shape
carat
color
clarity

For everyone who''s been waiting so patiently.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Blue spinel ring!

I promise better pics in a few days but for now, here is what I have! The last few are really overexposed so that my stone doesn''t look like a chunk of darkness
3.gif
The jewelers did a great job - I was also glad that they clawed out the prongs like I asked them to. This time I went to a different jeweler (for Chicago folks, it was Windy City Diamonds this time around). Amazingly they got it done today!

So here they are...

BEGBlueSpinelTrellis31.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

BEGBlueSpinelTrellis32.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

BEGBlueSpinelTrellis33.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

BEGBlueSpinelTrellis34.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

BEGBlueSpinelTrellis35.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

BEGBlueSpinelTrellis37.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

BEGBlueSpinelTrellis38.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

BEGBlueSpinelTrellis39.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

BEGBlueSpinelTrellis40.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Last one until I get some good daylight pictures!

BEGBlueSpinelTrellis41.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!! I am going to wait to see it on your hand....I can't wait!

ETA: Tee hee hee!!! You're super fast at posting pics there...

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME.....WHAT A BEAUTIFUL RING.....LOVE IT!!!!
30.gif

Lori

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty BEG, where did you get the stone? My memory fails me. They did an awesome job with the prongs. Why can't my jeweler understand what "clawed" prongs are???

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!
36.gif
36.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning setting! I''m looking forward to seeing some outdoor shots of that beautiful spinel ...
2.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 11:41:11 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Yay!!!! I am going to wait to see it on your hand....I can''t wait!

ETA: Tee hee hee!!! You''re super fast at posting pics there...

Hahaha all about practice! And low-res pics
3.gif
Darn slow internet connection...

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 11:41:43 PM
Author: loriken214
AWESOME.....WHAT A BEAUTIFUL RING.....LOVE IT!!!!
30.gif

Lori

Thanks Loriken!
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 11:42:28 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Very pretty BEG, where did you get the stone? My memory fails me. They did an awesome job with the prongs. Why can''t my jeweler understand what ''clawed'' prongs are???

Thanks TL! The got the spinel from Barry - it was partly inspired by Freke''s e-ring (I really wanted a blue-purple stone with that cool color change!). He had this one, and I couldn''t help it - I had to buy it
1.gif

I''m glad that they got the claw part of the prongs. I was worried that I''d have to go into the whole explanation and show them a pic of a Leon ring on my phone, etc.
3.gif
If you don''t mind my asking, where do you get your stuff set, since you''re in my area?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 11:46:17 PM
Author: VRBeauty
What a stunning setting! I''m looking forward to seeing some outdoor shots of that beautiful spinel ...
2.gif

Thanks VRBeauty! I think I''m going to be able to get some good ones in my backyard when I go home - I''m too much of a wuss to take all my stuff outside my apartment building here and starting taking pics (not the best neighborhood, plus I think I''d look weird, lol)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 12:00:51 AM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

Very pretty BEG, where did you get the stone? My memory fails me. They did an awesome job with the prongs. Why can''t my jeweler understand what ''clawed'' prongs are???

Thanks TL! The got the spinel from Barry - it was partly inspired by Freke''s e-ring (I really wanted a blue-purple stone with that cool color change!). He had this one, and I couldn''t help it - I had to buy it
1.gif

I''m glad that they got the claw part of the prongs. I was worried that I''d have to go into the whole explanation and show them a pic of a Leon ring on my phone, etc.
3.gif
If you don''t mind my asking, where do you get your stuff set, since you''re in my area?
I get my gems set at Merry Richards in Northbrook. They do a decent enough job, but when I tell them pointed prongs, it doesn''t seem to register. They are highly recommended in the area though. I don''t travel into the city that often (hate the traffic, congestion and no parking).

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 11:34:51 PM
Author:Brown.Eyed.Girl
Blue spinel ring!

I promise better pics in a few days but for now, here is what I have! The last few are really overexposed so that my stone doesn''t look like a chunk of darkness
3.gif
The jewelers did a great job - I was also glad that they clawed out the prongs like I asked them to. This time I went to a different jeweler (for Chicago folks, it was Windy City Diamonds this time around). Amazingly they got it done today!

So here they are...
Fantastic, I do love your prongs!! Cannot wait for more pictures of that beauty of a spinel...blueberry beauty, that is...hehe.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 12:05:44 AM

I get my gems set at Merry Richards in Northbrook. They do a decent enough job, but when I tell them pointed prongs, it doesn''t seem to register. They are highly recommended in the area though. I don''t travel into the city that often (hate the traffic, congestion and no parking).
Though it is not near to Northbrook, have you tried the location in Oakbrook?

Sorry for the threadjack BEG!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 12:13:10 AM
Author: omieluv

Though it is not near to Northbrook, have you tried the location in Oakbrook?

Sorry for the threadjack BEG!
Too far!!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Wow brown eyed girl! Love the ring! I''m into that trellis setting...

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it BEG, the setting is gorgeous, I can''t wait to see outdoor pictures.

Linda

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 12:05:44 AM
Date: 2/4/2009 12:00:51 AM

Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

1.gif

3.gif

Have you tried showing them pictures? Steve Quick Jewelers didn''t get it at first either, until I showed them
3.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 12:10:20 AM
Author: omieluv
Date: 2/3/2009 11:34:51 PM

Author:Brown.Eyed.Girl

Blue spinel ring!

3.gif

So here they are...

Fantastic, I do love your prongs!! Cannot wait for more pictures of that beauty of a spinel...blueberry beauty, that is...hehe.

Thanks Omie! Have you made a decision on how you''re setting your BB garnet?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 12:37:13 AM
Author: cinnamon013
Wow brown eyed girl! Love the ring! I''m into that trellis setting...

Thanks Cinnamon!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 12:40:54 AM
Author: Linda W
Love it BEG, the setting is gorgeous, I can''t wait to see outdoor pictures.

Linda

Thank you Linda! Hopefully it''ll be soon - I''m not making the mistake of forgetting my camera USB when I go home this time
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results