shape
carat
color
clarity

Fossil Watch Engraved?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

what2do

Rough_Rock
I wanted to get my guy a certain Fossil watch that he liked. Thing is I want to have something engraved on the back, he will be coming home from being deployed for about 15 months in Iraq and I would like to make it special for him. I was just wondering, can you engrave something on the back of a Fossil watch? I thought maybe they already has their own embelishing on the back of their watches but I can''t remember. Also, is it possible to find someone to do that anyway, like just take a watch you buy and have them engrave it?

Any input is greatly appreciated!
9.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yeah, there''s some writing on the back of fossils. you should be able to get it done somewhere on the bracelet.

what2do

Rough_Rock
any recommendations of another watch manufacturer? It doesn''t have to be Fossil, he just liked a certain one that they made.

Also, what would I look for say in the phone book as far as finding someone who does engraving on jewelry?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m not a huge fan of Fossil... definitely keep the receipt in a safe place for the 11-year warranty. The crystal will get scratched up if you''re an active person, and I dropped mine once from a table to floor, and the needles became misaligned. I shouldn''t expect it to survive a big fall, I guess... Also, the bracelet clasp came undone on me and I lost it in a parking lot (I got it back) and then I think that''s how I ultimately lost it.

I''d go for a Citizen.

Can you post a picture of the one he likes?

what2do

Rough_Rock
here it is....it''s not really meant to be an everday watch, just like something he can use for dress..

FS4131.jpg

I never really looked into Citizen watches, I guess I don''t know much about them and when I hear that I think Timex lol

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, if it's a dress watch, then that's a nice option, and good that it won't get used too much. I like Fossil style.

Sport, but still nice: http://www.overstock.com/?page=proframe&prod_id=834944

There are more Invictas on the Overstock site that are around the same price as a Fossil.

what2do

Rough_Rock
I acutally looked that the Citizen website and found one that was similar to this Fossil watch I showed you so I might go that route, I found one on ebay that showed the back and it seemed they have writing on their watches also, but I''m am thinking that there is plenty of room on the clasp to put some engraving. I guess really what I would have to do is look in the yellow pages and find someone who does that kind of stuff. I really do like thaa Fossil watch though, the blue hands I feel are what really make it look nice.

But thanks! You have given me some great advice!
9.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I got my boyfriend an ESQ and it''s a lot nicer than the fossil watch I own. It was only about $150 from Amazon and he loves it. It looks great on him, very comfy and light plus it doesn''t scratch and he''s very hard on watches. ESQ is the lower end of the Movado brand, like Honda vs. Acura.

It looks kind of like this one.

B000EJPAM0.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V57312995_.jpg

Amazon has other ESQ models as well. All the guys I know wear them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results