shape
carat
color
clarity

For sale

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scottyyeah

Rough_Rock
Hello I am in a bit of a bind and I must sell a diamond ring I recently had set. It is a princess cut, GIA certified, laser inscribed, .79 Carat VVS2,
E color in a PLATINUM tiffany 4 prong setting. IT IS ABSOLUTELY Beautiful....I have pictures and a fresh appraisal of $7100, BUT I only need $3000 obo...LIke I said I am strapped for cash so the quicker the better...Email me if you need pictures or any other information concernign anything
1.gif
....I'll even pay for shipping [email protected]

Thanks Scott

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
In your shape, weight and quality a Pricescope search results in many diamonds slightly below to slightly above the $3K you need. It is highly unlikely therefore that any individual will step up and buy the one you have versus buying directly from a dealer who can fully stand behind their representations in a sale of an expensive item.

You have alternatives, but it is not commonplace to sell an unwanted engagement ring directly to the public. While ebay and the like exist, you'll generally find much less expensive jewelry there and dealers tell me that fine items just don't sell well on ebay anyway.

What is left? An auction gallery. Cash diamond buyers, or pawn shops. Leaving it on consignment with a trusted retailer. Only cash buyers and pawn shops are immediate. The others will likely take quite a bit of time...Months, not weeks or days.

Prepare your self to lose a lot more money and get it over with. You might get close to $2K somewhere, but the $3K pricing is only going to happen if you get struck by a lucky lightening bolt......

You have lots of company. You are not the only one to have ever had this problem or situation. It is going to be a costly experience, but I suppose way better than a terrible multi-year marraige ending badly. Maybe you can convince a family member to advance you the needed money with the ring as collateral. You could use the diamond in a future ring if you can overcome the emotional issues attached to it. In that way you'd save over a thousand in lost dollars...

Best of luck!

scottyyeah

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for your help....I havent asked anyone to marry me its just that my car is kinda messed, my mom needs some money, and all sorts of other stuff stacked against me...The $3000 is ideal, but I am ready to take any reasonable offer if it is extended...Thanks for your wisdom

Scott

finchuck

Shiny_Rock
Do you know anything else about the diamond? Dimensions, proportions, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results