shape
carat
color
clarity

For Colombian Emeralds, AGL or GIA Report?

luismiguel

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hello everyone,

I appreciate your opinión about the more desired Report for Colombian Emeralds, at the US market. AGL or GIA?

Thank you.

Miguel

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I suspect AGL has more expertise than GIA when it comes to colored gems.
But I think the less-informed customers (IOW the majority) do not know this.

If I was buying an expensive emerald I'd insist on an AGL report.
If I was selling the same gem I'd make sure it had a GIA report, maybe both.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depends on the quality of the emeralds. It doesn't make sense to have an expensive GIA report for an inexpensive stone where an AGL brief will do. However, if the quality is exceptional (top colour and very light treatment or none), then a full prestige report may be worth it, showing the colour quality, what it has/hasn't been treated with, and the level of treatment.

luismiguel

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hello everyone again,

After read some opinions regarding AGL and GIA for Colored Stones Reports, concluded that both Gem Labs are Excellent.

I decided for GIA for certificate my first Emerald. My decision was because GIA Certificate is a final customer more recognized and worldwide accepted

On January I will have my first Colombian Emerald with GIA Identification Origen Report.

Thank everyone on this forum, for their opinions.

Miguel

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luismiguel|1451226645|3966752 said:
Hello everyone again,

After read some opinions regarding AGL and GIA for Colored Stones Reports, concluded that both Gem Labs are Excellent.

I decided for GIA for certificate my first Emerald. My decision was because GIA Certificate is a final customer more recognized and worldwide accepted

On January I will have my first Colombian Emerald with GIA Identification Origen Report.

Thank everyone on this forum, for their opinions.

Miguel

I would have gone with AGL. They're the premier lab for colored gems in the world, and they detected irradiation in emeralds that GIA did not.

luismiguel

Rough_Rock
Trade
Yes, AGL Prestige Full-Grading Report, is the Colored Stones most comprehensive certificate, I've seen.

I want to test both certificates, GIA Emerald Origen Report and AGL Emerald Prestige Full-Grading Report

My first Colombian Emerald went to GIA, my next Colombian Emerald will go to AGL, so I can know the customers preferences

Miguel

luismiguel

Rough_Rock
Trade
Also I will appreciate the opinions regarding the GUBELIN Gem Lab Certificate, for high quality Colombian Emeralds, for the USA market

Thank you.

Miguel

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results