shape
carat
color
clarity

Found a Diamond - looking for some expert feeback plz!

d2choi

Rough_Rock
Hello, I've been search for a engagement ring for my girlfriend for the past month or so. I must say PriceScope has given lots of valuable information and advice and I am forever thankful to this community. I'm currently looking at purchasing a diamond from BlueNile. I've done my search on table %, depth %, crown/pavilion angles etc.. since Bluenile does not have images of their ideal diamonds to see. Here are the specs on the diamond, what does everyone think, is this a good diamond?

----------------------------------------------

Carat: 1.4
Cut: Ideal
Colour: H
Clarity: VS2
Depth %: 62.4
Table %: 54
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Girdle med to slightly thick
Culet: none
fluorescence: none
Measurements: 7.16 x 7.20 x 4.48 mm

Using the provided HCA on pricescope:

Light Return: excellent
fire: excellent
Scintillation: very good
spread: very good
total visual perf: 1.5

Price: $11,463

-------------------------------

Also, I spoke with a BlueNile rep and was looking at this 1.55k ($11 744) - http://www.bluenile.com/ca/diamond-search?track=NavDiaSea#diamonds_pid=LD03039314
and was surprised to learn that even though it is an SI1 - the gemologist/cutter (where the diamond is housed) said there was a eye visible inclusion on it. After hearing that I took this one off my list. She assured me that anything VS and up, would have no eye visible inclusion (will be eye clean).

FYI, i've done searches on other sites such as White Flash, GOG, etc.. but I found that BlueNile had what i wanted in my price range:
Max for loose diamond (up to $12,000). Also I live in Ontario Canada so I don't feel GOG, and other jewelers mentioned on this site are realistic for me unless I fly out there.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
HCA is a rejection tool only, while it's great that it scored well, it doesn't guarantee that you are purchasing a well performing stone. Blue Nile has a large selection but the fact that can't provide any additional information on the stone rules them out for me personally. Have you contacted Brian Gavin Diamonds, White Flash or GOG and discussed your requirements and budget with them? They can often locate diamonds and call them in to assess for you. This would offer me the security I would need to purchase a stone sight un-seen.
BTW What are the crown and pavilion angles of the stone you posted?

d2choi

Rough_Rock
Crown Angle 34 deg
Pav Angle 41 deg
Pav Depth 43.5%
Crown Depth 15.5%
Girdle 3.5%

I understand what you are saying, but from my research about what an ideal/excellent diamond should be - I think this is pretty good for proportion, etcc... Of course I am no expert and no I have not contacted WhiteFlash, GOG or Brian Gavin. But maybe I will see what WhiteFlash has to offer again tomorrow.

d2choi

Rough_Rock
diamond_22.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results