shape
carat
color
clarity

For the ladies over 40. Warning:TMI

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Knowing that I put a warning I KNOW Kenny and DF will read this thread, so, I am not asking preference or personal information, just opinion.
Sometimes when you need surgery, your nether regions get exposed in the OR. Or at the gyro. Growing up in the Neanderthal age all we had was the bush. ( you know what I mean) do you think someone over 40 is more likely smooth, trimmed or natural? You don't want someone to think OMG that's disgusting! Neither do you want them to think WTF is she doing there???

I just want to know what you think is most common in our age? I am self conscious (not saying which way) when this comes up.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it depends on the culture where you live. Where I'm from, it's not trimmed but in the US, it seems trimming is the norm.

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
I think a neatly/lightly manicured lawn is probably the most common. I hear that completely bare playing field is falling out of favor. I think Kenny has started a thread about this awhile ago with some pretty detailed personal answers.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd think trimmed.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doctors and nurses have seen it all and if you come in relatively freshly laundered, I doubt they give a rat's behind about your styling preferences. If for some reasons they need you to be shaved, they'll let you know.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
I know people stress about this, but as a medical professional who often does exams on people's private regions, it never even crosses my mind. As long as you've cleaned yourself fairly recently, I don't notice at all. If you are really self-conscious, you could go to a waxing salon and have a bikini wax done, but don't do it for the medical professionals - we honestly are not bothered by whatever you choose.

Edited to add: if you do decide to wax or shave, it should be done at least a week before surgery. Waxing/shaving cause small abrasions in skin and can result in higher rates of infection - which is why they stopped using razors pre-operatively and now just use clippers.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hospital and clinic employee (retired now): Cleanliness and tidiness or lack thereof was all I heard comments about.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ponder|1446145873|3943545 said:
I think a neatly/lightly manicured lawn is probably the most common. I hear that completely bare playing field is falling out of favor. I think Kenny has started a thread about this awhile ago with some pretty detailed personal answers.
A healthy lawn will look dark green in color, so sure to use a good fertilizer.. :wink2:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1446163105|3943651 said:
A healthy lawn will look dark green in color, so sure to use a good fertilizer.. :wink2:

:lol:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
It doesn't sound like the medical professionals notice too much. It sounds like clean and trimmed is a safe bet! :wavey:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I just KNEW you would read this!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rockinruby|1446173785|3943704 said:
It doesn't sound like the medical professionals notice too much. It sounds like clean and trimmed is a safe bet! :wavey:

Thanks for all the responses!!!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1446149889|3943587 said:
Doctors and nurses have seen it all and if you come in relatively freshly laundered, I doubt they give a rat's behind about your styling preferences. If for some reasons they need you to be shaved, they'll let you know.

Thid.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I agree that it depends on culture and/or where you live. In the US, I think that in general, women of all ages keep things trimmed up down there. I don't think that women who are over 40 maintain it any differently than say 20-something women or 30-something women (again, here in the US).
I'm sure all medical professionals are different, so they might notice different things.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am not over 40 but at this point anything seems to go. Seriously. I mean, think about all the crazy crap that's on TV. There was the RHONY chick that owns Completely Bare or whatever it's called--the waxing place. The Brazilians and whatnot. Hardwood floor, if you will lol

I am thinking neatly trimmed area rugs/runners.....

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rockinruby|1446173625|3943703 said:

:lol:
I also died laughing.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I think all the attention women pay to their naughty bits these days is a bit silly. :rolleyes:

As for medical people, they just want you to be clean and not smelly (all over BO smell, I mean).

Basic hygiene is really all that's needed.

Otherwise, who the heck cares what other people think?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ob/gyn is around 60. I think she's probably seen it all and doesn't care!

I will say that I noticed when filling out my new patient forms last time (my last ob/gyn retired) that on the one the doctor fills out 3/4 of there was a line for "external appearance" (or something along those lines, can't remember the exact wording). I would think a trimmed or manicured area would allow easier examination of the external skin. So, while we patients are thinking of this in terms of vanity (?), it might actually be a little tougher for a doctor to do a visual exam if there is a lot of underbrush impeding the view of the forest floor.

I just realized you said you were having surgery, though. If it isn't a gyn. exam, then it's really not a big deal. Unless you're concerned that you'll have a surgical team of hot gingers, Aprilbaby. In that case, I think you should consider vajazzling. :dance:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If its for surgery, they'll likely just shave you where they need to if you have any hair down there. I've only ever gone totally bare only once. Never again, because when that hair grows back, you're digging in your crotch like you got and very itchy and nasty disease. :lol: I neaten her up so hair doesn't get caught in the underwear legs (because that hurts like hell) and don't worry about it otherwise.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The fact is, men have more hair than women.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monarch64, you are killing me, lol
Vagazzling, I love that!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
autumngems|1446564814|3945104 said:
Monarch64, you are killing me, lol
Vagazzling, I love that!

You can't tell me that some of these PSr's haven't thought about or tried blinging out their less visible areas! :lol:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1446243286|3943993 said:
My ob/gyn is around 60. I think she's probably seen it all and doesn't care!

I will say that I noticed when filling out my new patient forms last time (my last ob/gyn retired) that on the one the doctor fills out 3/4 of there was a line for "external appearance" (or something along those lines, can't remember the exact wording). I would think a trimmed or manicured area would allow easier examination of the external skin. So, while we patients are thinking of this in terms of vanity (?), it might actually be a little tougher for a doctor to do a visual exam if there is a lot of underbrush impeding the view of the forest floor.

I just realized you said you were having surgery, though. If it isn't a gyn. exam, then it's really not a big deal. Unless you're concerned that you'll have a surgical team of hot gingers, Aprilbaby. In that case, I think you should consider vajazzling. :dance:

One can dream!!! :naughty:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I tried to groom when I was pregnant. Let's just say that Ray Charles could have done a better job, and I decided just to let it be. When I was checking in for my c-section, I told the nurse why it was so...unruly....she just laughed and pulled out a razor. No biggie.

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
amc80, I wish I had done what you did. I decided to get my DH to help. HUGE mistake, never again! LOL This thread was just what I needed on a day like today. Thanks for the humor :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results