shape
carat
color
clarity

Forced to reset...help please.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I kind of had the same thoughts as msop04 - Idk, maybe it might be better to just wear a plain band to work? Or an engraved band maybe? I just think if it was me I'd be worried about damaging my pretty new ring lol. but of course it's your call! I know it's nice to wear something with a little sparkle.

And thank you for your commitment and dedication to teaching special ed children, you are an unsung hero. :clap:

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
It sounds like any metal ring you'd wear while at work might take a beating... I wouldn't wear another just to have it torn up. I'd wear a silicone band or a cheaper stainless steel ring with a CZ (Amazon) if you wanted the same look.
The thought has crossed my mind. It is probably the most level headed thing to do but ...... that would mean no blings at all and would be devastating as a PSer :lol: I have taken off my necklace, bracelets and earrings but was hoping to at least wear a pretty ring. I can only wear leather (watches), gold and plat. so silicone and stainless is not an option. I will have to sleep on this too sad :((

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been in the same field for over 12 years, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. In general, I wear a bezel band to work. That would be my recommendation.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The thought has crossed my mind. It is probably the most level headed thing to do but ...... that would mean no blings at all and would be devastating as a PSer :lol: I have taken off my necklace, bracelets and earrings but was hoping to at least wear a pretty ring. I can only wear leather (watches), gold and plat. so silicone and stainless is not an option. I will have to sleep on this too sad :((

Why no silicone??

ETA: I ask bc that's all some places will allow.

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Why no silicone??

ETA: I ask bc that's all some places will allow.
I think I'm allergic to it coz it makes me itch when I'm sweaty or if moisture gets under it. I kinda get little water bubble rash that itch like crazy!! Not pretty.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I'm allergic to it coz it makes me itch when I'm sweaty or if moisture gets under it. I kinda get little water bubble rash that itch like crazy!! Not pretty.

Ahhh... I see.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Crazy thought, what if you had a costume replica made of your ring, in cz or moissanite or whatever you like. Not that you would never wear the real thing again, but just for fun, to have. It’s amazing how real they look these days.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go for a beautiful engraved band, personally. I hear you on the bling front, but I think it's probably the safest option. Less chance of unintentionally scratching a kid with your ring too if you have to physically intervene. Besides, some bands can be blingtastic.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I have to echo the idea of another inexpensive set, or simple band for work.
I totally understand wanting to have at least one special, signature piece you can keep with you always, but as a SPED TA, work life is just too unpredictable.

sunandsky

Shiny_Rock
Your wring is stunning! What about a cz ring? Something inexpensive so if it gets damaged you just get a new one, so you always have something pretty but no-stress? You can go from $25 to $250 to $2500 and beyond, but maybe starting cheap could be fun. A few rings would let you mix it up depending on the day as well.

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
I would go for a beautiful engraved band, personally. I hear you on the bling front, but I think it's probably the safest option. Less chance of unintentionally scratching a kid with your ring too if you have to physically intervene. Besides, some bands can be blingtastic.

Yeah, I kind of had the same thoughts as msop04 - Idk, maybe it might be better to just wear a plain band to work? Or an engraved band maybe? I just think if it was me I'd be worried about damaging my pretty new ring lol. but of course it's your call! I know it's nice to wear something with a little sparkle.

And thank you for your commitment and dedication to teaching special ed children, you are an unsung hero. :clap:

I have to echo the idea of another inexpensive set, or simple band for work.
I totally understand wanting to have at least one special, signature piece you can keep with you always, but as a SPED TA, work life is just too unpredictable.

You guys are so right as much as I hate to admit it;(. $1500/$2000 is not chump change to me and it would make me sad if something happened to the new ring. That realization totally bumped me out! I guess I will be looking for something engraved or textured. :(sad Guess the silver lining is that it would be cheaper on the wallet!! Thank for those that shared your thoughts and opinions. I truly appreciate it even if it was not what I wanted to hear but needed to hear.

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results