shape
carat
color
clarity

Forced to reset...help please.

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
My ring is a 3 stone ring created by DK. I love this setting, this is now the second stone to grace it. But I recently started a new job in school working with special ed. It is physically demanding but very rewarding. In the first 6 months of working, my phone has been smashed from being kicked, a gold necklace broken from being pulled and my ring scraped on cement while trying to pick up a student that needed help among other things. The ring is ok because a prong took the brunt of it. So though I love, love my ring, I feel like I need to reset it so I can keep it safe and still be able to wear it instead of sitting in a box. My problem is that, this is not my final stone, I will still be upgrading in a few years, so I don't want to spend too much on a setting since it will be a temp. I also think it needs to be a bezel to protect the stone. Sooo I need suggestion on a reasonably priced bezel setting. Or do you think I can modify it to be a bezel? My other thought is to buy a fairly inexpensive bezel ring that is safer to wear everyday and keep my stone in the setting that I love for weekends. I would appreciate all help. I need to get it done before the next school year starts.

20190321_102419.jpg

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lo0ove, love your current setting. I would get a second ring for work that will take a lot of abuse and wear and tear. The problem with bezels and channel sets is if a stone does come loose or the setting becomes bent or dented it may be difficult to get a good repair. Perhaps a beautiful gold band with pretty etching, engraving or satin finish to wear at work. Then hurry home to wear that beautiful three stone!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly, I wouldn't dismantle this ring as you think you will upgrade in the future and will need to do a new mounting then anyway. It looks beautiful as is; I would get something else to wear and wear this ring when you can. Just my .02! You could end up in another type of classroom in a year or two anyway!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I lo0ove, love your current setting. I would get a second ring for work that will take a lot of abuse and wear and tear. Perhaps a beautiful gold band with pretty etching, engraving or satin finish to wear at work. Then hurry home to wear that beautiful three stone!

Ditto everything to that. I love the current setting as well.

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I guess it it unanimous on keeping it as is. But for fun, do you guys know of a stock setting that is not too pricey? As a PS'er always needs options...for just incase and maybes :oops::oops: or maybe suggestions for another ring for work?:kiss2::twisted2:

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh how I love your setting, glad you are keeping it. May I ask where you purchased your band? Lovely as well.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know what you are going through as my adult son has Autism. He was so difficult when he was younger but sooooo much better now. I definitely vote for the second ring to wear in the classroom. Thank you for being a special education teacher. :kiss2:

Last edited:

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
I know what you are going through as my adult has Autism. He was so difficult when he was younger but sooooo much better now. I definitely vote for the second ring to wear in the classroom. Thank you for being a special education teacher. :kiss2:
I am actually a teacher assistant but I know what you mean. It can be so challenging but when you see them connecting and making improvement, it makes my heart so happy. Teachers and TAs' alike feel an awesome sense of accomplishment. We whoop it up and do a little dance :dance::dance:

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Have to think of on-the-job options but for now let me say I AM IN LOVE WITH YOUR RING! One of the prettiest I've ever seen. You absolutely CANNOT change it! Honestly, I don't think you should upgrade the diamond. It is PERFECT as it is. You are just going to have to go on ramen noodles to start your fund for a 2nd diamond because you cannot change this, it is so special! Can you post a photo of the side view so I can see how high it is?
Also, what about wearing your pretty band to work and then when you get home be "reunited" with your gorgeous 3-stone???

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
I think about $1500 give or take. Looking to either get a bezel setting for my cushion or stand in work ring. Most probably will have to be shopping for a preloved ring which I am always trawling when I have a chance. Just haven't found anything in my small budget. Thanks for the link.. off to browse.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think about $1500 give or take. Looking to either get a bezel setting for my cushion or stand in work ring. Most probably will have to be shopping for a preloved ring which I am always trawling when I have a chance. Just haven't found anything in my small budget. Thanks for the link.. off to browse.
I wouldn’t bezel your cushion if you plan on trading it in or selling it. Someone would buy it just the way it is! It’s gorgeous!
What about getting a blingy eternity band instead of an engagement ring? Then you could wear them together when you’re home.

Last edited:

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your set is gorgeous! I vote for keeping it as it is.

Why not just wear your beautiful band while at work and save any money earmarked for a reset/replacement to use on your future upgrade?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the work that you do @Diamondbug!!

Another vote for a smaller, more hardy piece that you can wear daily without worry - and saving your beautiful three-stone just as it is now for weekend luxury :kiss2:

Maybe something like this? Totally different style from your Ering that fills a different jewellery wardrobe niche for days when you can't wear your three-stone - and days when you can but want something different anyway ::)

http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/ind...nish-yellow-vs2-pear-shape-diamond-ring-r7395
r7395-1.jpg

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Have to think of on-the-job options but for now let me say I AM IN LOVE WITH YOUR RING! One of the prettiest I've ever seen. You absolutely CANNOT change it! Honestly, I don't think you should upgrade the diamond. It is PERFECT as it is. You are just going to have to go on ramen noodles to start your fund for a 2nd diamond because you cannot change this, it is so special! Can you post a photo of the side view so I can see how high it is?
Also, what about wearing your pretty band to work and then when you get home be "reunited" with your gorgeous 3-stone???

Hahaha you are too funny and so sweet!! Ramen, huh?? Truthfully, I have wondered if I would actually trade it up. Buy you know about PS'ers and DSS!! Even with a reset, I am thinking of keeping the original setting and resetting it back if things changes in the work front or maybe setting it with a colored stone. I love love my band, I drew the design out myself a few years back and the band is made from our original wedding bands. I would be devastated if something happened to it. I think rubies are softer than diamonds. Just took a quick shot of the profile and here's a video of it by David from Good Old Gold.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EP20MFc2MA&t=7s 20190605_153358.jpg

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the work that you do @Diamondbug!!

Another vote for a smaller, more hardy piece that you can wear daily without worry - and saving your beautiful three-stone just as it is now for weekend luxury :kiss2:

Maybe something like this? Totally different style from your Ering that fills a different jewellery wardrobe niche for days when you can't wear your three-stone - and days when you can but want something different anyway ::)

http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/ind...nish-yellow-vs2-pear-shape-diamond-ring-r7395

Ooh I do like that one. It is simple, elegant, modern and sturdier. Thank you.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally agree with @yssie ! Get a small bezeled style for work, but don't change that glorious 3 stone!

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn’t bezel your cushion if you plan on trading it in or selling it. Someone would buy it just the way it is! It’s gorgeous!
What about getting a blingy eternity band instead of an engagement ring? Then you could wear them together when you’re home.

I have a 1ct five stone u-prong band but with all the banging around I am worried I would chip the stones. I feel like it needs to be a bezel or an engraved band... maybe one of Dk's floral band with no stones to scratch or chip.

Reactions: AV_

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto everyone else! keep it for the weekends. I have a picture of your ring in a favorites folder because I love, love, love the profile.

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
upload_2019-6-5_16-34-58.png
upload_2019-6-5_16-35-29.png
1a_1abe69ff-1e46-4fb4-b2c0-169c8d5adeb0_300x300.jpg
I love these as work rings. Anymore ideas?

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto everyone else! keep it for the weekends. I have a picture of your ring in a favorites folder because I love, love, love the profile.

Thank you tyty333. I have come to my senses!! Thank you P'SERs for coming to the rescue. LOL I am getting excited about searching for a work ring.

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha you are too funny and so sweet!! Ramen, huh?? Truthfully, I have wondered if I would actually trade it up. Buy you know about PS'ers and DSS!! Even with a reset, I am thinking of keeping the original setting and resetting it back if things changes in the work front or maybe setting it with a colored stone. I love love my band, I drew the design out myself a few years back and the band is made from our original wedding bands. I would be devastated if something happened to it. I think rubies are softer than diamonds. Just took a quick shot of the profile and here's a video of it by David from Good Old Gold.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EP20MFc2MA&t=7s 20190605_153358.jpg

OK, I have to say this again, your rings are beautiful. They work beautifully together. You have exquisite taste and you wedding band made my heart go pitter patter, and now that I know it came from your original wedding bands I have to agree you cannot change a thing :)

Someday I may be reaching out to ask permission to create a similar design for the wedding band. I hope its OK I said that - I respect so much that you designed it and it sounds like a labor of love in many ways. Just a beautiful set.

OK, gushing is over...

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
OK, I have to say this again, your rings are beautiful. They work beautifully together. You have exquisite taste and you wedding band made my heart go pitter patter, and now that I know it came from your original wedding bands I have to agree you cannot change a thing :)

Someday I may be reaching out to ask permission to create a similar design for the wedding band. I hope its OK I said that - I respect so much that you designed it and it sounds like a labor of love in many ways. Just a beautiful set.

OK, gushing is over...

Thank you so much facetgirl. I am so honored that you like my rings. No permission needed. I think DK has made a few rings inspired by my band. I am glad to share the design if it brings as much happiness to others.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for being a special ed teacher , I have family who are in special ed and I definitely appreciate special ed teachers!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
.82ct J VS2 EC with J VVS2 .42ct and J VVS2 .4ct pears (all Blue Nile) set in 18kt yellow gold by DKJ

IMG_2518.JPG
.32ct E VS1 mrb (Blue Nile) and 2 x .06ct E VS stones (super ideal, cut by GOG back when they used to do this) set in a LOT of platinum by Scott Schreiber. I loved this ring.

CIMG4971.JPG

Or an Etoile band ?

m1918

Shiny_Rock
@Diamondbug not to derail the thread but can you tell us the stats on your center stone? it’s to die for!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It sounds like any metal ring you'd wear while at work might take a beating... I wouldn't wear another just to have it torn up. I'd wear a silicone band or a cheaper stainless steel ring with a CZ (Amazon) if you wanted the same look.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results