shape
carat
color
clarity

For those of you with long(er) hair... what do you do with it at night?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried to wear a sleep bonnet once. Tossed it off some time in the middle of the night as it bothered my sleep more than anything else. The growing out stage is a pain so I remind myself of that every time I think of cutting it short.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bonnet wearer here reporting in from the Victorian age...

Well it was OK last night. Kinda. I went with the one that has adjustable tightness for a first go. It stayed on for several hours, but I did have to put it back on at some point. It's weird though against the satin pillow case -- I swear I heard creaking like an old ship on a rough sea.

I'm not sure if my hair looks any better or not to be honest. My bangs were certainly squashed down flat from the band, even though I tried to get it up pretty high to keep this from happening.

Now my big question is what to do with my EARS. I ended up putting the cap behind my ears, but maybe it would stay on better if it was in front? Any input here on where you ladies put your ears... ?

What a little adventure this has turned into, ha ha!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such a fun thread. I’ve always had long hair, just a couple inches past my shoulders. I guess I’m lucky because my hair doesn’t bother me during the night or get snarled.
I don’t think I could wear a bonnet either, too hot or the ear thing, but then I’ve never tried one.You know we need pictures @Dee*Jay!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Unrelated and possibly not helpful as Gary has a #2 hair cut but he slept on a satin pillowcase last night and slept right through not even turning over

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such a fun thread. I’ve always had long hair, just a couple inches past my shoulders. I guess I’m lucky because my hair doesn’t bother me during the night or get snarled.
I don’t think I could wear a bonnet either, too hot or the ear thing, but then I’ve never tried one.You know we need pictures @Dee*Jay!

Oh Bon, I should have known someone would ask for pics, LOL.
59471BD7-779E-4459-9D2C-CAC0818780AF.jpeg
C14A01A2-9287-4820-B59C-B5EF2CE4D153.jpeg A32FB2C4-313D-45D1-BB26-C11D8D799FE1.jpeg 4B3C47B6-2A7A-4BC6-9955-1080110DB9D9.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried the tan one last night. You can see the adjustment thingie, which I put front and center for the pics so it would be obvious, but really I don't know where else I WOULD put it since I go from back to side to side to back to face to... I'll try the white one tonight.

And can I just say of all the ridiculous pics I've posted on here over the years THESE might just take the cake!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
YANNO!!! I never even thought of those net things! D&D, you're brilliant!

Dee scurries off to Amazon... !

Who knew Ena Sharples actually knew a thing or two about beauty

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Why DID people wear bonnets to bed in good 'ol days? Their hair was sticking out in most of the night bonnet pics. Was it just to keep the pillowcases clean?

night bonnets.jpg

Vera W

Shiny_Rock
Trade
2AB5954C-4041-4867-A0B1-D8934DD29084.png
AD096CC7-4EDE-4037-A9D2-5E800F37A2E1.png
What do you all think of this...?

@Dee*Jay this is exactly what I was thinking. I wear one to keep my curls from getting all loose and frizzy and it works great, even with my CPAP Strapped around it. Your hair looks great, you are beautiful as ever!!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cut up the leg from a pair of panty hose and make something akin to a scrunchy and put it in a loose bun on the top of my head. That seems to avoid getting creases because there isn't a piece of elastic running through it.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I guess I owe everyone an update now that I've been trying out the bonnets for a little while now!

The tan one is... um... gone. Disappeared. Like POOF. I went to sleep with it on and when I woke up to pee in the middle of night it had come off. Whatever. At 3 am stuff like this is quite low on my priority list! But now I can't locate it. Not mixed in with the bedclothes. Not beside, behind, under the bed. Not anywhere. POOF. :confused:

That's a shame because I actually preferred that one over The Bonnet Of Death (a.k.a., the white flowered one).

That one brought me awake in a panic thinking I was being smothered in my own bed by a serial killer (hm... maybe I need to start reading myself to sleep with a different genre.. ). The thing had slipped forward and down and over my entire head. No joke. A satin bag Completely Over My Head. Now THAT was just a ball and a half in the middle of the night! :lol: Maybe I can put a few stitches in the band to tighten it up a little... But right now the trauma is still fresh and I'm too afraid to try it again.

Maybe I just move around too much for something like this...? I think at this point I'm going to just suffer through and deal with the Medusa effect in the morning.

You people are The Best BTW. I could never have a conversation like this in real life! :cheeky:

ETA: I just remembered the nets. Still sitting in my Amazon cart -- forgot to complete the purchase. Senility at 50 is a terrible thing!!!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Geez, who knew these things needed to come with a hazardous warning label! Snuffed out in the middle of the night by your satin bonnet but at least your hair will look great :twisted2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I cut up the leg from a pair of panty hose and make something akin to a scrunchy and put it in a loose bun on the top of my head. That seems to avoid getting creases because there isn't a piece of elastic running through it.

Lucky you don't rob banks while sleep walking !
Sorry that was the first image that poped into my head

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dee*Jay I thought of you and @bling_dream19 when I saw these...

pinksilkfacemask.jpg

juliaaumueller

Rough_Rock
I never tie my hair when I sleep. Doesn’t bother me at all. Opposite in the day though. Almost always in ponytail or messy bun as I can’t stand hair, falling around my face.

I feel uncomfortable when I lie down without collecting hair

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Why DID people wear bonnets to bed in good 'ol days? Their hair was sticking out in most of the night bonnet pics. Was it just to keep the pillowcases clean?

night bonnets.jpg
I’ve been told that in some cases it was for warmth in cold climates?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
If you are ok with having wavy or curly hair in the morning, try The Carlin. I bought one. It's awesome. It does not hurt either.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results