shape
carat
color
clarity

For you antique lovers - .68 ct. Yellow OEC on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE having coati on these forums!!! Now we all know about tweezer reflections and Kozibe effect. Of course I''m gonna sound stupid when I mispronounce it.
20.gif

Hey coati - do we see only those 2 culet reflections because the stone is probably tilted slightly, and/or the symmetry is not spot-on?

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I'm thinking tilt, because it looks so similar to Lauren's pics. I'm trying to drum up a pic of mine that shows the same thing. I'd take a new pic, but it's being reset!

In any case, just an opinion!
1.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
LD--this is a BAD pic haha, but you can sort of see the culet reflection--the only difference is that the light is not hitting the reflection, so the spots look dark. My stone is a very clean VS2.

1oecculetreflect.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Coati, I love your OEC!!!! Where did you stumble across that baby?

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhhh, I love it!!!!!!!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG you guys are KILLING me - I love these old-cute yellows
30.gif
But I definitely can''t get one right now
7.gif

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
YEAH~~~~~~
9.gif
9.gif
The seller is willing to ship it to me in Canada!!! So it''s mine~~

Can''t wait to see it IRL!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
I would like to thank Lauren for posting this rock in PS~~ (without her post, I would never come across such a nice oec!!!) And I would like to thank Coati for ensuring that it''s an excellent rock!

This is my first oec and I''m super excited right now~~ I will post pix after I receive it in the mail (hopefully soon)

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Yip Yip!
36.gif
Please post pics when you receive it! Supah stone!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Grapegravity please post pictures when it arrives. What are you going to do with it? It looks beautiful!!

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Thanks MMT! I tihnk I would like to set it in a ring (perhaps bezel or a simple 4 prong?
2.gif
)

I'll decide when I see it IRL....
5.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Grape, that''s FABULOUS!!!! I''m so glad that beauty is going to a loving home!!

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 10:04:26 AM
Author: Upgradable
Grape, that''s FABULOUS!!!! I''m so glad that beauty is going to a loving home!!
Thanks Upgradable!!
1.gif
I can''t wait to put it in a ring so I can wear it and look at it everyday~~
9.gif

hmm, maybe I should start looking at ring setting on ebay to see what style I like....

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
So I found a setting that I like from LGOR and it says that it fits 5-5.5mm round stone...

Will this stone (5.48-5.57mm) fit in there?

Thanks~~

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on the new diamond!! It sure is pretty!
21.gif
Which LOGR setting are you looking at? That size should work with your diamond...and they can ''make it to fit'' if needed as well.

Can''t wait to see it all done!

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Wow that''s a tough choice I like all the settings. Can''t wait to see it when it''s finished
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 12:41:51 AM
Author: grapegravity
YEAH~~~~~~
9.gif
9.gif

36.gif
36.gif

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I''m so incredibly happy you got it, Grapegravity!!!!! Personally, of the 3 settings you like, I LOVE the 3rd one! I wonder if it might come alive in a yellow gold halo setting? Or a white gold halo with yellow gold prongs?

You should totally send Keith a link to this thread!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 12:26:43 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

YEAH~~~~~~
9.gif
9.gif

36.gif
36.gif

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I''m so incredibly happy you got it, Grapegravity!!!!! Personally, of the 3 settings you like, I LOVE the 3rd one! I wonder if it might come alive in a yellow gold halo setting? Or a white gold halo with yellow gold prongs?

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Is Keith from LOGR? It''s my first time purchasing a setting from LOGR and is it really possible to change some parts of the setting into yellow gold? I wonder if that cost extra and how will it look....

My FI like #2 the most.... so I''m torn between #1 and #2 now...

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooh, Lucky you! Can''t wait to see the stone after you receive it.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 1:19:50 PM

YEAH~~~~~~
9.gif
9.gif

36.gif
36.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Is Keith from LOGR? It''s my first time purchasing a setting from LOGR and is it really possible to change some parts of the setting into yellow gold? I wonder if that cost extra and how will it look....

Keith is the guy you just bought your diamond from.
2.gif

It is deinitely possible to modify the setting, but I would email LOGR before you buy one. There are some that need entire yellow gold head, some that can just change the prongs, etc.

K9

Brilliant_Rock
WOOOO HOOOO - glad a PS''r got that one!!!!

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 1:39:00 PM

YEAH~~~~~~
9.gif
9.gif

36.gif
36.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

2.gif

It is deinitely possible to modify the setting, but I would email LOGR before you buy one. There are some that need entire yellow gold head, some that can just change the prongs, etc.
Acutally, I bought the diamond from Philip "kingkongcrowder".... And he is a very nice seller to deal with....
1.gif

Now, I would like to see the diamond before I make the decision to go with yellow gold or not, but the listing for this setting (I have decided on #2!!) is ending in one day... I don''t know if I should just go ahead and purchase it or it will re-listed again...
33.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YEAH~~~~~~
9.gif
9.gif

36.gif
36.gif
Awesome, congratulations! That was the first thing I noticed too, that they wouldn''t ship here. Wasn''t in my budget at all, can''t wait to see pics though. Now, he does have those 2 matched H/VS2 .62ctw loose diamonds that would make lovely earrings... Nah!
3.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 1:54:33 PM

Date: 2/12/2009 1:39:00 PM

YEAH~~~~~~
9.gif
9.gif

36.gif
36.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

2.gif

Acutally, I bought the diamond from Philip ''kingkongcrowder''.... And he is a very nice seller to deal with....
1.gif

Now, I would like to see the diamond before I make the decision to go with yellow gold or not, but the listing for this setting (I have decided on #2!!) is ending in one day... I don''t know if I should just go ahead and purchase it or it will re-listed again...
33.gif
DOH! I have a work contact named Keith Crowder, so I had "Keith" on the brain and mixed him up with Philip!

I would wait. He''s always relisting auctions for those settings, pretty consistently. And if it''s no longer there, you can always email LOGR and ask him to put up an auction for it.

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Lauren!! I have emailed LOGR to ensure my stone will fit into this setting or I have to pay $50 for customization...

But I rather pay $50 to upgrade the diamond quality on this ring... hopefully he/she will get back to me soon...

all of my rings are white gold (except two) and so I'm leaning more towards all white gold for this setting...

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Coati thanks so much for taking the time to post a photo of your OEC. I can clearly see the reflection of the culet in your photo but wouldn't have realised that's what is was so I'm very grateful for your explanation! I'm sooooooo looking forward to our world trip - who else is going to teach me about odd sounding effects!
2.gif

Grape - very many congratulations. Please post photos when you receive it?

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I LOVE that setting you chose! It is very classic and vintage looking, will be a great setting for your OEC!!! Can''t wait to see it all done!

I am waiting on my LOGR setting too...they take a while with ordering, delivery, etc. ...I am anxious too!
21.gif

Congrats!

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 5:45:18 PM
Author: Ara Ann
Oh, I LOVE that setting you chose! It is very classic and vintage looking, will be a great setting for your OEC!!! Can''t wait to see it all done!

I am waiting on my LOGR setting too...they take a while with ordering, delivery, etc. ...I am anxious too!
21.gif

Congrats!
Thanks Ara! I just bought it after checking with my jeweller to make sure it will fit my rock~~
1.gif

I check all previous LOGR threads and actually came across your thread... I can''t wait to see your finish ring!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results