shape
carat
color
clarity

For Freke- My oval Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stryeyes102

Shiny_Rock
By request here are some more pictures of my oval amethyst cut by Peter Torraca!
I had written him about an asscher he had cut, which it turns out had been sold. I wrote him again about cutting me a very faint amethyst in a Portuguese oval, which it turns out he had the perfect rough for! A week later and I had this little beauty in my hands.

Its a 2.51 oval which measured out at 8.00 x 10.51 x 5.75

I haven''t taken any sunny pictures yet. I know! Shame on me! But here are the dusk and incandescent pics i have. I promise to try to take some sun pics tomorrow

Please forgive the nails; I never get manicures but I usually try to keep them looking better then they are!

incaname01.JPG

stryeyes102

Shiny_Rock
Heres one with the flash on my camera. It looks dirty but i promise it wasn''t! It''s totally eye clean to me, and under a 10x loop.

Ameflash 01.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY!!!!

(I just saw this and I''m making ice cream, but I''ll be back!!!!)

stryeyes102

Shiny_Rock
Heres one more i just took... You can see what i meant by faint amethyst. (under one of those truelight bulbs)

ame1013.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wohoo!!! It''s gorgeous stry!!!!I love love love it!!!!

Do you have any idea what you''re going to do with it?

(I now have caramel/banana ice cream cooling in my freezer...)

stryeyes102

Shiny_Rock
I have been seriously trying to find a setting for it, without much luck. I bought it to make it into a memorial ring for me to remember my grandmother. I have a few pictures of setting parts i like but not enough money to go the custom route yet.
39.gif

I like this setting from jewels by Erica.. But id change it in a few ways. I was thinking making the basket supports hearts. Changing the side of the band into a fleur de lis sort of design without any pave, instead of the marquise. Its all still in my mind though

p.s. Your ice cream sounds yummy, if only it was dairy free! hehe

JewelsbyErica setting.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no...are you lactose intolerant? Vegan? Something else? (FF''s advisor has a dairy allergy--not sure to what, but she can''t eat ANY dairy).

I love love love that setting. I think it''s stunning, knock your socks off gorgeous!

stryeyes102

Shiny_Rock
Totally and completely lactose intolerant... Ever since i was 5 months old. Except they found I am allergic to the protein instead of the sugar''s like everyone else. Well use to it by now. Plus, there is a new brand of soy ice cream called purely decadent. OMG its the best soy ice cream out there. (I''ve been told the closest thing to ice cream I will ever get *gotta love siblings*) I can have anything if it is baked though *thank god*, because i think id die without cookies!

I love that setting as well. Im just trying to think if it would look odd with my changes, and odd in an oval shape. I didn''t want to add diamonds to it for fear it would out do the amethyst, but i wanted something kind of antique. Ive looked at filigree settings too but they are way out of my price range.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d die without cookies too. Lol.

Have you looked at any antique reproductions? That might be an avenue to look into. Or rings on ebay that you could take the stone out of?

I''ve been thinking about doing that a lot lately...

stryeyes102

Shiny_Rock
I have thought about swapping stones.. I am paranoid I would ruin the setting though!

The only antique reproduction place I know of is fay cullen''s website. And I have read too many bad things to even attempt that one. Are there any others you know of? My one only problem with reproductions is that they usually all have diamonds. Plus, When I do find something I like; its either WAY to expensive or, I like the stone that is already in it.
3.gif

I swear searching for a setting I have found the end of the internet and back! Just haven''t seen anything that makes my heart sing yet..Well, except that one i posted
9.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol. Let me think about it, and I''ll get back to you tomorrow. I have one place in mind, but I''d have to find the link and it''s getting late.

I do love that setting you posted though.

How much are you wanting to spend?

stryeyes102

Shiny_Rock
oye, thats a tough one.. Sadly, right now I probably only have around 300 to spend.

Ditto, It is indeed getting late! I believe id better be off to bed lol

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow that''s lovely! Great faceting on that stone.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Great stone and I LOVE that setting you posted!

E B

Ideal_Rock
It''s GORGEOUS! I love the color change in different lights.

OT: I''m dairy-intolerant too! And yes, Purely Decadent is the best soy ice cream I''ve found so far. YUM.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, Peter does amazing work! What a lovely Amethyst!

stryeyes102

Shiny_Rock
Here are some of the sun shots i promised.. Forgive the jeans, it was the easiest way to get a steady picture!

Thank you for all the compliments! Peter definitely knows what hes doing and hes truly wonderful to work with. I would recommend him to anyone wanting a custom cut stone!

dawname03.JPG

stryeyes102

Shiny_Rock
Showing some fire

dawname02.JPG

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Wow it''s even prettier in the sun! I love that last pic!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely stone. I think amethysts are so gorgeous (I love collecting them).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results