shape
carat
color
clarity

For my braniac daughter, the biology major

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brace yourself, some might think it’s gross, lol.

I just bought this for my daughter. Some of you might remember that she doesn’t like jewels or diamonds. I showed her this and I got the most excited response from her, “WHOA, that’s COOL! Of course, I’d like the gems with insects in them.”

She doesn’t know I bought it. I’ll give it to her for her birthday in late summer.
D70D8E37-3963-48D1-BA05-05A751148FF8.jpeg

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock

I just bought this for my daughter. Some of you might remember that she doesn’t like jewels or diamonds. I showed her this and I got the most excited response from her, “WHOA, that’s COOL! Of course, I’d like the gems with insects in them.”

She doesn’t know I bought it. I’ll give it to her for her birthday in late summer.

Now, THAT is a fun present!

clumberlove

Shiny_Rock
I think she'll love it! Very cool :mrgreen2:

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
Cool gift. I have one of those with a mosquito, not faceted though.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I think that is pretty cool! I think she might actually love that!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@clumberlove @leslie1956 @Shijitake @MeowMeow
Thanks so much for the comments!

I’m not sure this can be set and worn as jewelry(??), but if it could, I think she would like maybe a bezel setting where she can wear as either a pin or a pendant.

I’ll have to email Gary tomorrow to ask more about it.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
@whitewave what about putting it in a bezel pendant or something? I think that would be super cool!

Edit: oh you already said that. Derp!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually thought about buying that. It’s such an interesting gem, especially with the little guy in there. A piece of history / nature just frozen in time. Very cool! Personally, I think it would make a great pendant and I think your daughter is going to love it. :kiss2:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually thought about buying that. It’s such an interesting gem, especially with the little guy in there. A piece of history / nature just frozen in time. Very cool! Personally, I think it would make a great pendant and I think your daughter is going to love it. :kiss2:

Oh, wow! Yes, it is definitely an interesting piece.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very cool gem that sounds like she’s going to enjoy! Are you going to have it set?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool gem that sounds like she’s going to enjoy! Are you going to have it set?

I want to see how large it in irl before figuring that part out.

SecondRing

Rough_Rock
Longtime lurker posting for the first time to say you are an awesome mom. That is such a cool gift.

Apparently I've posted before and don't remember? There seems to be a history *shrug*

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Such fun. It will be a great conversation piece and the history is so interesting to speculate upon!

mdi

Shiny_Rock
That is such a cool gift -- way to go mom!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Hmm...window or bug...bug or window?...bug wins hands down!!!

And that's a very cool yellow, I bet your brianiac daughter will love it!

mizzbutterfly

Rough_Rock
That’s sooooo thoughtful of you ! She will be so surprised and excited !

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is way cool!!!

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
Whitewave, so cool! My cousin is a lecturer at a University in NY in their art dept. She specifically is a metal worker and has designed some really unusual stuff - think jewelry with teeth or cast extremely detailed beetles. That's what you get when you mix a CA girl, a mathematics degree, and an art degree/obsession. :lol: I think she and your daughter might be kindred spirits!

Not sure if I'm allowed to link.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
coolgif.gif

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@princessandthepear yes, we have already been speculating on the age of this.

@mdi thank you!

@prs yes, it is a very cool yellow! Thanks for bringing that up.

@mizzbutterfly thank you. I hope she liked it enough to want it. I’m desperate to try anything to get her into jewels lol!!

@arkieb1 thank you.

@LinSF I hope you can link it because I’d love to see it. I’m very curious now. Lol

@missy thank you.

Reactions: mdi

mdi

Shiny_Rock
Well, at the very least, she can wear it to sci conferences and get some interesting reactions!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, at the very least, she can wear it to sci conferences and get some interesting reactions!

Another person and I were discussing this and I said and then she will find her future also Uber geek husband and I’ll have a line of supergeek grandkids :appl: It’s bound to happen with at least 1 of my kids.

mdi

Shiny_Rock
Another person and I were discussing this and I said and then she will find her future also Uber geek husband and I’ll have a line of supergeek grandkids :appl: It’s bound to happen with at least 1 of my kids.

It's not a bad thing! I'm the only "creative" one in a family full of scientists (mostly genetics and biology, but my sister is a computer scientist who doesn't even have her ears pierced). It does definitely make my love of sparklies a bit suspect though, haha.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results