shape
carat
color
clarity

for educational purposes: what would this diamond look like in person??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone,
I found this diamond at jamesallen and the image sparked my curiosity. I have no intention of buying this stone or anything. The small table, large spread, and dark contrasting arrows looked so interesting to me...not especially in a good way...but interesting...
33.gif

For purely educational purposes, what *might* this stone look like in person?? Would it be firey, pretty, ugly, etc???

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=944391

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Depending on the CA and PA it might be a real firey stunner. I would not mind a small table at all. The arrows look symmetrical. If The angles are working together, I find it hard to believe it would be ugly.

shay

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2007 11:04:46 PM
Author:kcoursolle
Hi everyone,
I found this diamond at jamesallen and the image sparked my curiosity. I have no intention of buying this stone or anything. The small table, large spread, and dark contrasting arrows looked so interesting to me...not especially in a good way...but interesting...
33.gif

For purely educational purposes, what *might* this stone look like in person?? Would it be firey, pretty, ugly, etc???

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=944391
there''s no angle info or crown height info.... the stone could be the same depth and be all crown or all pavillion. Either way I think the smaller tables are better for fire, but that isn''t the only factor that will determine it. It could look like a donut LOL

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The girdle is Very thin in at least one spot. This would concern me.

The center of the stone looks odd or fuzzy in the magnified photo. It doesn''t look crisp to me. I would pass on it.

This is all hypothetical guess work of course.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2007 11:03:28 AM
Author: Stone Hunter

The center of the stone looks odd or fuzzy in the magnified photo. It doesn''t look crisp to me. I would pass on it.

I''m not considering this stone for purchase at all, just curious what it might look like for learning purposes. The image does look a lilttle ugly! I was just curious how this stone might appear in person.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2007 3:03:46 PM
Author: kcoursolle

Date: 2/16/2007 11:03:28 AM
Author: Stone Hunter

I''m not considering this stone for purchase at all, just curious what it might look like for learning purposes. The image does look a lilttle ugly! I was just curious how this stone might appear in person.
I thought it just looked a bit blurry on the inside because of lack of focus. I would have to know what the crown and pav angles were like.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results