Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

For those of you with long(er) hair... what do you do with it at night?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried to wear a sleep bonnet once. Tossed it off some time in the middle of the night as it bothered my sleep more than anything else. The growing out stage is a pain so I remind myself of that every time I think of cutting it short.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bonnet wearer here reporting in from the Victorian age...

Well it was OK last night. Kinda. I went with the one that has adjustable tightness for a first go. It stayed on for several hours, but I did have to put it back on at some point. It's weird though against the satin pillow case -- I swear I heard creaking like an old ship on a rough sea.

I'm not sure if my hair looks any better or not to be honest. My bangs were certainly squashed down flat from the band, even though I tried to get it up pretty high to keep this from happening.

Now my big question is what to do with my EARS. I ended up putting the cap behind my ears, but maybe it would stay on better if it was in front? Any input here on where you ladies put your ears... ?

What a little adventure this has turned into, ha ha!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such a fun thread. I’ve always had long hair, just a couple inches past my shoulders. I guess I’m lucky because my hair doesn’t bother me during the night or get snarled.
I don’t think I could wear a bonnet either, too hot or the ear thing, but then I’ve never tried one.You know we need pictures @Dee*Jay!

Daisys and Diamonds

Ideal_Rock
Unrelated and possibly not helpful as Gary has a #2 hair cut but he slept on a satin pillowcase last night and slept right through not even turning over

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such a fun thread. I’ve always had long hair, just a couple inches past my shoulders. I guess I’m lucky because my hair doesn’t bother me during the night or get snarled.
I don’t think I could wear a bonnet either, too hot or the ear thing, but then I’ve never tried one.You know we need pictures @Dee*Jay!

Oh Bon, I should have known someone would ask for pics, LOL.
59471BD7-779E-4459-9D2C-CAC0818780AF.jpeg
C14A01A2-9287-4820-B59C-B5EF2CE4D153.jpeg A32FB2C4-313D-45D1-BB26-C11D8D799FE1.jpeg 4B3C47B6-2A7A-4BC6-9955-1080110DB9D9.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried the tan one last night. You can see the adjustment thingie, which I put front and center for the pics so it would be obvious, but really I don't know where else I WOULD put it since I go from back to side to side to back to face to... I'll try the white one tonight.

And can I just say of all the ridiculous pics I've posted on here over the years THESE might just take the cake!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lookinagain

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I cut up the leg from a pair of panty hose and make something akin to a scrunchy and put it in a loose bun on the top of my head. That seems to avoid getting creases because there isn't a piece of elastic running through it.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I guess I owe everyone an update now that I've been trying out the bonnets for a little while now!

The tan one is... um... gone. Disappeared. Like POOF. I went to sleep with it on and when I woke up to pee in the middle of night it had come off. Whatever. At 3 am stuff like this is quite low on my priority list! But now I can't locate it. Not mixed in with the bedclothes. Not beside, behind, under the bed. Not anywhere. POOF. :confused:

That's a shame because I actually preferred that one over The Bonnet Of Death (a.k.a., the white flowered one).

That one brought me awake in a panic thinking I was being smothered in my own bed by a serial killer (hm... maybe I need to start reading myself to sleep with a different genre.. ). The thing had slipped forward and down and over my entire head. No joke. A satin bag Completely Over My Head. Now THAT was just a ball and a half in the middle of the night! :lol: Maybe I can put a few stitches in the band to tighten it up a little... But right now the trauma is still fresh and I'm too afraid to try it again.

Maybe I just move around too much for something like this...? I think at this point I'm going to just suffer through and deal with the Medusa effect in the morning.

You people are The Best BTW. I could never have a conversation like this in real life! :cheeky:

ETA: I just remembered the nets. Still sitting in my Amazon cart -- forgot to complete the purchase. Senility at 50 is a terrible thing!!!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Geez, who knew these things needed to come with a hazardous warning label! Snuffed out in the middle of the night by your satin bonnet but at least your hair will look great :twisted2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Ideal_Rock
I cut up the leg from a pair of panty hose and make something akin to a scrunchy and put it in a loose bun on the top of my head. That seems to avoid getting creases because there isn't a piece of elastic running through it.

Lucky you don't rob banks while sleep walking !
Sorry that was the first image that poped into my head

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dee*Jay I thought of you and @bling_dream19 when I saw these...

pinksilkfacemask.jpg

juliaaumueller

Rough_Rock
I never tie my hair when I sleep. Doesn’t bother me at all. Opposite in the day though. Almost always in ponytail or messy bun as I can’t stand hair, falling around my face.

I feel uncomfortable when I lie down without collecting hair

elizat

Ideal_Rock
If you are ok with having wavy or curly hair in the morning, try The Carlin. I bought one. It's awesome. It does not hurt either.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    February's Throwbacks: Diamonds are Forever
    February's Throwbacks: Diamonds are Forever
    March Birthstone 2021 - Aquamarine
    March Birthstone 2021 - Aquamarine
    Soapy Love
    Soapy Love

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.