shape
carat
color
clarity

Forth & Towne?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I remember hearing a while ago that the Gap Inc. was adding a new "brand" to their fashion empire. Didn''t think much of it until I got a postcard in the mail recently inviting me to visit the new store in my neighborhood mall (and get 15% off my purchase). It looks like they have expanded pretty quickly and just opened a ton of stores in many markets- L.A, SFO, San Jose, Atlanta, Seattle, Houston, and others.

I checked out the website to find out more about this particular line of stores, as I''m a Banana Republic fan and wanted to know how they differ. Well, they''re targeting "a new generation of grown-up women", with "a unique shopping experience".

Their collections look interesting (Prize is my favorite): http://www.forthandtowne.com/#0.1

Has anyone ever been to their stores? Share your shopping story!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
They just opened a store here in Houston at our Galleria. I got an e-mail announcing it and then looked through their web site. I saw a dress I had to have. It''s the dress they use in all their ads. A black, square neck short sleeve, fitted waist. Well, I visited the store about 1 week after they opened and they told me the dress was their hottest seller and there was a national wait list for it. Geez! But I didn''t care, I wanted it, so on the list I went!
They called me last week, the dress was in and did I want it? Duh!! Yes, they shipped it out to me, no charge. I will keep it, but it doesn''t quite look like their ad. By the way, the name of the dress is "Cosmo".

I did try on some of their pants, I wasn''t impressed. I wear a size 4 and need about a 34" inseam if I want to wear heels. None of their pants would work. Some of their leg styles were wide and floppy. And I think the price on 1 pair was around 118.00. Now at BR, I would pay that, but the quality here wasn''t that good.

They did have some nice things and I will check everytime I''m in the Galleria, but I think it will be hit or miss.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
interesting, i hadn''t heard of the new fashion division. i did get info on their new shoe division ''paperlime''

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bummer, Philadelphia isn''t on the list
11.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are a couple here in the Chicagoland area by me...I haven''t been to a store yet, but have browsed their collections online. I''m more of a Gap shopper. I love their basics, like turtlenecks and jeans for winter, plus they carry tall sizes, which I need, but only online, so I tend to only shop online for those sizes. I don''t think Forth and Towne carries talls, but I could be mistaken...I will have to check the website again. I do think their offerings are very reasonably priced for the age group they are marketing to, that''s for sure.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
One of their stores is opening up next week nearby a mall I shop at. For some reason, I got mixed up and thought the company was a branch of Eddie Bauer (which means I''d never set foot in there). . .Now that I see they''re a division of BR, I''m for sure going to shop there. Hopefully they''ll have a good sale before Christmas!
2.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I went back today, bought the size 2 dress, which they had on hold for someone else. The 4 needed alterations and they said I could return it.
And bought a short tweedish jacket, sorta cape looking. Really cute. $148.00

Their customer service was very nice. If you sign up for the Indulge Club, after you spend $500.00
you get free alterations on sleeves and hems, and a 5% discount for life.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I really love everything I see! Very "me'! although two bags I just saw are TOTAL rip offs of the ySL muse and small hobo!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried to buy a pair of jeans at the one in Woodfield Mall yesterday but after breaking a nail trying to get them off the hanger (damn-a $25 manicure down the drain!) I decided that even though they "fit," bootleg pants on someone who''s 5''0'''' tall is just a ridiculous look. Oh well, I liked the stuff they had on display in general.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results