shape
carat
color
clarity

For those with an eye for design/proportion

daisydukes

Rough_Rock
Celebrating 25 years and have been researching upgrade and reset ideas for my 1 ct pear. It is a D VS1 and have been told by a few local jewelers that it performs beautifully (I'm no expert, but there doesn't seem to be a bowtie issue). All along I've been thinking about resetting it in a custom halo. Then...I came across this VC Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BDOxGwnC-mh/?taken-by=victorcanera. My heart skipped a beat when I saw the profile and how the stones were set.

Is my pear too big to use as a side stone to create a magnificent 3-stone upgrade? What size would the center stone need to be if flanked by two 1 ct pears?? This is a ridiculous idea, right??

TIA.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a gorgeous ring! But yes, unfortunately, flanking two 1ct pears would look humungous; I can't even imagine the finger width you'd need to have to pull it off (especially once you put the center stone in there).

But, if you like that design, have you thought of making your current ring in to a pendant and then doing the VC ring as shown?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, your stone is too large to be a side stone. Off the top of my head, a member here had a 2 ct center with .32 ct sides (each). I think I have seen them up to .40 each with a 3 ct center.

I agree with ILikeShiny that your stone is a great size for a pendant or center stone in a ring but definitely not a side stone even if the center diamond was 5 cts.

daisydukes

Rough_Rock
ILikeShiny and diamondseeker2006 - Thanks for the feedback. I saw a LM ring with .8 sides and just needed to put this idea to rest. I've thought about the pendant idea!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results