Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

For you antique lovers - .68 ct. Yellow OEC on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Seriously, someone here needs to buy it to take the tempation away! I JUST got an ACA!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 12:24:47 PM
Author: coatimundi
...but do you have an S-T old cut diamond, Lauren? hhmmmmmmmm?
You''re such a terribly awful enabler!

I love you!

LD

Ideal_Rock
Premium
May be a stupid question but ............ do you think the picture shows a VS1???

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It sure is pretty!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 1:21:13 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
May be a stupid question but ............ do you think the picture shows a VS1???
I see something on the bottom of the pic, but it could just be a reflection or bad photography. I can''t comment on this stone, but my uncerted OEC that I bought through him was kind of dodgy via the pic, but in person, it''s incredibly clean.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 1:21:13 PM
Tweezer reflection on the bottom of the stone in the pic. (I got very used to seeing that in school haha--tweezer buggers)

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I love that stone!! And I''ve checked his feedback. There was one negative that affected his percentage, but it doesn''t look like anything to be concerned about.

I agree with whoever said, "buy it, and put me out of my misery!!"

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 2:06:18 PM
Author: Upgradable
I love that stone!! And I''ve checked his feedback. There was one negative that affected his percentage, but it doesn''t look like anything to be concerned about.

I agree with whoever said, ''buy it, and put me out of my misery!!''
That was me!

Seriously, I keep checking the auction, and hoping it''s ended already, but no one has stepped up yet. I need to remove the temptation, and if no one buys it by this afternoon, I''m going to have to block myself from Ebay entirely.

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Too bad the seller doesn''t ship to Canada...
Because I got the go ahead to get it from FI...

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Ooh I want!

Checks price. Can''t have

Beautiful though!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 2:28:10 PM
Author: grapegravity
Do you have anyone in the states they could ship to, and then that individual send it on to you?? What a shame to let an international border keep you from that beauty!!

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 4:00:06 PM
Author: Upgradable

Date: 2/11/2009 2:28:10 PM
Author: grapegravity
Do you have anyone in the states they could ship to, and then that individual send it on to you?? What a shame to let an international border keep you from that beauty!!
Unfortunately I don''t know anyone in the sates that the seller can ship it too...
But I emailed the seller just to confirm that he won''t ship this beauty to Canada... And I''m waiting for his response....

This will be my v-day gift from FI if the seller willing to ship it over the border~~

LD

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lauren/Coati

Look at 1 o''clock and 2 o''clock - that''s what was worrying me about the stone. I''ve tried to see something on the GIA diagram but can''t make it out clearly enough.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 4:19:31 PM
Lauren/Coati

Look at 1 o'clock and 2 o'clock - that's what was worrying me about the stone. I've tried to see something on the GIA diagram but can't make it out clearly enough.
Culet reflection--Kozibe effect. There is nothing on the plot that corresponds--so, that's my best guess. My oec displays similar culet reflection.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 5:53:56 PM
Author: coatimundi

Date: 2/11/2009 4:19:31 PM
Lauren/Coati

Look at 1 o''clock and 2 o''clock - that''s what was worrying me about the stone. I''ve tried to see something on the GIA diagram but can''t make it out clearly enough.
Culet reflection--Kozibe effect. There is nothing on the plot that corresponds--so, that''s my best guess. My oec displays similar culet reflection.
I had no idea that was what it was called!

Here''s a pic he took of my stone during the auction I won.

.68OECJVS1.jpg

LD

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lauren love your piccie!

Coati - are we talking about the same thing? I''m trying to learn, not doubting your word! I haven''t seen many OECs so I''m naive about their cut and how they bounce around light so please excuse my ignorance. I''ve put arrows to the bits I was thinking looked like inclusions? Are these reflections of the culet?

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 6:42:53 PM
Lauren love your piccie!

Coati - are we talking about the same thing? I'm trying to learn, not doubting your word! I haven't seen many OECs so I'm naive about their cut and how they bounce around light so please excuse my ignorance. I've put arrows to the bits I was thinking looked like inclusions? Are these reflections of the culet?
That's what I think. There is nothing on the plot that indicates crystals in those locations. I don't think a grader at GIA would miss two honkin' crystals. haha!:) I think it is bounced light--culet reflection--as I said. My oec does the same thing in photos. Kozibe is fairly common in oec.

Lauren's pic shows similar reflection.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Push Present: Engagement Ring Upgrade
    Push Present: Engagement Ring Upgrade
    20th Anniversary Upgrade
    20th Anniversary Upgrade
    Horses for Courses: Polo Match Jewelry
    Horses for Courses: Polo Match Jewelry

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.