color
clarity

For those of us who LOVE tea!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
You know how i know i love tea?

I started reading this thread and by the time i got to the end i was salivating so much that i am off to make myself a cup of tea... :lickout:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
crickett - I'm going to read your articles! I didn't realize you are in FL! I"m actually working on a project to do a sort of food/drink tour of FL (I'm in Gator town), and will be blogging about it. If you have any good recommendations I"d love to hear them (although I'm sure I"ll find some in your articles too!) :bigsmile:

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
brazen_irish_hussy said:
I love tea. I am really picky and only drink loose leaf from China. I get jasmine pearl green tea and a white tea with rosebuds. I also like fruit flavored, but my tea place closed so the white peach tea is no longer available to me. I put it in a strainer for drinking at work and it is amazing how many people ask me about as they have no clue what a strainer is! I find I don't like roobios (Sp) or black tea much nor do I like the lighter ones that taste "grassy" for lack of a better term. I like some chai but not the really authentic kind which tends to be a bit spicy. About an hour from where we live there is an authentic tea house built in the Persian style by Tajikastani artisans, it is the most wonderful place to sit and drink it, they even have really cool tea based cocktails.

I know you're in CO, so i'm fairly certain I know what tea house you're referencing. I adore this place! It's 45 minutes or so from where I live, but I try to go a few times a year. Not only is the tea selection fantastic, their brunch and lunch menus are great. I've never been disappointed... it's the perfect place to unwind, people-watch & sip some great tea.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411 said:
crickett - I'm going to read your articles! I didn't realize you are in FL! I"m actually working on a project to do a sort of food/drink tour of FL (I'm in Gator town), and will be blogging about it. If you have any good recommendations I"d love to hear them (although I'm sure I"ll find some in your articles too!) :bigsmile:

OH giiirl I know PLACES! Let me know what you want to know. I know alot of neat places in the palm beach/fort lauderdale area

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Years ago, when I lived in NYC a certain store offered vanilla tea dried in honey. The honey flavored the tea and the combination was just heavenly. I haven't been able to locate any comparable tea since i left the city.

I love Twinnings Vanilla, Earl Grey, English and Irish Breakfast teas. I do like Sleepytime tea--altho it doesn't do a THING to help me sleep. I have to start out my day with a pot of tea and I have a large mug in the evening.

I'm not to keen on green tea. It just doesn't do anything for me.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
crickett - I frequent West Palm and would looooooove to know some good places there.

Also, with the weird new obsession with boba/bubble/milk tea... if you know places down there for that, lord knows when I'll get a hankering (like all weekend and today, ugh)

Berryluv

Rough_Rock
hawaiianorangetree said:
You know how i know i love tea?

I started reading this thread and by the time i got to the end i was salivating so much that i am off to make myself a cup of tea... :lickout:

This made me laugh. I keep coming back to see all the interesting tea that I need to try. So, bubble tea seems popular. Is it at the grocery store or specialty stores? I haven't seen it (I prob. was just focused on my favs.)

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
berry- bubble tea is a form of milk tea, and it has tapioca "bubbles" or pearls in it. I am now discovering this. I tried it once long ago and didn't like it. Then for some strange reason (I'm choosing to blame this thread.... since I refuse to think that I'm secretly pregnant and aunt flo is just fooling me) I have craved it since Saturday. I mean I have craved it in an "I need bubble tea and I need it NOW" way. Sometimes you can get it in a variety of flavors. Most of the time you have to get it at restaurants (I have NO idea how it would be made..), mainly asian based. We have a local sushi and rice bowl joint that sells a WIDE variety of flavored bubble tea. I got vanilla this weekend, and was slurping it for about 15 mins before it was gone ;( . Gosh I want some more. I might have to go get some now.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
There is a great place in Margate called Saigon Cuisine, they have boba there you can get in iced tea, thai tea, thai coffee, smoothies (even an avacado one) and they have delicious food!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411 said:
berry- bubble tea is a form of milk tea, and it has tapioca "bubbles" or pearls in it. I am now discovering this. I tried it once long ago and didn't like it. Then for some strange reason (I'm choosing to blame this thread.... since I refuse to think that I'm secretly pregnant and aunt flo is just fooling me) I have craved it since Saturday. I mean I have craved it in an "I need bubble tea and I need it NOW" way. Sometimes you can get it in a variety of flavors. Most of the time you have to get it at restaurants (I have NO idea how it would be made..), mainly asian based. We have a local sushi and rice bowl joint that sells a WIDE variety of flavored bubble tea. I got vanilla this weekend, and was slurping it for about 15 mins before it was gone ;( . Gosh I want some more. I might have to go get some now.

BOBA is delicious!!!! If you have a lollicup in your area (I know they have a few in orlando) you are lucky indeed

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
THAT IS TOO FUNNY!!!!! I just looked up boba tea in my town online and THERE IS ONE!

Must......have......boba.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
B.E.G. said:
dragonfly411 said:
Beacon - the smoky tea sounds very interesting!

I have to say I haven't explored very many white teas, and someone please tell me more about bubble teas?

Lapsang souchong, which is a super smoky tea, is delicious, IMO, but not for everyone. I love the smoky flavor and smell and it's very different from other teas. You should give it a try!

Traditional bubble tea is black tea with milk, with tapioca "bubbles" (little balls) in it. There are many flavored varieties, green tea varieties, etc. You can usually find them in Chinese restaurants and tea shops. I love the plain black milk tea without tapioca, but the flavored ones are usually very good too.

heh heh, I like bubble tea too. I prefer the ones with real fruit blends - watermelon juice, lychee juice. But I have a soft spot for the almond and coconut flavors. DH likes durian shake bubble tea. :sick:

As for real tea, I like mostly herbals - jasmine scented green tea, chammomile, chrysanthemum. Not a fan of pu-erhh. Earl Grey is fine with some desserts. I don't like any roobios or orange spice tea.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
ckrickett said:
dragonfly411 said:

BOBA is delicious!!!! If you have a lollicup in your area (I know they have a few in orlando) you are lucky indeed

I LOVE Lollicup. I was there all the time in college - I miss having one nearby!

Yimmers said:
B.E.G. said:
dragonfly411 said:
Beacon - the smoky tea sounds very interesting!

I have to say I haven't explored very many white teas, and someone please tell me more about bubble teas?

Lapsang souchong, which is a super smoky tea, is delicious, IMO, but not for everyone. I love the smoky flavor and smell and it's very different from other teas. You should give it a try!

Traditional bubble tea is black tea with milk, with tapioca "bubbles" (little balls) in it. There are many flavored varieties, green tea varieties, etc. You can usually find them in Chinese restaurants and tea shops. I love the plain black milk tea without tapioca, but the flavored ones are usually very good too.

heh heh, I like bubble tea too. I prefer the ones with real fruit blends - watermelon juice, lychee juice. But I have a soft spot for the almond and coconut flavors. DH likes durian shake bubble tea. :sick:

As for real tea, I like mostly herbals - jasmine scented green tea, chammomile, chrysanthemum. Not a fan of pu-erhh. Earl Grey is fine with some desserts. I don't like any roobios or orange spice tea.

Durian bubble tea??? Ick. I like the fruit blend ones too, though I'm a purist - I usually get plain milk tea ones :)

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I also love boba tea! Yum!!

RedRobbin

Shiny_Rock
I love jasmine tea and the St. Regis Hotel special blend tea. I also love the teas made by Harney & Sons in Connecticut. I put honey, lemon and sugar cubes in my tea. :) no milk.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
B.E.G. said:
Durian bubble tea??? Ick. I like the fruit blend ones too, though I'm a purist - I usually get plain milk tea ones :)

I like plain milk flavor, but since I'm lactose intolerant, unless I know for sure that they use non-diary creamer, I usually avoid it. I once had someone give me almond flavor in milk...and I didn't make it very far...

Berryluv

Rough_Rock
ckrickett said:
dragonfly411 said:

Ohhhhh we have a huge asian market, I can check there maybe. It appears I'm lollicupless here ;(
I love trying new teas!!! Do you guys know if the bubble tea is similar to chinese chrysanthemum tea? It sounds like what you are describing with the pearls....but it's def not tapioca-ie.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to go back and look through these posts and get more ideas
Lapsang Souchong - I got some really nice tea from my brother in law once and totally couldn't remember what it was (it was loose in a bag) but I think that was it! I'm psyched now I can hunt it down! It was from Intelligenstia.

I like the Tazo chai tea, twinings earl gray and oolong tea from- can't remember, it's at home), though lately I got a big box of the organic black tea from whole foods so that's what I'm mostly drinking. I also like green tea, but I haven't hit upon a green tea that's "the one" so I'm still searching.

Though I drank alot of red zinger in college in general I really don't care for the herbal or roobios teas. Since people know I like tea I often get herbal tea as gifts though, and it gets all dusty in my cupboard. So, I've been trying to use them up by either making tea for my girls with lots of honey, or make iced herbal tea.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those who drink the genmaicha, also the jasmine and assam teas, any particular brands you recommend?

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
teavana has an AMAZING Jasmine tea called "Jasmine Dragon Pheonix Pearl" you can find this at other places since it isn't their brand of tea but a tea that they carry (online and the like) but Teavana's is my favorite, it's beautiful!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411 said:
THAT IS TOO FUNNY!!!!! I just looked up boba tea in my town online and THERE IS ONE!

Must......have......boba.

I ADORE their Jasmine milk tea with boba, I buy 3 larges when I go in (since there are none in my area) and I DEVOUR them... my BF won't go into the store with me anymore b/c he says I embarrass him!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Berryluv said:
ckrickett said:
dragonfly411 said:

Ohhhhh we have a huge asian market, I can check there maybe. It appears I'm lollicupless here ;(
I love trying new teas!!! Do you guys know if the bubble tea is similar to chinese chrysanthemum tea? It sounds like what you are describing with the pearls....but it's def not tapioca-ie.

Definitely not the same thing as chrysanthemum tea. Usually bubble tea is just black tea with milk, and then flavoring or fruit juices or whatnot. The pearls are usually little tapioca balls, or sometimes fruit-flavored balls, like strawberry, that the makers scoop and dump into the tea, and you get an extra-large straw and basically suck up the little balls as your drink the tea.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I tried the Lollicup. I had their lavender Milk tea sans boba... it was OMG so good.

That place is going to be my new hub lol.

Is Teavana online?

If you guys haven't tried Tazo's Well Being Rest with Rose... please do. It's amazing. It is my morning cup.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results