make them aware of the issue and also about what your husband overheard. If they have untrustworthy people they need to know, take accountability and measures to find & fire those employee(s).

You staying strong mentally? I saw this and got a laugh. Remember, it’s all about perspective. Even the worst days have silver linings. :cool2:

E2C8C762-8B8D-4FE4-82EC-3537578C1208.jpeg

I think this is going to be my new motto for life!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for the support. And good advice for putting freezes on my credit, I will get on that right away.

Some of these posts cracked me up! Love @foxinsox 's "rashes in delicate places" -- ha ha!!

Y'all are the best!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
On a "something to look forward to" note, I received a ship date for my holy grail tennis bracelet from WF -- the setting is taking a little longer than expected. I won't share the exact date b/c it involves a little travel, but I'm super excited its not too far away! This project has been in the works for several years. I've collected each an every little tiny diamond going into the bracelet, often one at a time.

(Pic of me the night before I took a giant bag o' loose diamonds to Whiteflash to set -- this shows just 17 of the total 30 I collected...)

Final Prep for Delilah 1 web ready small.jpg

Sparklies do give enormous pleasure, delight and wonder. I don't we should feel guilty for liking them. I was listening to a science podcast recently that I highly recommend, its called Hidden Brain. Anyway, they did a series of episodes about cultivating happiness. There are many aspects to happiness of course, like social connections and a sense of purpose in one's work and life. But science has also shown the importance of having "delight" and "wonder" in our lives. Experiencing a feeling of "awe" is incredibly good for us. I believe gazing at our sparklies can be a small but also constant source of delight and wonder and even awe. So, sparklies can be physically and emotionally good for us if we enjoy them and handle them in a healthy way (not be addicted to them, or use them as a crutch, but simply delight in wearing them or enjoy the process of researching them/designing them/hunting for them, etc.)

So wear your sparklies in good health and happiness! I know I will!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On a "something to look forward to" note, I received a ship date for my holy grail tennis bracelet from WF -- the setting is taking a little longer than expected. I won't share the exact date b/c it involves a little travel, but I'm super excited its not too far away! This project has been in the works for several years. I've collected each an every little tiny diamond going into the bracelet, often one at a time.

(Pic of me the night before I took a giant bag o' loose diamonds to Whiteflash to set -- this shows just 17 of the total 30 I collected...)

Sparklies do give enormous pleasure, delight and wonder. I don't we should feel guilty for liking them. I was listening to a science podcast recently that I highly recommend, its called Hidden Brain. Anyway, they did a series of episodes about cultivating happiness. There are many aspects to happiness of course, like social connections and a sense of purpose in one's work and life. But science has also shown the importance of having "delight" and "wonder" in our lives. Experiencing a feeling of "awe" is incredibly good for us. I believe gazing at our sparklies can be a small but also constant source of delight and wonder and even awe. So, sparklies can be physically and emotionally good for us if we enjoy them and handle them in a healthy way (not be addicted to them, or use them as a crutch, but simply delight in wearing them or enjoy the process of researching them/designing them/hunting for them, etc.)

Indeed - when I am low and need a pick me up, I have a look at my jewellery collection and it always makes me feel better afterwards.

Can't wait to see you finished tennis bracelet as it will be awesome!

DK :))

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Indeed - when I am low and need a pick me up, I have a look at my jewellery collection and it always makes me feel better afterwards.

Can't wait to see you finished tennis bracelet as it will be awesome!

DK :))

And seeing YOUR beautiful collection on PS picks up my spirits too!

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
All of what @missy and @sledge said, and also put alerts on to notify you when the card is used without you being there. It will alert you even if you use it online, but you'll know quickly if it's a charge you didn't make Someone got my debit card number several years ago, and since then I get alerts for anything over $15, and the alerts for not being present for purchases. I'm the most alerted person I know, lol - emails to both my email addresses and texts to my phone.

Still hoping for the best, and assuming that's what will be, with your scans.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hoping that the results are benign and your mind is put to ease. Sending lots of dust for good results!!
What a loss of faith I would have at the hospital in the future. That just seems like too much of a coincidence what your dh over heard and your theft. :angryfire: Makes me furious if someone is taking advantage of people at their most vulnerable time.

+ a billion.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am sorry the contrast media made you sick--moving forward, very important this is on your list of allergies. And FWIW I don't mind MRI tube either...it almost puts me to sleep. LOL.

I look forward to seeing your new treasure!!!!!!!!! VERY exciting journey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Thinking of you RWS. And I CAN NOT wait to see your HG bracelet!

Bravissimo

Shiny_Rock
Oh if you end up needing more imaging w/contrast they likely will pretreat you w/benedryl and you will need a ride home from those appointments so plan accordingly or at least ask them.

Also can’t wait to see the bracelet!!! Yay!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Now that is my idea of a beautiful tablescape!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Following your journey and sending you the very best vibes for a positive outcome. And I'd be a nervous Nellie taking all those diamonds to Whiteflash - can't wait to see your treasure.

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
Hello my lovely, generous PS family!

Sorry I haven't checked in earlier, its been a weird week. I have read all of your kind well wishes. Thank you, they are really cheering me on.

I had a long afternoon of testing and imaging on Tuesday (4 hours - yikes!) I'm still waiting but haven't heard any results yet. The hospital complex where I had my tests/imaging done told me they would contact my GP with results in 1-2 days, but GP and I are still waiting. He's been calling, but no response from the radiologist yet.

I have no problem crawling into MRI tubes, and I kinda like the weird noises (sounds like techno dance music LOL), so the actual imaging part was fine, easy peasy. But I HATE anything to do with blood drawing/IVs. I've never had a contrast CT scan before, so I had no idea how they did it. I had to get a bunch of bloodwork first and then wait with an IV hanging out of my arm for a really loooong time. Then I had a bad reaction to the contrast dye they put in me. I won't bore you with the details, but I felt like I'd been hit by lightning, (way more than "just a little warmth" which is what they told me to expect beforehand) and a few hours afterwards I got sick and couldn't keep food down for 24 hours afterwards. And everything tasted like coconut for two days (a weird symptom I can find any mention of even in dark murky world of Google). Thankfully it has all passed now and I feel fine again.

And...the kicker...about three hours after I left the hospital center, someone went on a joy ride with my credit card. While I don't know for certain, I believe my data was stolen at the hospital. I hardly ever use that credit card, and whomever stole the info was likely local b/c the places they charged were all in-state. Thankfully my credit card company is awesome, and they were on it fast, so I don't owe anything. Also, while my dear husband was waiting for me in the imaging center's waiting area for four hours, he watched two different elderly couples come in and tell the receptionist that their medicare cards went missing while they having their tests done the previous day. Somethings stinks.

While nothing of mine went missing, I did have to hand over my driver's license and insurance card and got them back only after having my tests done. Now I'm worried -- could my identity have been stolen too, in addition to my credit card info being used. How do I even check for that other than monitoring my credit score?

Anyway, that's it in a nutshell. No news yet, but thankfully the tests are behind me.

Love you all! Thanks again for your kind messages. This is such a wonderful, caring community. I'll let you know when I hear results.

Praying for good news for you
So glad to see you are enjoying your sparkly things and keeping a positive mindset, even with the credit card situation.

I agree that you, or your husband perhaps as you have enough stress at the moment, should report to hospital management what happened and what was witnessed as well regarding the theft(s).
Absolutely terrible to think that happens in a hospital. The elderly couples could really be in a bind and without healthcare until their situation is resolved. Makes me sad all around and I hope that by reporting you could prevent more victimization.

Stay in good spirits and keep us posted!
I was wondering too if you name your jewelry, if you have perhaps come up with a name for your tennis bracelet currently in design?
A special name is in order I would say : )
Something protective or spiritual in nature, Angelica comes to mind <3

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! Im sorry you are going through this! i never come onto hangout, i always forget its here. I am hoping it is something benign. I had a lump that needed to be surgically removed, and the not knowing is scarier than anything. When you know you can deal. I will be thinking of you and hoping its nothing serious!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@RunningwithScissors -

Two weeks today since your biopsy - any news? Please don't feel you have to share anything you don't want to talk about - I just want you to know I've been counting off the days with you in my head and hoping all is well.

<3

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey @RunningwithScissors, just checking back in on you. Hope all is going well and you are making some progress. No pressure to share. Just wanted to let you know myself and others are still rooting for you in this journey.

In case you are running low on motivation...

33dcb8c6c48cedc990e2b14966251a07.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results